The reviews on the net say that Q10 has nice battery life, better than most of Android smartphones. But mine looks like the same as previous Android phone - 2 days with light-medium use...making no advantage in this aspect (but Q10 is still cool and sexy asf)
    So I just want to know if everything is correct with my settings...my battery stats on one charge shows 41% for display, 19% for system and and 16% for standby (30 hours of use). Is that values are okay or something is wrong and system/standy should waste less battery? Thank you.
    04-17-16 08:06 AM
    I have a Q10 and I get amazing battery life. Up to 2.5 and sometimes 3 days on the dot. But I'm a normal moderate user. I talk, text, light browse, and game just a notch. The reason why my battery last long is because I have wifi, bluetooth, nfc, all turned off and no apps running in the background. I have my screen brightness on 100% and still get great battery life.

I turn wifi off when I'm not browsing. Never understood why people have wifi on when people aren't browsing it's just a battery killer or anything else running in the background. I do believe the Q10's battery last longer than most phones. They're just as great as nokia's battery power.
    04-17-16 11:12 AM
    I have a Q10 and I get amazing battery life. Up to 2.5 and sometimes 3 days on the dot. But I'm a normal moderate user. I talk, text, light browse, and game just a notch. The reason why my battery last long is because I have wifi, bluetooth, nfc, all turned off and no apps running in the background. I have my screen brightness on 100% and still get great battery life.

I turn wifi off when I'm not browsing. Never understood why people have wifi on when people aren't browsing it's just a battery killer or anything else running in the background. I do believe the Q10's battery last longer than most phones. They're just as great as nokia's battery power.
    Well, it's a smartphone...I keep lot of time with Wi-Fi on because i need my email and WhatsApp
    04-17-16 01:29 PM
    You always have the option to get an extra battery and use it to replace the one which got empty. That's one of the advantages having a Q10 after all

Posted via my Q10, 10.3.2.2876
    bbnrs likes this.
    04-17-16 01:31 PM
    Or you can buy cheap Chinese smartphone with twice juice as Q10 has and do not have any headaches with replacing batteries but q10 is way cooler than any of those.
    Looks like 1.5-2 days with moderate use is okay result for that beauty...honestly I expected a little more
    Last edited by Anton Korshunov; 04-17-16 at 01:56 PM.
    04-17-16 01:43 PM
    THE only brand known for battery life is old Nokia. No other brand can come close to what they have made. As for modern smartphones , I am quite happy with q10: at the end of second day I still have about 20% juice left. I could never achieve that with any android/winmobile phone.

Q10
    xKingHopy likes this.
    04-17-16 03:07 PM
    Wow you guys are making me feel like something is wrong with my Q10! I'm a pretty heavy user but most days I have to replace the battery by mid afternoon. Each month I use about 3000 minutes, almost 10k texts and hundreds of emails. I have 4 email accounts on the Q10 but it just keeps chugging along! Extra batteries are key!

Posted via CB10
    xKingHopy likes this.
    04-19-16 04:34 PM
    my device monitor used to show 3 days of battery left but for the last two days it only show a day and 3 hours i am a moderate user . i basically use the phone to text through whatssapp , instagram and piniterest . and i dont keep the wifi on with out any reason i have my location services turned off a little disppointed here
    05-25-16 03:07 AM
    I use my Q10 for work on WiFi I use email and Remember. I charge it Sunday and use it for 5 days M-F 9-5 and it still has juice using a standard battery with screen brightness fairly low..pretty amazing it acts like an e-ink reader Also I shut the Q10 off @ 5pm too and turn it on @ 9am

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 08:43 AM
    On heavy use I get upto 12 to 14 hours

Posted via CB10
    05-28-16 11:42 AM
    Or you can buy cheap Chinese smartphone with twice juice as Q10 has and do not have any headaches with replacing batteries but q10 is way cooler than any of those.
    Looks like 1.5-2 days with moderate use is okay result for that beauty...honestly I expected a little more
    What are these "headaches" you speak of in regards to changing the battery? It's simple slide the battery door open, pop battery out, pop battery in and slide door closed. If that gives you a headache, you had better go back to writing letters and reading the newspaper.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    ck2nb likes this.
    05-28-16 12:52 PM
    Battery is good as long as ur on wifi and don't have location services on..

Posted via CB10
    06-03-16 02:41 AM
    Battery is good as long you have everything off and you dont use your phone.
    If you have data connections on, you use browser, whatsapp, email etc. It will last you one day, just like the other smartphones.
    The superb battery life is the myth, spreaded by the people, which do not really use the functions of a smartphone. If you use your q10 as the smartphone (not just for calls or sms) it will last you a day for sure, but not two or more.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-16 03:09 AM
    On heavy use I get about 11 hours or so.. moderate about a day

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 02:30 AM
    If you have data connections on, you use browser, whatsapp, email etc. It will last you one day, just like the other smartphones.
    The superb battery life is the myth, spreaded by the people, which do not really use the functions of a smartphone. If you use your q10 as the smartphone (not just for calls or sms) it will last you a day for sure, but not two or more.

