Hello!

I have a Q10 that is unfortunately unrecoverable. Refuses to boot, and all methods I've attempted to resurrect it have failed. This is fine. There is a data backup from this device from not that long ago.

So the replacement phone was a Priv, not a BB10 device. I unfortunately can't restore the backup to the Q10 since the Q10 is toast. How do I get that backup data onto the Priv? Do I need to find a Q10 somewhere to temporarily restore the data to and then use that as a transfer medium?

Thank you.
    02-08-16 09:55 AM
    You will need to get a BB10 device and set it to the same BBID as you had when you made your backup. This means if you borrow a friend's device, it will have to be wiped. The OS version of the device must be the same or newer from your backup.
    02-08-16 11:49 AM
    Hello!

I have a Q10 that is unfortunately unrecoverable. Refuses to boot, and all methods I've attempted to resurrect it have failed. This is fine. There is a data backup from this device from not that long ago.

So the replacement phone was a Priv, not a BB10 device. I unfortunately can't restore the backup to the Q10 since the Q10 is toast. How do I get that backup data onto the Priv? Do I need to find a Q10 somewhere to temporarily restore the data to and then use that as a transfer medium?

Thank you.
    How to switch from a BlackBerry 10 device to PRIV
    How to switch from a BlackBerry 10 device to PRIV | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

BlackBerry Content Transfer
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ymigrate&hl=en
    02-10-16 09:25 PM
    The question says the Q10 won't boot. Your solutions involve having a working BB10 device...

Posted via CB10
    02-14-16 11:13 AM