Little history before I start.

Long term iPhone user converted to BB fanatic with the 9900. Loved it immensely for almost 18months but a few issues moved me back to an iPhone 5. I never liked that it was lacking the bigger apps like Skype, Netflix etc and since moving to iPhone again I've come to rely on Viber. IP5 is a good enough device, but I find it clunky compared to the fluid, to the point efficiency, I experienced with my BB and would like to switch back to black. They say you never go back, once you've gone black. I did - and I kinda regret it and miss BB.

My main 'like' with the iPhone is that it integrates with my alpine in car system. I plug it in via USB and my music is there. Turn by turn directions also lower the volume automagically, play directions, then return music to previous volume. I love this integration.

I know it's really not something the majority of you here will know, but if I was to plug a Q10 in via USB, would I get the same functionality. Will the Q10 play music and navigation info through the USB port as the iPhone does?

If it does, bye bye iPhone, hello much missed BB. I can overlook the lack of native apps for now, but the integration with my alpine in car system has become somewhat a requirement for me.

Appreciate any info!
    05-31-13 07:02 AM
    I can't speak to the USB part, because I connect my phone to my car via bluetooth and just play the music off of my phone (I don't have one of those fancy decks that come equipped with USB ports). As for navigation, I can attest that the music volume does go down so that the navigation directions come out of the speakers when my phone is connected to my stereo.

JB
    05-31-13 07:17 AM
    Ah, well mine isn't fancy enough to have Bluetooth I appreciate your help anyway. It's good to know it works gia Bluetooth so I suppose I could always buy the Bluetooth module for my alpine unit, but I like the way the iPhone plays music/navigation voice and charges via USB.

Anyone else any idea??
    05-31-13 10:50 AM