Hi, I have a q10 which has bricked itself while charging overnight.There is no signs of life,ie no screen,no led,solid or blinking,powering on or off has no reaction either.When I plug into the pc and link,the pc does not register an connection.I have inserted another battery from another q10 which does work and get the same results.Is there anyway or sccessing the BlackBerry to try and reload the os.I have tried connectting without the battery but nothing registers on the pc or the bb.

Thanks Highlander

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 03:23 PM
    How did you go with this? Is it still under warranty? Sounds like a hardware problem.
    09-30-14 05:25 PM
    I can relate. In addition to the double typing issues, my Q10 had been turning itself off and rebooting.

Then yesterday, dead. Nothing helps: battery removal, charging, wall charger, new battery, etc. The only thing I had going was Link recognised the phone. So, I followed some advice from the forums and reloaded the OS. Now, NOTHING...
    10-01-14 05:24 PM
    No SOS led is a bad sign.
    You can always try a "soft brick" :

First, check the drivers for your phone on your Desktop (BlackBerry Link).

Pull out the battery, connect your phone and run an autoloader. Now, when your phone is detected by the autoloader, unplug the USB cable from your Desktop.

After this, your phone must be "soft bricked".
    Last step : reload the desired os like the normal way through BlackBerry Link.
    10-02-14 04:54 AM
    Thank you for your kind assistance.

However, all to no avail . . . Will have to send for post warranty repair. And if still no good, then will have to think twice about purchasing another phone as that would be four in 18 months.
    10-04-14 07:35 AM
    I agree, there is too many coincidences in your case... Can be from electrical problems in your house to bad apps or leak installed ; and there is a lot a variables in between.
    If I get the time, I will compile a tool to get all the metadata from a phone and anonymously upload them on a server. Then ask the user what issue he has. From that, I guess we'll have some answer.
    10-04-14 08:28 AM
    Perhaps electricity, however, as I always use the BB charger, I am doubtful.

As for apps, I will have to check, but I am essentially native apps . . . And never install leaks. Happy, albeit impatient, to wait for authorised OS updates. And it is a pity. Was looking at the PD as I miss my old one: nice, although I do not like the PD logo banner across the top. And was tempted to break out the 9900, but so far have resisted and will continue to use the backup Z30 for the remainder of the business trip.

All the best.
    10-05-14 06:04 AM