Hello everyone,

I'm encountering something strange with my Q10.

I set my morning alarm, put the phone into Bedside Mode and then hit the hay. Sometimes I wake up early and want to check the time, so I press the top lock button on the phone which wakes the display - still in bedside mode - so that I can see the time.

My problem is that after I do this, the alarm no longer goes off in the morning.

On previous Blackberries I could hit the lock button to read the time, and it had no effect on the alarm... is this another "feature" of BBOS 10...?

I'm running 10.2.1

Thanks!!
    05-13-14 03:27 AM
    That is odd. I've done this with no issues.

Others may offer something better, but maybe a restart if you haven't tried already?

I have my phone plugged in so the clock stays on overnight, but if you go to the clock app, swipe down and choose bedside mode that way, the clock will stay on without it being plugged in, which would save you hitting the top button to check the time.
    05-13-14 04:11 AM
    I've never had this problem. I use bedside mode through my lockscreen after plugging in my phone and swiping down from the top of the display. Try that instead. The clock stays on, so you don't have to hit the lock button to turn on the display.

Since the Q10's screen is an AMOLED display, it doesn't illuminate the room with the clock like the 9900 did.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    05-13-14 07:58 AM
    Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately plugging in the phone overnight isn't an option.

I'll do a battery pull and see what happens. Hopefully it will fix things.
    05-13-14 08:56 AM
    Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately plugging in the phone overnight isn't an option.

I'll do a battery pull and see what happens. Hopefully it will fix things.
    Do try that, but I did mention above that you don't HAVE to plug your phone in for the clock to remain on.
    05-13-14 09:29 AM
    Surely if you just 'wake' the phone using the power button, it's fine...alarm mode stay's active...its only cancelled if you swipe up from the lower bezel to wake the screen...?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 04:41 PM
    Surely if you just 'wake' the phone using the power button, it's fine...alarm mode stay's active...its only cancelled if you swipe up from the lower bezel to wake the screen...?

Posted via CB10
    That's how I thought it would/should work too. The problem has happened a couple of times - maybe a battery pull will save the day.
    05-14-14 01:25 AM
    I've used bedside mode (not plugged in) and checked the time using the swipe-up action when then screen is off...alarm setting was unaffected so it should work either way to check the time.
    05-16-14 12:21 PM
    Okay - I think I know what's happening. The phone is put into bedside mode whilst it's plugged in and powering up, and the alarm is set. The phone is then unplugged but is left in bedside mode. At this point the phone seems to unset the alarm itself without me doing anything.

Basically to stop the issue I've seen happening, just either leave it plugged in or set the alarm after the phone is unplugged from the charger.

Possibly a bit of a bug there, I think.
    06-04-14 03:13 AM