Had problem that I can't change my profile picture in BBM, only the words for update status is changed.

Realized it from my friend who told me why I never change my pciture in last 3 days (exactly at the time I switched to Q10). So tested it by looking at my son blackberry 9790 where it's true my picture never changed since 3 days ago even in fact I did change it every day.

Only the words for update status I can change and effect to other people to see it, but not the picture. I can see other people profile picture and status is changed every time without any problem. But also some bbm contacts does do not show its picture, only the status where in the past before using Q10, those BBM contacts always have their photo there.

Please kindly help me to solve this issue. Or is it really still bug for OS 10.1.0.2309 ? Appreciate for any assistance please.... Thanks a lot !
    07-06-13 11:54 AM
    I'm on Q10, and I changed my BBM picture. When you open BBM, click on your name tab (at the top), then you will be prompted to the area where you can edit your name, details, what's on your mind, etc. Just click on the photo near the name edit function(it will be directly to the left of it, takes up 25% of the width of the top bar, and it shares that real estate with the edit name tab), and it will allow you to change it. I can upload a screenshot if you want.

This should pop up when you click on the square next to your edit name thing:
    07-06-13 12:17 PM
    Thanks for your info but this is not the case I mean. I can easily change picture in my device but other people see still my old pictures.

So the problem is, it's not updated the picture to other people where only my update status was changed, but not the picture !

Appreciate for other info, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 01:03 PM
    Mine is kinda similar problem but this time, its my contacts pics are what's missing. I dont understand why. Also, I cant sEem to find an option to clear the updates. How long are they going to stay there?

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 02:31 PM
    Ugh! I cant attach a screenshot!

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 02:32 PM
    I guess I'm having a similar issue. I just added someone to BBM and even though both of us have a picture set, it appears blank for the other user.
    07-06-13 02:40 PM
    Maybe it takes a while for the server to upgrade... who knows? :/

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-06-13 04:27 PM
    Seems like I am not the only person to have this issues. 4 friends of mine who use Q10 and Z10 are also having exactly similar issues. We are in Indonesia, so probably carrier's problem?

They also able to change their picture in device but no change at all to others device. Only words for update status is changing.

Hope there will be solution soon. Very frustrated we can't change our picture

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 07:13 PM
    How can we get this reported to blackberry? Maybe this issue is already resolved with the new upcoming version of os. 10.2

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 05:53 PM
    I can confirm it happenned to me also
    By the way I also live in Indonesia (Jakarta) & using Excelcomindo as my telco provider.
    Anybody have found a solution for this issue?
    07-08-13 03:58 AM
    How can we get this reported to blackberry? Maybe this issue is already resolved with the new upcoming version of os. 10.2

Posted via CB10
    Try reaching them on Twitter.
    @BlackBerryHelp
    07-08-13 04:03 AM
    How to update OS to BlackBerry please help..

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 06:54 AM
    my wife z10 cant change display picture too since 1 week ago.
    and not only her, but many other people too, mine can change normally.

dont know what happen from BlackBerry server..

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 09:10 PM
    Just tonight when I tried to change DP in BBM, surprisingly now it's working !!

Seems like the problem in server already settled. Please try to change it and hope now it's working as well !

I am now so happy with my Q10 completely ... Thanks to all attention and comments..
    07-09-13 11:23 AM
    Hi all who's having BBM status profile issue has two way to fix the issue 1. use new BBM ID because i tried on my device is working 2. If you are using old BBM ID your old device most be format both old & new if you already enter the ID on the new device
    07-31-13 04:55 AM
    Had problem that I can't change my profile picture in BBM, only the words for update status is changed.

Realized it from my friend who told me why I never change my pciture in last 3 days (exactly at the time I switched to Q10). So tested it by looking at my son blackberry 9790 where it's true my picture never changed since 3 days ago even in fact I did change it every day.

Only the words for update status I can change and effect to other people to see it, but not the picture. I can see other people profile picture and status is changed every time without any problem. But also some bbm contacts does do not show its picture, only the status where in the past before using Q10, those BBM contacts always have their photo there.

Please kindly help me to solve this issue. Or is it really still bug for OS 10.1.0.2309 ? Appreciate for any assistance please.... Thanks a lot !
    09-17-13 11:50 PM