Hi all,

So I was one of those really keen guys who just bought the q10 and paid a ridiculous amount of money which I can not return as in have opened it etc.

Whilst I am ok with the gestures and what not I realise that is is so much more inefficient relative to the 9900 and the folks who keep defending this piece of crap are just trying to keep themselves happy lol.

Hardware is perfectly fine, only problem as other people have mentioned the "back" gesture as in swipe up gets in the way of scrolling etc.

I have a couple of questions that others tent people may be able to help me with.

Universal search: does anyone know how to remove Facebook contacts from coming up. I type in a name and my phone book comes up as well as my friends Facebook page which is somehow stored in my phone book so there is double counting. Find this so annoying as I unlinked them from the phone book. Like the app just not how it tried to integrate with my phone..

I have only had it a few hours but I can honestly say that if you genuinely have work to do them stick to the 9900 if you want a slower and less intuitive device then get the q10 because it's going to take ages for developers to fix issues and apps to be good...
    Whatsapp: messages do not come straight through and notifications are not consistent ... It's such an essential app these days blackberry should just pay then to fix it quicker etc..
    05-11-13 12:49 AM
    I'm using a 9900 for work and Q10 for personal and I'm already finding the 9900 annoying and i find myself swiping on the 9900. I'm sorry I'm not going to attempt to answer ur questions since a little research and ull find ur answers. 1 piece of advice, give it more than a few hours

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 12:56 AM
    what i dont understand is did you try it out before you bought it? If its such a waste of money sell it second hand, go back to your 9900, im sure you could net 85% of your money back if you move quickly. If your on here looking for help with the hope of working through your issues maybe you should have put more thought in to your thread title.
    05-11-13 01:00 AM
    The truth is, it is a bit of a. Waste on money so the thread title is appropriate and I did do a search on the forum thread and n answe to the questions which is why I made one lol
    05-11-13 01:04 AM
    Think I'm being trolled. U got me

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 01:06 AM
    To remove Facebook contacts from 'Contacts':
    1. Open Contacts app
    2. Swipe down from top and choose 'Settings'
    3. Turn off 'Facebook'.

To modify Universal Search settings:
    1. Open Settings app
    2. Go to 'Search' settings

For Whatsapp notifications not coming through:
    While I have not experienced this issue, I can recommend trying a different Whatsapp app if you have any issues.
    Currently there are three:
    1. On Blackberry World
    2. Repackaged Whatsapp for Android
    3. OpenWhatsapp
    05-11-13 01:11 AM
    Why would you say that? After reading so many threads it's just that people get so defensive with the q10 not many people tell it how it is. Not many who it's shelled out 700usd or 550gbp on a phone will call the item rubbish. You found that yourself too which is why you use the 9900 again right?
    05-11-13 01:13 AM
    To remove Facebook contacts from 'Contacts':
    1. Open Contacts app
    2. Swipe down from top and choose 'Settings'
    3. Turn off 'Facebook'.

To modify Universal Search settings:
    1. Open Settings app
    2. Go to 'Search' settings

For Whatsapp notifications not coming through:
    While I have not experienced this issue, I can recommend trying a different Whatsapp app if you have any issues.
    Currently there are three:
    1. On Blackberry World
    2. Repackaged Whatsapp for Android
    3. OpenWhatsapp
    I appreciate your help, contrary to mikes belief I have actually spent many hours trying to resolve the above. I am going to have to find a way to delete 400 contacts which automatically installed onto my phone. I think the reason why there is a double counting of contacts is because for some reason the bbery pulled all of my Facebook contacts...
    05-11-13 01:21 AM
    Vincent, if you'd like your piece of crap to have not quite so many duplicate contacts, there is an app in BlackBerry World called "Contact X" that is easy to use and will find and merge duplicate entries.
    05-11-13 01:28 AM
    I have been Using a iPhone from 2007 along with a Blackberry from 2008 and I feel that the iPhone is light years ahead... I still have my blackberry and a Q10 but keep reaching for my iPhone for mostly everything. Mails are much better..... I am very good at typing on glass so that has never bothered me.... But for the price I too feel another iPhone would be a better choice for my second phone... Q10 - back it goes :P
    anon(73368) and joeye333 like this.
    05-11-13 01:44 AM
    I appreciate your help, contrary to mikes belief I have actually spent many hours trying to resolve the above. I am going to have to find a way to delete 400 contacts which automatically installed onto my phone. I think the reason why there is a double counting of contacts is because for some reason the bbery pulled all of my Facebook contacts...
    You FB contacts were either included in a backup, if that's how you moved your stuff over, in which case they were always there.

