I didn't see anyone else post this, the price in Canada is said to be $199 on contract.

http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-q...medium=twitter

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    04-23-13 07:50 PM
    Which carriers have confirmed the Q10 so far? Sorry, US carriers.
    04-23-13 07:53 PM
    I don't think I agree with the price, I'm waiting for this phone because I love the Bolds. I have Sprint and I don't know if I can justify spending this much on a phone, wish they would at least try to compete price wise, not every Bold user is a high end busines exec. , just a loley construction worker with a mortgage and 4 kids, don't really want to wait for a lower end device...this is a little frustrating. But, I will prob splurge and pay it, I can't ever see me using another brand again. Just wish the loyal buyers didn't have to take it in the shorts this way, just an opinion...
    Which competitors with a physical keyboard phones are they competing with? If there were any then maybe they would compete in price but until then the carriers will sell phones whatever price they want and BlackBerry will still sell it to the carriers for whatever price they agreed which still allows them to make profit. No need to complain about the price. As other posters have mentioned and like with every phone ever made not by Apple, the price will drop a month or two after the early adaptors get their fill. A family of your size and concerns, it doesn't sound you're a good candidate as an early adaptor and you should just be responsible and wait for the price like all the other budget conscious people. Nothing wrong with that so just be calm and carry on.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 07:53 PM
    Fair enough, is the KB market large enough to justify this price point? I just don't see how this will benefit BlackBerry.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes, it is and it benefits BlackBerry by being the only smartphone provider out there still pushing a proper keyboard. You can strip everything away from BlackBerry and the one thing that will remain is that keyboard. People know it. People love it. People want it. They just didn't want all the baggage BlackBerry OS brought.

The only reason it fell to the side is because of all the other things BlackBerry was behind on. Now that they got things working better and are continually improving, people will (at the very least) look toward that keyboard once again.

They may not keep the device in the longrun but by the time they reach that choice it's already money in the bank to BlackBerry. They did their part, which was to sell the device, whether the person who buys it continues to use it or not.
    travaz, rotorwrench and bigbmc26 like this.
    04-23-13 07:54 PM
    Which competitors with a physical keyboard phones are they competing with? If there were any then maybe they would compete in price but until then the carriers will sell phones whatever price they want and BlackBerry will still sell it to the carriers for whatever price they agreed which still allows them to make profit. No need to complain about the price. As other posters have mentioned and like with every phone ever made not by Apple, the price will drop a month or two after the early adaptors get their fill. A family of your size and concerns, it doesn't sound you're a good candidate as an early adaptor and you should just be responsible and wait for the price like all the other budget conscious people. Nothing wrong with that so just be calm and carry on.

Posted via CB10
    Hey I'm calm, just wish it was a little cheaper. I will still get it because I know I will like it, I just can't see many people from other platforms or new smartphone users moving over for the price. But I know the cheaper ones will be out in time. I'm rooting for Blackberry, I hope they kick a** I'm sure price will go down in time, just a little higher than I was expecting, not the end of the world.
    04-23-13 07:59 PM
    Its all about the keyboard. They know the die hards will pay it. I have no problem with it.
    04-23-13 08:04 PM
    What in the hell is blackberry thinking? This is the same **** they have done over the past several years that got them in the position they are now in.
    1. The carriers choose what to sell it at. Look at the varying prices of the Z10 between Canadian and US carriers. Watch history (even with the Z10) and you'll likely see the same thing. The carriers price it high to get early adopters then drop the price on contract.

They are proving they have learned absolutely nothing from their past mistakes.
    Really? Absolutely, positively, utterly nothing?! Such drama!
    04-23-13 08:07 PM
    Yes, it is and it benefits BlackBerry by being the only smartphone provider out there still pushing a proper keyboard. You can strip everything away from BlackBerry and the one thing that will remain is that keyboard. People know it. People love it. People want it. They just didn't want all the baggage BlackBerry OS brought.

The only reason it fell to the side is because of all the other things BlackBerry was behind on. Now that they got things working better and are continually improving, people will (at the very least) look toward that keyboard once again.

They may not keep the device in the longrun but by the time they reach that choice it's already money in the bank to BlackBerry. They did their part, which was to sell the device, whether the person who buys it continues to use it or not.
    I hear you, it just doesn't make any business sense (imo) to launch a device for 250.00 that has a smaller screen, along with inferior entertainment & business apps.
    lang007 likes this.
    04-23-13 08:08 PM
    I hear you, it just doesn't make any business sense (imo) to launch a device for 250.00 that has a smaller screen, along with inferior entertainment & business apps.
    It actually does. If you subscribe to Porter's Generic Strategy, to sell your widget at a premium price, a differentiation strategy is required. Q10 is just that.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 08:24 PM
    Anyone know what the full off-contract, unlocked price is? It could be even more than the Z10. I'm wondering why BB thinks this is a good idea when the Q10 has a tiny screen and is a lot more expensive than the iPhone 5 or Galaxy S4.
    04-23-13 08:28 PM
    What is Blackberry thinking?

I would leave the thinking to them. If they have done this is in the past and they are doing it again now, there must be something good they are getting from it. From the point of view of a plain consumer, if I like the phone and I can afford the price, I will just get the phone, whatever Blackberry is thinking.

If consumers cannot afford the price at this time, maybe, they should wait until the clamor for the phone dies and the price goes down before getting it.

If you are a share holder and you would like to ask whatever Blackberry is thinking, there is a forum for that, I believe, and that is the shareholders meeting.
    John Pawling and Thunderbuck like this.
    04-23-13 08:32 PM
    I am impressed that you have had the time to fully review the available apps for the unreleased q10 already to declare it has inferior business apps.

