Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Q10 Bluetooth with Nissans

Hello Crackberry world. I just upgraded to a Q10 from an older model Bold. I am unable to pair my new phone with the stock stero system in my 2011 Nissan Xterra SV. The Nissan dealer told me that the issue was with the BB software not being compatable as BB has not made the software for Nissan yet. Has anyone had a simlar issue?
    If the Q10 is running the same software as the Z10 one would think this would have been addressed by now.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,021 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Moonshine Please.

I have both Z10 and Q10 and both pair with my 2010 BWM with no issues. I have seen instances where the car itself can only store a certain number of devices that can be paired. I'm not sure if that's the case with Nissan but it's something you may want to check your vehicle owners manual.

Posted via CB10
    "When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down."
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    NED UNDER JEEP

Quote Originally Posted by Tristangill83 View Post
    Hello Crackberry world. I just upgraded to a Q10 from an older model Bold. I am unable to pair my new phone with the stock stero system in my 2011 Nissan Xterra SV. The Nissan dealer told me that the issue was with the BB software not being compatable as BB has not made the software for Nissan yet. Has anyone had a simlar issue?
    If the Q10 is running the same software as the Z10 one would think this would have been addressed by now.
    Is that a salesman that informed you of this? Cuz that is not correct. Bluetooth is bluetooth. Nothing to do with BlackBerry software I'm afraid. All you are doing is sending a bluetooth signal to the vehicles receiver to then broadcast over its speakers. The end. Gotta love car salesmen.

Posted via CB10

Those who walk with their spirit,
    Have a comfortable pair of shoes.
    and a blackberry
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
    Is that a salesman that informed you of this? Cuz that is not correct. Bluetooth is bluetooth. Nothing to do with BlackBerry software I'm afraid. All you are doing is sending a bluetooth signal to the vehicles receiver to then broadcast over its speakers. The end. Gotta love car salesmen.

Im pretty sure he was the service manager. Im not a tech guy but I can agree with your point about bluethooth being a signal and not make specific.
    Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

It isn't completely universal, especially when it comes to car stereos. There's different bluetooth protocols and sometimes car stereos can be finicky. I don't have a Q10 or a Nissan, but my Android won't stream audio to my cruze, only will do calls over bluetooth despite supporting the bluetooth standard.
    CrackBerry Addict

Works fine on Subaru and Cadillac. Check Bluetooth protocols on the stereo.
    ~Twitter: @wbbeinuni
    Brooklyn, NY/Eastern Ontario
    CrackBerry Abuser

I would call B.S on that the salesman told you as well.

It pairs just fine with my kia 2010 Rio and my 2006 BMW X3

Think more like there are countless of cheap Chinese $5 bluetooth headsets all of which will work with your brand new Q10 which has the newest software of any smartphone out there.

This phone is made by the company that has been doing it for 13 years...

And when the dealer told you it was blackberry (with 13 years experience) and not nissan (with 3 years of bluetooth history)

... and you believed him?

Try having him hook it up to his phone and watch what he does. He may be doing it differently.

And if he has trouble....

Posted via Q10
    Thanked by:
    Zipper (05-09-2013) 
    wbbeinuni likes this.

My Z10 running the 10.1 leak paired with no problem to the Bluetooth system in my 09 Altima.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Curious....did you solve this problem ? I've got a 2012 Nissan. Worked perfectly with bold 9900. Have new Q10 but haven't tried yet....this is a big issue for those of us with nav. Would totally suck to have to buy a separate bt device to be able to use this feature.
    CrackBerry Addict

Try it and get back to us, please.

Posted via CBQ10
    ~Twitter: @wbbeinuni
    Brooklyn, NY/Eastern Ontario

I don't have a Q10, but I am into tech and love BT. The dude is feeding you a line so they don't have to trouble shoot. Certain features may not work, but not pairing is a tech issue with one or both of the devices, and if it's the phone, return it for warranty exchange.

My current phone is/was paired with, a stereo BT headset, 2 different mobile BT to headphone adapters, a BT to home theater adapter, a BT aftermarket car audio deck (that is a good 5-6 years old), a BT to FM transmitter, and our home phone (that is also paired with my wifes smartphone). Oh and multiple tablets, I transition between these BT connections multiple times a day. This is clearly an example of the Nissan dude wanting to push you off on BB tech support. Also wouldn't be surprised if he thinks because you say BB that you have an old out of date device because he carries iOS or Android and it works fine.

Never trust reps when they throw stuff like that out, unless he shows you his BB Q or Z don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth that is device specific. As a car guy, techie, and working IT never believe a blanket claim like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts

My Z10 paired perfectly with my wife's 2013 Infiniti.