Or when you installed/logged into FB for the first time you didn't uncheck the option to integrate your FB friends with your contacts app

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    05-11-13 01:53 AM
    You FB contacts were either included in a backup, if that's how you moved your stuff over, in which case they were always there.

Or when you installed/logged into FB for the first time you didn't uncheck the option to integrate your FB friends with your contacts app

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    Thanks for the reply, but. Didn't import anything over and I was sure not to check any boxes. I just spend about half an hour deleting my contact on fb ... What a joke without the trackpad...

Mutsu I would do the same if I got 100pc of my money back.

Also all this hype about e hub, it's nothing new but just unified inbox in 9900 lol
    05-11-13 02:02 AM
    Delete the Facebook app and it will delete all the contacts from your phone.

Reinstall Facebook from BlackBerry World and during setup tell it not to integrate with your adresbook

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 02:04 AM
    When iPhone was first released, you couldn't send mms messages or copy and paste. I bought one and lived with the problems. It also barely had any apps. When android was released I bought a G1 because it was different and allowed me to customize my phone how I wanted. Both these platforms have matured greatly. It kills me how the new BlackBerry products are compared to fully mature platforms and ecosystems. There is no such thing as a waste of money if it is something you wanted. If you decide it's not for you move on. If you don't even try to figure it out that's a personal problem. Facebook integrates with almost every device in this way. It does on my Galaxy Note 2 and my DROID RAZR. I appreciate BlackBerry for giving me a different experience. Since I got my z10, I only use my Note 2 to sync my up band and the watch ESPN app. All these platforms have a place and will probably all thrive. It's up to you to decide which one is for you. BlackBerry does a lot of things well. They are also at the mercy of anyone with an opinion. Be a fan of whatever you want, you don't have to bash something new and different in the process.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 02:28 AM
    I thinks it makes me "LoL" to even bother with threads like this. I mean really?? After all the pre release info out there, all the step by step walkthroughs prior to the final release of BB10, the in depth reviews. And then you act like it's such a shock, as if buying a car you didn't test drive. I'm sorry but you lack brains to even rant about your disappointment in wasting money. Seriously, if you are going to spend this amount of money and not "know" for the most part what it does as an avid BlackBerry 9900 guy you claim, give it a rest. You're def good to laugh at, nevermind LoL.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 02:38 AM
    When iPhone was first released, you couldn't send mms messages or copy and paste. I bought one and lived with the problems. It also barely had any apps. When android was released I bought a G1 because it was different and allowed me to customize my phone how I wanted. Both these platforms have matured greatly. It kills me how the new BlackBerry products are compared to fully mature platforms and ecosystems. There is no such thing as a waste of money if it is something you wanted. If you decide it's not for you move on. If you don't even try to figure it out that's a personal problem. Facebook integrates with almost every device in this way. It does on my Galaxy Note 2 and my DROID RAZR. I appreciate BlackBerry for giving me a different experience. Since I got my z10, I only use my Note 2 to sync my up band and the watch ESPN app. All these platforms have a place and will probably all thrive. It's up to you to decide which one is for you. BlackBerry does a lot of things well. They are also at the mercy of anyone with an opinion. Be a fan of whatever you want, you don't have to bash something new and different in the process.

Posted via CB10
    Well said, well as a normal grown up working adult here in India, apps are not really used so much cuz the whole day you're so busy in your work then family then friends that a few apps here and there are OK viz. whatsapp, water, PVR, Book My Show etc etc. which you really need. Putting me in this case I dont play any games on my BB, using the BB since 2008 now i think it perfect, basically BB is a business & a no nonsense phone, so if BB serves your purpose then fine otherwise switch to IOS or Droid or WinMo.
    05-11-13 02:50 AM
    I think it depends what you use it for. If you are not very heavy on managing email accounts but using it to browse, it's a decent phone.

In my opinion, I don't think all the reviews on the demos have been very clear on many important features on the Q10 (the functionality of the keyboard shortcut, and one touch dialling, etc). It seems everyone worries so much about the future of BlackBerry nothing negative is allowed. A little biased, not pointing out the many bugs to be ironed out.

Waste of money? Depends on your expectation, I feel that we have been misled by most of the video reviews before the launch. We can't possibly be the only ones finding out that the hangup key needs 3 to 4 taps before it registers, more than half the time.
    05-11-13 03:07 AM
    Educate yourself before buying things, so you know what to expect. Don't like it, get rid of it. It's that simple.

Posted via my Awesome Zed10
    Last edited by rizaru_rin; 05-11-13 at 03:29 AM.
    05-11-13 03:14 AM
    if you genuinely have work to do, stick to the 9900. If you want a slower and less intuitive device then get the q10 because it's going to take ages for developers to fix issues and apps to be good...
    Whatsapp: messages do not come straight through and notifications are not consistent ... It's such an essential app these days blackberry should just pay then to fix it quicker etc..
    Agree. At this moment I find 9900 is more efficient, mostly because the mature OS7
    ViaCassian likes this.
    05-11-13 03:19 AM
    You don't own a Q10 I guess because he is right.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 03:30 AM
    I already told you how to remove FB contacts. It's just an On/Off in contact settings.
    John Pawling and alexbe09 like this.
    05-11-13 03:30 AM
    You guys all mention that the android and iphone os is mature, blackberry actually had so many features that made it "mature" for example why would they get rid of speed dials? Even the Kevin requested that blackberry add that back in.

Also I note that there is a particular reason as to why people choose a blackberry, it's because they expect it to be similar to the previous one with at least it's basic features. You guys say that bbery started from scratch with bb10, I say they should have evolved the bb7.

BlackBerry are in a totally different type of product to android and iphone, people buy blackberry because they want an efficient device not because they want to spend all day swiping screens!
    05-11-13 03:35 AM
    I already told you how to remove FB contacts. It's just an On/Off in contact settings.
    Yes and thanks. My point was that facebook had created its own phonebook that came up in my universal search when looking for a contact. So I had to delete them!

My advice to blackberry would be to bring back BB7, make it bigger so it has a taller screen and a trackpad, make it wider slightly. There is obviously a huge market for the larger phones. I have the samsung note 2 which I will actually keep now. And if the had the bbery keyboard attached to the bottom I would keep it.
    05-11-13 03:36 AM
    I eagerly awaited the new BB 10's. even tried the Z10 and decided on the Q10 . Desperately awaiting some E tailer / service provider in Oz to update their website as stock available. I have been a BB user for 8 years so far.. was adamant of switching over to ios or A-driod.

I ran and got a 9860 to upgrade from 9780. after a few months went back to the 9780 which was a better device , except the basic browsing and reading i do..I am now skeptical of getting the BB Q10 or the Z10 with all that amazing browser experience. Sorry to say this ! I don't want the same story to repeat.

Seems like I will eventually try the q10 in store and pick up a HTC one. I Cant afford devices after devices ! so buy , it works for me , if not sell it might be difficult.

I Love BB's for their keyboards and functionality.except for their browser on the pre Q 10's
    Last edited by vhr199; 05-11-13 at 04:55 AM.
    05-11-13 04:11 AM
    The only decent thing about blackberry is the keyboard, samsung are miles ahead. The galaxy series is absolutely amazing from a UI perspective
    05-11-13 04:17 AM
244 123 ...