Also, while the screen is smaller, some of the other materials are more expensive and the device is probably harder to make and thus volumes will be limited at first so the initial price is going to be higher until the initial rush is dealt with.
    04-23-13 08:33 PM
    Seriously? You guys are complaining that you have to pay $249 for a Q10? What the hell is the problem? The OS is the same as the Z10, however it has a physical keyboard instead of a full screen. I absolutely and completely believe that the Q10 is perfectly priced. I have the Z10, so I'm not going to buy the Q10, but if I was, I would have no problem paying this. You guys make it seem like they are selling it for $1,000 or something! If you don't like the price, go buy yourself a cheap phone. But don't complain when you see how 'cheap' it is compared to a BB. You get what you pay for, and to be honest, I think $249 is a great price for a great phone. If you're going to complain, go b!tch somewhere else.
    04-23-13 08:36 PM
    Take a look at the comments section... BB is getting hammered for this brain dead move (as they should)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    What does it matter to you anyway? All you do is come into these forums throwing one liners, and negative comments anyway.
    You use another platform so why don't you go to the Android forums or do you have nothing better to do with your life. We get it - you don't like Blackberry so move on
    John Pawling and Admorris like this.
    04-23-13 08:39 PM
    I think we've all established that for BB to be considered successful, they really need to tap in to Android and apple users. Who on earth is going to consider a BB that is more expensive than arguably the best phones ever created to date (s4, HTC One). People on this site may be fine with paying that kind of price, but I'm thinking android and apple customers won't even pick it up.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Your definition of the best phones - Those phones would be just complete garbage to me as I will never buy an Android phone again! You are wrong again - I have iPhones, S3, etc. but I WILL be picking up a Q10 as well to go along with my current daily driver (Z10) Basically, my S3 and my iphone are just sitting there doing nothing now.
    04-23-13 08:42 PM
    I think it's a great price for the quality of this device. If people really want it, pricing isn't the issue. The Q10 will sell like hotcakes.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 08:43 PM
    I dunno, but QWERTY is no contest here. Even if Nokia does release this so called rumored QWERTY of theirs, I'm pretty sure it can't go toe to toe with a Q10. The Q10 is also built better too so it's really worth it.

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling and travaz like this.
    04-23-13 08:44 PM
    Hey I'm calm, just wish it was a little cheaper. I will still get it because I know I will like it, I just can't see many people from other platforms or new smartphone users moving over for the price. But I know the cheaper ones will be out in time. I'm rooting for Blackberry, I hope they kick a** I'm sure price will go down in time, just a little higher than I was expecting, not the end of the world.
    Actually I think people will be surprise how many people hate touchscreen out there! A great OS combine with a keyboard might attract a lot more users from other plateforms than the Z10 cause the physical keyboard is a huge differentiator with competition! I'm really looking forward to see how all this turns out for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    travaz likes this.
    04-23-13 08:45 PM
    I am impressed that you have had the time to fully review the available apps for the unreleased q10 already to declare it has inferior business apps.

Also, while the screen is smaller, some of the other materials are more expensive and the device is probably harder to make and thus volumes will be limited at first so the initial price is going to be higher until the initial rush is dealt with.
    I have an idea of what's available considering I have the z10. As far as your second paragraph duh, I'm talking from a consumer's pov. They don't care if the Q10 has more parts or that it's harder to make. I'm sure the Q10 is going to be a great device, but when you compare the software (3rd party support), along with the reduction in screen real estate the Q10 ends up looking less desirable.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    04-23-13 08:48 PM
    [QUOTE=Admorris;8366971]What in the hell is blackberry thinking? This is the same **** they have done over the past several years that got them in the position they are now in. They are proving they have learned absolutely nothing from their past mistakes.

BlackBerry Expects to Sell Q10 for $50 More Than IPhone - Bloomberg

First of all the Article is wrong. The Z10 does not sell for 199. It sells for 599 unless you get a 2 year contract. Secondly this phone will have an out of the gate pent up demand. It will sell better than the Z10 initially. The price will come down in a few weeks. BlackBerry doesn't exist in a vacuum. They have great amounts of data to see what this phone is going to sell, as do the carriers. I just wish folks would stop and think before they post.
    04-23-13 08:51 PM
    Screw the "Loyal Customers" What has that gotten BB. Now we have 2 phones to show a prospective buyer. Including android and Apple users. JEEZ you guys are frustrating
    bahandi likes this.
    04-23-13 08:57 PM
    A bad move?? Are you a fool? This is price is based on mass of people coming back to the physical keyboard. This isn't a phone primarily targeting a new market, it's taking back what they lost. The Z10 however is and has taken people from android, iphone, windows, etc...

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling and travaz like this.
    04-23-13 08:59 PM
    At the end of the day if you want a keyboard smartphone you'll get one. The price won't be the deciding factor (especially 50 bucks). If you're hesitant, you don't value a keyboard smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 09:01 PM
    I passed up the Z10 waiting on the Q. The price is a bit high considering what is already out there. May now have to give the S4, and the new Nokia being announced tomorrow a more serious look.
    04-23-13 09:03 PM
    [QUOTE=Dgree03;8367243]There is so much fail in that pricing.. I wonder what the off contract price will be?

BBRY has officially lost their damn minds!

The price from BlackBerry to the carriers is the same no matter what price the carriers sell it for! Please get this fact through our collective heads!
    04-23-13 09:05 PM
241 1234 ...