If you want to walk out of a Carphonewarehouse with a Q10 on Friday, April 26th, it will have to be at the Selfridges CPW store. The Q10 will be exclusive to that store for 3 days.
    Last edited by mikeycollins13; 04-23-13 at 02:32 PM. Reason: clearer message
    bobauckland likes this.
    04-22-13 06:42 PM
    If you want to walk in to a Carphonewarehouse and walk out with aQ10, it will have to be at Selfridges at the CPW.
    Source?
    04-22-13 07:21 PM
    Source was CPW Knightsbridge across from Harrods on Sunday. Just walked in and asked them. Its new info, they seemed to get it today, but they were certain. Only store in the UK for 3-4 days. Going over there tomorrow to talk to manager.
    Last edited by mikeycollins13; 04-23-13 at 02:33 PM.
    04-22-13 07:24 PM
    CPW Knightsbridge across from Harrods. Just walked in and asked them. Its new info, they seemed to get it today, but they were certain. Only store in the UK for 3-4 days. Going over there tomorrow to talk to manager.
    Neat. Let us know the outcome. Told my bro to pick it up from there rather than our local Carphone. Hopefully there should be some reps there also. I want those BlackBerry branded headphone :P

Posted via Galactus10
    04-22-13 08:41 PM
    Anythings possible but I'd be very surprised if this was true.
    Limiting a phone launch to not just one shopping chain but one single branch of that shopping chain for a few days?
    Surely that would be one of the daftest things ever.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 01:47 AM
    up until yesterday, handtec had it as 26/4. now it is showing 29/4.
    04-23-13 04:38 AM
    Anythings possible but I'd be very surprised if this was true.
    Limiting a phone launch to not just one shopping chain but one single branch of that shopping chain for a few days?
    Surely that would be one of the daftest things ever.

Posted via CB10
    Selfridges store is the flagship of CPW, moves more cell phones than any other store in the UK. It was the epicenter of z10 launch with 6 booths devoted to the z10 and they blew out 2K phones in 5 days or so. I don't think CPW staff at Harrods store making something as specific as this up.

If you doubt it, just pop in your local cpw.
    04-23-13 04:48 AM
    Selfridges store is the flagship of CPW, moves more cell phones than any other store in the UK. It was the epicenter of z10 launch with 6 booths devoted to the z10 and they blew out 2K phones in 5 days or so. I don't think CPW staff at Harrods store making something as specific as this up.

If you doubt it, just pop in your local cpw.
    That's all well and good but how silly would it be to launch your product in just one store in the country?
    What would be the point? If it's a CPW exclusive fine, but a CPW single branch exclusive? That's unheard of.

In any case, I'll wait till it drops down a few hundred quid in price about a month down the line.
    Like the Z10 has. Can't afford 2 early adopter muggings in a few months.
    04-23-13 04:59 AM
    It's all a give and take negotiation with CPW, clearly CPW asked for it to stick it to Phones4U and must have promised something in return to BBRY. Revenge for White z10 original exclusivity with phones4U?
    04-23-13 07:35 AM
    It's all a give and take negotiation with CPW, clearly CPW asked for it to stick it to Phones4U and must have promised something in return to BBRY. Revenge for White z10 original exclusivity with phones4U?
    That I can understand, and that's fine.
    But even Phones4u weren't stupid enough to have it as an exclusive in one single branch only.
    If CPW do this, someone from CPW and BlackBerry will want their heads examining, to have it as a single branch exclusive is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
    I really hope this isn't true, because I'd be shaking my head for quite a while.
    04-23-13 08:09 AM
    That I can understand, and that's fine.
    But even Phones4u weren't stupid enough to have it as an exclusive in one single branch only.
    If CPW do this, someone from CPW and BlackBerry will want their heads examining, to have it as a single branch exclusive is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
    I really hope this isn't true, because I'd be shaking my head for quite a while.
    Just cause you don't live in Central London...
    sanjk1 likes this.
    04-23-13 02:16 PM
    Just cause you don't live in Central London...
    Lol sorta true.
    But then I was never going to get it at launch anyway.
    Really surprised at how quickly my Z10 has depreciated so I'm gonna stay in the second hand market for a bit.
    04-23-13 04:13 PM
    Hi all, I pre-ordered a white Q10 last sunday from my local carphone and my bro told me about selfridges receiving it on 26th. Ive been on the phone all day today trying to contact the shop I ordered the phone from to ask if I can collect it from selfridges and I could not get through. Im so upset because I would love to get the q10 this friday.
    04-23-13 05:24 PM
    Hi all, I pre-ordered a white Q10 last sunday from my local carphone and my bro told me about selfridges receiving it on 26th. Ive been on the phone all day today trying to contact the shop I ordered the phone from to ask if I can collect it from selfridges and I could not get through. Im so upset because I would love to get the q10 this friday.
    Haha hello brother

Posted via Galactus10
    04-23-13 06:07 PM
    Made an order at my local CPW store few days back. The girl there said i'll be able to come and pick it up only on the 30th of April not even a day before because thats when their allowed to sell it. I'll try going down to them n see if i can get the pick up transferred to the Selfridges branch and further more get some sort of confirmation on the exclusivity.
    04-23-13 06:23 PM
    04-24-13 04:54 AM
    that's barmy - to lose the weekend....... and with the new S4 about to be released blackberry will be lost in the Samsung marketing blitz.
    04-24-13 05:00 AM
    As the date drew closer I was v tempted to pick up the phone on release.
    This has helped, out of principle I will not pick this up at or near release.
    It is the stupidest marketing move I have ever seen ever, to make this a single store exclusive.
    The marketing lead deserves to be fired.
    What a disgrace, after the incredibly long wait, to have this happen.
    04-24-13 03:08 PM
    As the date drew closer I was v tempted to pick up the phone on release.
    This has helped, out of principle I will not pick this up at or near release.
    It is the stupidest marketing move I have ever seen ever, to make this a single store exclusive.
    The marketing lead deserves to be fired.
    What a disgrace, after the incredibly long wait, to have this happen.
    Another guy who doesn't live in London...
    sanjk1 likes this.
    04-24-13 04:36 PM
    Only in black I'm afraid. I may just take a trip to see what goodies I can pick up...whilst showing off my Z10

Posted via Galactus10
    04-24-13 06:28 PM
    so is anyone going to london manchester or birmingham selfridges over the wknd to get their q10? seems all other retailers are not now shipping until 3/5
    04-25-13 03:12 PM