Will games like asphalt 7 and nova 3 work on the q10, since it isn't the z10? Or will they need a modified version for it to run on the q10?
    02-01-13 04:24 PM
    Hard to say at the moment. Devs have not been given the Dev Alpha Cs yet. I believe there will be another round or two of Q10 port-a-thons.
    02-01-13 05:10 PM
    Well, the Q10 has more than enough horsepower to run the best games available. The only problem is the screen resolution. It's 720x720, and so some dev's might decide not to support it.
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    02-01-13 06:07 PM
    I won't use it much for games myself, but I am concerned about how it will handle a couple high end ones I might see and can't live without.

I am one of the few who still plays words with friends so I plan on sideloading it to give it a run.
    02-01-13 06:54 PM
    I feel like most people who purchase the Q10 won't care as much for apps as people who want the screen real estate as the Z10. So at least for me, it doesn't matter.
    02-03-13 06:18 PM
    I feel like most people who purchase the Q10 won't care as much for apps as people who want the screen real estate as the Z10. So at least for me, it doesn't matter.
    I agree,
    That is what my ipod touch is for (:
    02-03-13 09:48 PM
    The majority of apps will probably need their UIs adjusted for the Q10. They won't just be automatically compatible. Some devs may have taken this into account during design (I did with a couple of apps) but the apps will still need to be tested and submitted for the Q10.

Games pose a bigger problem for developers since the screen aspect ratio is awkward to work with. A game UI in most cases will have to be totally redesigned for the Q10 screen. I wouldn't count on a lot of game being available for the Q10 at first.
    Cappyshirt likes this.
    02-03-13 10:50 PM
    Isn't the Qwerty SDK supposed to be announced soon? That should give us some insight on how apps/games translate on the Q10
    02-03-13 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD