Hi All,

I know there are a number of threads out there already discussing the issue but I dont want to highjack somebody's thread for my issue as well:

Here is the usage statistics:

Taken off charge: 6:15 am
    Current time: 3:15 pm
    Battery left: 40%
    Usage time 9hrs

Here is the breakdown of the usage time, and I am going to compare this directly to the Galaxy Note 3 that I have and used for the same purpose under identical (virtually) circumstances:

Early in the morning I check the Daily bus schedule via the mobile browser (refreshes where the bus is at any given moment), the bus ride is about an hour with Poor to Great service here and there, so gets a run for its money in terms of data usage and antenna quality:

Pandora, streaming the whole ride (bout an hour)
    Heavily cycle between different news sites / apps
    Realtime Market updates
    Multiple email account check / pull
    A few text messages here and there
    Do a little more browsing here and there

This goes on off and on for about an hour till i get to work, where phone automatically connects to the Wifi network and goes pretty much on standby...

Now, in this hour of usage the Q10 has eaten up ~15% battery life, where as the Note 3 usually eats about 9% (I understand that the sizes of the batteries are different, but the devices are also different with the note having a quad processor and a 5.7" screen)... so when I check the Q10 around 4pm, I have about 35% battery life left (mostly on standby from 7am on - a few BBMs and walking around at lunch time for a little) while the note usually has more than 50% left at the same time and lasts all the way into midnight before requiring another charge (running Pandora on the ride home as well the whole way through).

When I check the usage stats (Device monitor) on the phone I see the following - "Since last charge":

System: 17%
    Display: 15% (set to less than 50 brightness)
    PIM Services: 9.4%
    Standby: 6.9%
    Home screen: 2.8%
    Browser: 1.4%

I know that blackberries have great battery life, this is not my first blackberry (had the 9650 and the 9930 for some time), but I cant figure this one out...

I have 2 gmail accounts connected to it (calendars are not synced, contact sync limited to once 24hrs) - i dont get a boat load of emails and i dont use the phone that much... I know I should be getting 2 days out of it easy. As much as I love the berry, if this is the new standard for battery life, I will have to switch back to the Galaxy line, but I would venture to guess that something else is going on here, I just cant figure it out. I have read all the threads on the topic, but it seems like unless you have a serious PIM issue, it shouldnt be draining the battery that fast while not doing all that much really.

Thanks for any advice...
    08-01-14 02:42 PM
    Since I already started the thread I might as we'll ask another question. The damned back button the appears everywhere and in every app, as well as the attachment toolbar in bbm, any way to hide or remove those? Yes it's a 3.1" screen but when you factor all the hard placed back button and the list of other options, it really takes away from the experience. Any shot somebody found a workaround to maximize the screen real estate utilization?

Thanks
    08-01-14 03:05 PM
    Figured out the menu thing on android apps, still wanna remove it on BB apps too. Battery issue still plagues the device. Pretty disappointed that I can't find a solution. Really trying to readjust back to the berry...
    08-01-14 05:49 PM
    I'll try to chime in here. Which OS are you running? Lately I upgraded to the latest official 10.2.1 OS for my Q10, I think it is .2977, and my battery life went kind of downhill.

You talked about the busride, I use to also have one hour long train rides where connection is really poor to really good. Especially with 4G enabled the battery is drained quite a bit.

Have you any additional (headless?) background tasks running?

Edit:
    I noticed your PIM Service indeed seems to be rather high. Mine is somewhere between 2-3%. I don't have too many contacts, two self-hosted mail accounts as well as one outlook.com account which syncs both mail and calendar.

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    08-02-14 05:35 AM
    As mentioned try running on 3G instead. My battery life improved dramatically when I did that. Not sure why your pim services is running so high. Mine runs between 1-2%.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 06:04 AM
    Well the thing is that my Note 3 goes through the same ride and handles it no problem - I suspect its not the actual ride or the service quality but something that is eating up system resources (ie. PIM or something along those lines) - I just dont know how to isolate the issue.

OS is 10.2.1.2179

thanks
    08-02-14 09:39 AM
    I don't have an option in mobile network settings to toggle 2g/3G. It says AT&T lte only
    08-02-14 12:38 PM