Hey all. First of all I am glad to say I am a returning BlackBerry user going from bb, to iphone to iphone 5 and now going back to my roots on the Q10

My texting is now awsome, actually writing this post from it right now, and I definitely see a difference in typing, as I am writing non stop and don't need to even use backspace to correct words.

Main reason why I switched is because of battery life, keyboard and the fact that the main apps that I use are available through sideloading, so there's no disadvantage here, the smaller screen doesn't mind me at all.

I read many reviews on awsome battery life, but is there a reason my Q10's battery just lasts 5-6 hours top? I don't even use the phone intensively, the screen however is often on as I scroll up every few minutes to check my emails.

I turned lte off, wifi off, have only 3-4 apps running in the background and brightness to medium and the battery is far from all the reviews and others say it. Mine is on from 7 am and is at 10% by 2 pm. Is it because I sideloaded like 10 apps but they aren't open? What can I do to fix this as if it can barely last a day I might have to return to my iphone 5.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 11:20 PM
    Even if i tried, i don't think i can make my battery die in 4 hours

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 11:35 PM
    It might be the side loaded apps and here's why I say that.. the eBay app in app world is an android port and it would kill my Z10 (not sure why though) when deleted my battery life returned to normal.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 11:40 PM
    okay i will try trying a day with the ebay app deleted. any other apps that appear to cause the battery drain? I also use GroupMe. think it affects also?

finally any other advices?
    Lian Bao likes this.
    05-03-13 11:44 PM
    You should try the "Discharge recharge" cycle for a few days and see how that helps. Let the battery get down to red then charge 100%. Then do that for another 2 days, it's helped the batt life on my z10 and I'm sure will work with the Q.

Posted via unlocked Z10 on T-Mo in SoCal
    Snazy likes this.
    05-03-13 11:49 PM
    umm I haven't charged my Q10 since may 1st launch? Dark theme and huge battery really helps. I'm always on facebook downloaded a few apps and it's still 1/4 left. When I was using the Z10 on the other hand I was charging every night or 2 times a day depending if I was going out drinking later.

I really don't get your issue, ask or buy a new battery...
    05-03-13 11:53 PM
    OP, get battery guru to see if you have any abnormal battery drain. Some android app or sideloaded app would keep the android runtime running and drain your battery

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 12:07 AM
    My first cycle on the Q10 battery gave me 10 hours which I was happy with, as the phone got abused for its first day.

Here's more.
    http://michaelsnasdell.blogspot.co.u...n-q10.html?m=1

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 04:52 AM
    You should close active frames after you're done with them.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 06:37 AM
    You should close active frames after you're done with them.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, unless it's an app that currently needs to stay open to be of use. Hopefully that will be overcome soon too.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 06:49 AM
    I honestly think it is just the "Android runtime" issue they might need to optimize it more. (I usually try to stick with native apps but not all are.. just trial and error) .

Posted via CB10
    FrancoisChevel likes this.
    05-04-13 07:09 AM
    I honestly think it is just the "Android runtime" issue they might need to optimize it more. (I usually try to stick with native apps but not all are.. just trial and error) .

Posted via CB10
    Buy the way a nice little trick to "Kill" the android runtime : overload the memory. I got lots of sideloaded apps and some just hangs in there. What I do is I just open 20 or 20 empty browser tabs and the Android runtime just get squished out.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 07:12 AM
    Unless you really need the Android apps right now, I'd delete them all, wait a day or two and see how your battery is doing, then add them again one every day or two and see if each individual one is having an effect on your battery.

Presumably one or more of those is effectively on all the time in the background and draining your battery.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 07:13 AM
    Some side loaded apps do kill battery.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 08:38 AM
    I don't think your I phone could last any longer with that much usage. Impossible. U are just experiencing that feeling when you get a new phone. Just can't put it down.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 08:47 AM
    I took my phone off the charger at 8am, downloaded 5 episodes of game of thrones using bit torque, been facebooking and bbming, made 1 phone call for 15 min and I'm at 89%, im going to abuse the phone today to see how fast i can make it drain, but still will take more than 4 hours at this rate!

Posted via CB10
    Snazy likes this.
    05-04-13 09:45 AM
    I took my phone off the charger at 8am, downloaded 5 episodes of game of thrones using bit torque, been facebooking and bbming, made 1 phone call for 15 min and I'm at 89%, im going to abuse the phone today to see how fast i can make it drain, but still will take more than 4 hours at this rate!

Posted via CB10
    Took me ten hours of abuse to make the Q die from its first charge haha.
    Iike your style, same as me, give it hell and see what it can really do.

Loving getting to know mine.

Posted via CB10
    a1s2d3f4g5 likes this.
    05-04-13 09:52 AM
    Ebay app did it for me on my z10. Didn't bother installing on my q

Sent from my Q10......while on the can
    05-04-13 10:10 AM
    U do not need to completely discharge lithium batteries as they do not have a digital memory.

So whether or not u charge right out of the box, or completely discharge and then charge it to full, it won't matter. In fact, completely discharging lithium batteries do more harm to it.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-04-13 11:26 AM
    Being an avid Android OS user I recommend the steps I take to see what kills my battery. I totally master reset the device, start from scratch. I charge to 100% then install one app per day. Yes this is the most tedious act but it works. Apps like battery guru, cpu spy etc are a help also while doing this. Android apps are made to run in the backround for faster load times. Only bad part is they run and run til they can't anymore. So give it a try before your return period is up. I did this for my Galaxy Note 2 and was able to get 19hrs with 11hrs screen time(which is the real stat to look at) from 100% to 5%.
    05-04-13 11:34 AM
    It's okay to have the Ebay app, just make sure you are logged out!

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 11:45 AM
    Download advanced app manager from app world. It's a free android task manager. Allows for easy service, app, and task killing.

That being said I haven't had many issues of late on any of my android apps on my z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 11:50 AM
    Hard to believe on the BlackBerry with the biggest battery lol

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 11:57 AM
    Can you give info on what's written on the battery?
    05-04-13 12:10 PM
    Hard to believe on the BlackBerry with the biggest battery lol

Posted via CB10
    lol I agree with you... it's definitely hard to agree !!! lol
    05-04-13 12:20 PM
28 12