Hi guys!
    I had read many threads about Q10's issues (touch screen, double typing...) before I decide to get one. IIRC, there somebody here wants to know would BlackBerry fixed Q10's problems? I decided get a brand new Q10 which produced in 2014. The first thing I noticed that the new version 2014 has smaller box than the former when released in 2013. After testing all issues that you guys claimed in forum, I recognized that they all gone. There no more double typing issue, the keyboard is very good when typing with comfortable feeling. I also could press "End call" on touch screen with no delays, and the menu three-dots symbol is also works well, nothing at all!

I think this article would help you guys and I hope to receive your response about your device. We should make some comparisons here!

Regards,
    dream
    evodevo69 likes this.
    07-21-14 11:48 PM
    Now that you've mentioned it. My double typing seems to have disappeared. 2013 set here btw.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 12:49 AM
    Yes,i recently bought my q10 and no issues for me,...love my White one.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 01:27 AM
    Glad to hear that! We all got the best. Thanks to BB

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 04:17 AM
    Not everybody had those double typing or other issues as my phone has none of those.
    07-22-14 05:08 AM
    Good to hear that!

Do you know if this is due to the OS-updates or hardware-related?
    07-22-14 07:31 AM
    I don't know. When getting the Q10, I had tested all issues and that seems it works well. After that, I updated the OS through OTA and found that it also doesn't have any problem. I using OS 10.2.1.2977

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 08:17 AM
    Had mine for almost a year and haven't had any of the issues mentioned in original post. One of the lucky ones I guess!
    07-22-14 08:31 AM
    It's almost an year with my q10 ,
    Does the silver lining or frets will become black color on long term .mine started to appear at the edge of third silver lining
    Did any one had any issue?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 08:34 AM
    I play this thread because I see the thread with "double typing issue" is still so "hot" . I just want to share some information.

Besides, I noticed that BlackBerry introduces Q10's keyboard with metal separated frets. Before bskkarthik talking, I thought these frets are original silver and they wouldn't turn to black even or scratches free. How bad to hear that we could face the same problems like former devices.
    07-22-14 09:18 AM
    I play this thread because I see the thread with "double typing issue" is still so "hot" . I just want to share some information.

Besides, I noticed that BlackBerry introduces Q10's keyboard with metal separated frets. Before bskkarthik talking, I thought these frets are original silver and they wouldn't turn to black even or scratches free. How bad to hear that we could face the same problems like former devices.
    It seems it is at starting stage as I could see a very minor black spot at the edge but not like my previous bold 9900 model.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 09:42 AM
    Hi guys!
    I had read many threads about Q10's issues (touch screen, double typing...) before I decide to get one. IIRC, there somebody here wants to know would BlackBerry fixed Q10's problems? I decided get a brand new Q10 which produced in 2014.
    How did you ensure that your Q10 would be from a newly manufactured batch? I've been trying to find out of there's a certain way to do this. Can you request a new one from your service carrier upon purchase ???

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    07-22-14 11:44 AM
    Buying one made this year or late last year should be fine.

Differentiate or Die
    riss89 likes this.
    07-22-14 11:47 AM
    How about PrintToGo? Is that fixed too?
    07-22-14 11:49 AM
    Hi bsk!
    I have asked somebody in BlackBerry forum in my region about your problem and they said their devices didn't have any issues as yours. They all have used Q10 since Blackberry released it in 2013.

Regarding new Q10, I could get into conclusion my Q10 is the 2014 version because I have some comparisons between the old box and my Q10's box. The new box is smaller than the former as I mentioned. That seems Q10's body fit in the box. In my country, the carrier which supplies BB devices has a stamp on the box, and it provide producing time of device. So, I see that my Q10 manufactured in 2014. I will take a photo of my box and show you for comparing.

Regards,
    Dream

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 09:05 PM
    Hi Dimitry!
    Could you tell me something about issues that you face when using PrintToGo? I didn't use that software and I just test some common issues discussing in our forum. Thanks for sharing!

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 09:08 PM
    I have Q10 for more than a year now. Double typing started on my 3rd month. Went back to Philippines last week and send my phone to BB. They update my OS and voila! Double typing is still there. I have to live with this for another 3 months to get back there and maybe they can just replace my keyboard.
    07-22-14 09:19 PM
    Yep, in my region, somebody who has double typing issue just disassemble the keyboard and clean dust. In warranty service center, employees also do that. No need to replace a new one.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 09:27 PM
    Hi Dimitry!
    Could you tell me something about issues that you face when using PrintToGo? I didn't use that software and I just test some common issues discussing in our forum. Thanks for sharing!

Posted via CB10
    Thanl you for your interest! You can do a very quick search by +PrintToGo +Wiindows 8.1. I seem to have a common problem: PrintToGo used to work until Windows 8.1 update, and then stopped. When I attempt to use it I just receive an error message implying that my BlackBerry is not connected to network. In fact, it is.
    07-22-14 10:04 PM
    Double typing occurs later in time. It doesn't appear when your device is brand new. It becomes apparent with age and normal wear and tear. You might not have noticed it yet because your device is relatively new.

My device was manufactured early 2013 but I am on my second keyboard which I replaced in either March or April of 2014. Both developed the double typing issue.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    07-22-14 10:11 PM
    Thanl you for your interest! You can do a very quick search by +PrintToGo +Wiindows 8.1. I seem to have a common problem: PrintToGo used to work until Windows 8.1 update, and then stopped. When I attempt to use it I just receive an error message implying that my BlackBerry is not connected to network. In fact, it is.
    That seems some conflicts occur between two softwares. Sorry to say that I have no idea about this problem.
    Double typing occurs later in time. It doesn't appear when your device is brand new. It becomes apparent with age and normal wear and tear. You might not have noticed it yet because your device is relatively new.

My device was manufactured early 2013 but I am on my second keyboard which I replaced in either March or April of 2014. Both developed the double typing issue.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    Thanks for sharing, CarGuy! As you said, something would be worn or broken for age. Luckily, someone used their devices almost for a year but not facing any problem. I hope so for myself because warranty services in my country are very bad . I don't want to go to the service center any more.
    07-22-14 10:56 PM
    How did you ensure that your Q10 would be from a newly manufactured batch? I've been trying to find out of there's a certain way to do this. Can you request a new one from your service carrier upon purchase ???

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    I forgot to take picture year of product. Anyway, those pics still show some differences from the old box. This box was made after R.I.M changes to BlackBerry. So you can see there is no Research In Motion text in the box.
    Attached Thumbnails Q10 - All issues seems to be fixed!-img_20140723_124015.jpg   Q10 - All issues seems to be fixed!-img_20140723_124042.jpg   Q10 - All issues seems to be fixed!-cheiemi.jpg  
    07-23-14 01:29 AM
    "Q10 - All issues seems to be fixed?"
    07-23-14 01:49 AM
    Lol, I checked the production date for my Q10 and it's May 2013 even though I bought the phone in 2014 March.

So far there is no double typing.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    Last edited by skstrials; 07-23-14 at 08:39 AM.
    07-23-14 01:59 AM
    Bought mine a month ago. Forgot when it was produced but so far have not had any manufacturer related issues.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 07:10 AM
32 12