Hi all,

Welcome all, as I've just joined.

I have a problem with my Blackberry Q10 (software onboard 10.2.1.2977) and BMW ULF module.

Everything works fine, I can pair devices without any problem, also I can receive and make calls etc.

But one problem is annoying. Every time I turn off ignition and come back to the car some time later, Q10 doesn't connect to the car automatically. When I unlock the phone, go to Settings/Bluetooth and then click on the device, it's being connected.

I've noticed, that when I turn on the ignition and at the same time just unlock the screen so the main home screen is displayed, the connection is established without any problem and the bluetooth icon at the left top corner is highlighted. So it seems, that Q10 doesn't connect to Bluetooth devices when it's locked and dimmed.

Do you know how can I force Q10 to connect automatically even if locked? Any software upgrade or additional app?

I have option "Connect to last device when turned on" checked in the Bluetooth settings.

Any advice appreciated.
    10-21-14 02:45 PM
    Do you know how can I force Q10 to connect automatically even if locked? Any software upgrade or additional app?
    Just an NFC tag that you programmed with the Smart Tags app from BlackBerry.
    10-21-14 04:29 PM
    Joshu42 - thank you! I didn't know anything about NFC before. Sounds interesting! I'll play with it and come back here to write if it helps.

Regards
    10-21-14 05:38 PM
    With my BB9900 I was constantly having issues of it not linking immediately to the car. With the Q10 and same software as you, I linked once and nearly 2weeks later have not had a single issue. Works perfect. I just enter the car and start it and before I even realize it the Q10 is already connected to the car and no need to unlock or even touch it. I would suggest you try doing a test on another car radio with BT(maybe a friends) if possible as I suspect the issue could be the module.
    10-22-14 09:27 AM
    NFC doesn't work for me, as I need to turn on the screen to read the tag. The same I need to do to connect automatically to the module, so it's easier to do it without NFC.

m2k_mz - I've heart somewhere, that at least one bluetooth device need to attempt to reconnect, so maybe you are right. Maybe your car attempts first? Maybe my car does not? I don't know. I tried to test on different device, and my HTC connects to the module even if locked (it doesn't connect finally, because it disconnect and connect all the time, but for few seconds it's connected even if turned off). So I don't know what's the reason.

Today I did few attempts to enter the car, turn on ignition, and my BB connects within 2 seconds when ignition is on, but the screen needs to be on also.

Don't know what to do...

Regards
    10-22-14 05:30 PM
    Hi guys,

Glad to announce, that today I've updated the software from 10.2.1.2977 to 10.2.1.3054. Blackberry reports, that one of the changes was related with Bluetooth improvements. And guess what... bluetooth works fine now with my BMW ULF module 7th generation. When I enter the car, turn on the ignition it connects automatically within couple of seconds. Now there is no need to unlock the phone and turn on the screen (it was neccessary previously). It reconnects automatically when BMW module is within range even in the pocket.

Regards
    11-17-14 04:55 PM