Oh and I forgot to add, phone and tablets paired to multiple BT keyboards. BT is more universal in the pairing stage than people not wanting to troubleshoot will admit. Features not working can be attributed to OS or device (not auto pairing, Pandora not working, etc) but simply pairing is almost for sure an issue with the deck in the car unless you have a hardware/software failure issue. But it's not a blanket BB issue.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

My Z paired just fine with my '11 G37 (same nav & bluetooth as the Nissan models) . I'd say 2 out of 10 times it doesn't connect properly, but usually only after I shut the car off and restart it. Haven't had any problems with the bb maps app pushing out voice navigation or with the phone functions. I have factory nav, but I tried a comparison between the bb app and both were speaking directions with no issues.
    CrackBerry User

I have an Acura tsx 09 and I have no problems pairing with q10 or even streaming audio.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    NED UNDER JEEP

So this stuck out in my head and even though I'm up to par in wireless tech etc. I had to humor myself.

Today: Went for a beer with the old man, paired to his 2007 KIA Sportage

Borrowed Wife's Toyota, Paired fine

Of course just fine in my 2009 BMW 330i

And of course can stream music blah blah blah.
    To the OP, like I said and others said. I friggen hate lazy people and lazy car salesmen?? "Insert angry comment here"!!

Bluetooth is the most universal wireless standard there is. Besides wired USB and that is BS to blame the device unless your device transmitter was corrupt or vice versa to the vehicle Receiver. I've used the worst imported cheap crappy bluetooth to pair and never a pairing issue. Sorry but that pisses me off. Should be sued for defamation of character. "Hey this brand new car stutters when I punch it" ...salesmen " oh yeah its cuz of those shoes you wear, not compatible with the gas pedal and jams up" joke!

Posted via CB10

Those who walk with their spirit,
    Have a comfortable pair of shoes.
    and a blackberry
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Hi. Posted earlier, z10, two of, both worked fine until upgrade to 10.1 now no audio and pairing is flaky.. not impressed

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

In my case, I have an Nissan Altima 2013 with navigation. I can connect but it cant download the phone book. It actually crashes in different spots, some times after 145 records other after 155 and so on. I keep doing manually until it works. This happens both with the Q10 and Z10. It work flawlessly with the 9810.
    CrackBerry User

I have an A2DP (?) adapter for my cars audio system and it definitly pairs, but the problem is is that y q10 wont auto-pair with the receiver once i leave the car and get back in (it would ask for the pairing numbers) then wouldnt connect sooo I used to have to delete the receiver off my q10 and repair for it to work again. But such is a process for everytime you get in your car...

funny thing happened this morning... it asked for the passcodes and paired automatically without me having to delete it first.. NOTE: i did uncheck the remember the last device you paired with under settings so not sure if that has anythign to do with it... but i suppose my question is... is this happening to anyone else?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    858 Global Posts

Oddly enough, Nissan doesn't show either the Z or Q as a supported device for the Bluetooth in the OP's vehicle (Nissan Bluetooth | Wireless Phone Technology | Nissan USA). Granted, the Q is a fairly new device, but you'd think at least the Z10 would show up.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I rented a Nissan a few weeks back, my girlfriend was trying to connect her S4 via bluetooth and it did not work! I then tried my Q10 and paired it within 15secs... after that she tried again with her Samsung, and on her fourth attempt it paired... don't know what the reason is, but if I were you I would try again, maybe do it quickly, a second after activating the pairing mode from the car settings...
    Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Q10 SQN100-3 - 10.2.1.3253
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    317 Global Posts

I've paired my Q10 with my 2013 Altima SV, No problems at all.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

here is nissan response
    Thank you for contacting Nissan North America, Inc. and allowing us the opportunity to be of assistance. We are sorry to hear about the concerns you have regarding your Bluetooth compatibility in your 2013 Altima.

If the phone is not on the compatibility list, limited functions may be available, and the system may not operate correctly or to its fullest capability.

If you are wondering why your phone is not compatible right now, existing Bluetooth phones that are not listed as compatible have not passed Nissan testing. Major calling functions like making, accepting and ending phone calls did not function properly and/or the Bluetooth connection was not stable.

You may visit our Bluetooth website (Nissan Bluetooth | Wireless Phone Technology | Nissan USA) periodically for updated compatibility listings.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Was your phone book list sent properly to the car?
    CrackBerry User

I have nissan Juke on loan. It pairs and can play music but the headset doesn't work.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast