Hey guys, first, I'm not completely sure if the Q10 is using a regular AMOLED screen or a Super AMOLED screen, wonder what the official word is. But my question is this. Every phone I've used with a Super AMOLED screen, such as my friends' Samsung Galaxy S3, there's this really annoying bluish or greenish tint... Of course they don't "notice" or want to notice, but I'm actually really picky about things like color reproduction of screens and what-not. One reason why when I was shopping for a new monitor I went with a LCD screen because current LED screens, which offering better contrast ratios, actually are slightly worse in accurate color reproduction. I do a lot of photoshop, so that would really mess me up...

Anyway, have anyone else who is keen on things like this, seen the Q10 and can tell me if the screen suffers from this or if they have fixed the problem by now?? Thanks. :-)
    nycspaces. likes this.
    04-03-13 05:45 PM
    The Q10 screen is a Super AMOLED as it states in these specs in the link. I'm not sure I have ever noticed the greenish or bluish blur you talk about on other phones. I'll have to try and check that out next time.

Official BlackBerry Q10 Specs and Features are here | CrackBerry.com
    04-03-13 06:59 PM
    My Dev Alpha C has a blue-ish tint to it. When viewing the screen straight on it is not noticeable, only when viewing from an angle.
    04-03-13 07:09 PM
    My Dev Alpha C has a blue-ish tint to it. When viewing the screen straight on it is not noticeable, only when viewing from an angle.
    Ah, ok, thanks for that info. I guess if it's only noticeable from an angle it's not a big deal. :-) I can't wait to see one of these in person. Definitely want one...
    04-03-13 07:33 PM
    The Q10 screen is a Super AMOLED as it states in these specs in the link. I'm not sure I have ever noticed the greenish or bluish blur you talk about on other phones. I'll have to try and check that out next time.

Official BlackBerry Q10 Specs and Features are here | CrackBerry.com
    Oh, thanks man. I do kind of wish to see it from Blackberry themselves though. I have seen many tech websites confuse similarly named technologies before... Funny then, they are supplied by Samsung, lol.
    04-03-13 07:34 PM
    Is there a 'Nature color mode' on Dev Alpha C like what Galaxy S3?
    04-04-13 02:26 AM
    It'll have a blue/green tint, though it'll likely only be noticeable in certain lighting conditions or when held next to an LCD.
    04-04-13 02:43 AM
    Just got mine last friday~yeah, it has all the bad part of amoled screens

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 01:59 AM