Posted via CB10
    Nooo...not been my experience. Many times I have it out on the weekend, no charge necessary. That includes browsing, light map usage, watching some short videos in addition to usual text, email call duty. The Q10 does better than other phones here, which includes an iPhone, which always goed back to charge at the end of the day while the Q10 can easily go another 10-12 hours
    If it isn't lasting for you, I would suggest you have one 'bad apple' app there which is sucking up the juice unnecessarily. I run only BB10 apps, including Feedminder which was set to poll for emergency alerts at regular intervals
    06-11-16 05:18 PM
    No, i dont use any third part apps and never did. Im not complaining about battery life on q10. With such a light use, my q10 lasts exactly as good as yours. But the same usage I had much better battery performance with my lumia 730 and with two sims in it. Iphone 6s battery lasts two days of heavy usage. (hours of gaming, youtube.. etc) . Try to play some games on your q10 for couple of hours, and you will se how "good" your battery is.
    What I wanted to say, that blackberry users are not the same as iphone or android users. We dont play any games for hours, we dont watch youtube videos all day long. Just a bit of browsing, email, messaging apps, etc. Plus we have that tiny screen, which dont need as much juice as big 5" screens.
    Q10 battery life is ok, but not great, such as passport's or iphone 6's.

Posted via my q10
    06-12-16 05:03 AM
    Well I agree there is no magic here. Same batteries, screen, electronics. These should all produce similar battery life. Even accounting for user differences though, I think most users other phones have some crap app (or customized part of the OS) running in the background chewing up battery life.

I have many personal data points with friends and coworkers around me who use their phones in similar manner. No gaming, but the iPhone and Android users are always plugging in their phones by the end of the day. I do not have to do this with either my Z30 (so negating the screen size argument) or Q10. I, however, do have to reach for the plug most days with the Z10 or Bold 9900. Hence, to me, there is something slightly magical with the Q10 :-)
    I don't know if it is coincidence both the Q10 and Z30 have the AMOLED screen, but that feature doesn't seem to save my coworker with the Galaxy S4!
    06-12-16 11:10 AM
    My q10 was a one day device. Comes down to how much time u spend on it. I had a charging bundle to swap out batteries. But my coworker gets 3 days from an iPhone 4 because he only uses it to call his wife if he is working late. Now I'm on a passport and I charge it every night too.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-16 10:58 PM
    No, i dont use any third part apps and never did. Im not complaining about battery life on q10. With such a light use, my q10 lasts exactly as good as yours. But the same usage I had much better battery performance with my lumia 730 and with two sims in it. Iphone 6s battery lasts two days of heavy usage. (hours of gaming, youtube.. etc) . Try to play some games on your q10 for couple of hours, and you will se how "good" your battery is.
    What I wanted to say, that blackberry users are not the same as iphone or android users. We dont play any games for hours, we dont watch youtube videos all day long. Just a bit of browsing, email, messaging apps, etc. Plus we have that tiny screen, which dont need as much juice as big 5" screens.
    Q10 battery life is ok, but not great, such as passport's or iphone 6's.

Posted via my q10
    Hi Byte, I have my Q10 with 18hrs usage. I'm playing Dream language soccer 16 (sideload android app) around 2hrs / day. 3 emails push real time, call / text for sure. Suffering google play store ~30mins for update apps, download something new. In normal day, I unplug at 8AM and still have 25% when I'm at home around 9Pm. I've plan to buy charge bundle with 1 extra battery, I can swap immediately then I have double time, iphone 6s can be like that ?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 09:10 AM
    Hi Byte, I have my Q10 with 18hrs usage. I'm playing Dream language soccer 16 (sideload android app) around 2hrs / day. 3 emails push real time, call / text for sure. Suffering google play store ~30mins for update apps, download something new. In normal day, I unplug at 8AM and still have 25% when I'm at home around 9Pm. I've plan to buy charge bundle with 1 extra battery, I can swap immediately then I have double time, iphone 6s can be like that ?

Posted via CB10
    Or you can buy another 5 batterys and then you can outlast even nokia 3310 lol

Posted via my q10
    07-04-16 04:13 PM
    Or you can buy another 5 batterys and then you can outlast even nokia 3310 lol

Posted via my q10
    Haha, I agree lol. 3301 or 1280
    07-05-16 03:10 AM
    After about 1,5 years using Q10, now I realize the battery is just enough using about 1 - 1,5 days with basic tasks such as making 5 phone calls, receiving 5 calls per day, of course, adding about 15 minutes suffering the internet through 2G network. Maybe its battery is coming weaker, that may be a normal result after quite long time of experiences.

Posted via BlackBerry
    07-05-16 03:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    You are right. On intense use ie when my mobile replaces my PC I get about 4 hours. I'm on emails, Skype, BBM, up and downloading with cloud storage, updating documents, and have Deezer streaming. If it's standard use I get between 9 and 14 hours - a full day. I have lighting down to a minimum, wi-fi and 4G activated, no location services, battery savings mode is always on and advanced interaction is off.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 01:13 PM