Hello, just bought a Q-10 well had to start fresh after using it a day and I love the word prediction in sms/mms text messaging but not at the bottom of where the white bar I am texting my text in is, I want it at the top. If before I started the phone over I did not see it set at the top I would not even know this was an option, I have looked everywhere and it will not go to the top, it stays over the touchscreen send button so for now it is off until I figure out how to get word prediction on my Q-10 back to the top of where I am writing my text messages, hope that makes sense. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Notes: I have the same OS, 10.2.1.3014 (waiting for newest update the regular way via BB Link) it was at the top before I did a factory reset and do not think it was an app at all. Maybe another setting kind of similar must be off for it to jump to the top again? I am so flustered on this one! I am 100% sure it was AT THE TOP with predicting words, not at the bottom where it is now. How to get it back to the top?

Kind Regards,
    Steve

BTW: New member here, thanks for having me, glad to be here, BB4EVER!

Disclaimer: I do not really have a million dollars but I say this as I had a few people who are great with mobiles look for a good while and even they can not figure it out but yet also saw my phone displaying it at the top before the wipe and restart.
    Last edited by CatchTwentyTwo; 03-31-15 at 07:34 AM.
    03-31-15 06:34 AM
    I don't think it has ever been at the top... it would be awkward to reach to the top to pick the predicted word...

Hope I'm understanding your situation correctly
    03-31-15 06:45 AM
    Can you post a screen shot?
    03-31-15 06:45 AM
    I'm on a 10.3.1 leak and the predictions bar just pushes the other stuff up. The send button is right there. Also, you can hit the enter key to send a text.
    Attached Thumbnails How do I swap the location of the Word Prediction on my Q10?-img_20150331_080501.jpg  
    03-31-15 07:06 AM
    KJJB, Thanks for the reply and screenshot - Yes, this is exactly what I mean except mine was showing at the top of the bar that you text inside of, to the other poster, I find it awkward this way, guess we all have our preferences. I would rather it not cover the send button (I would rather leave it off then not have it at the top again) and just be at the top "as it was before the fresh install/reset" but NOBODY knows how to do this but mine indeed was AT THE TOP, once upon a time a few days ago, I assure you. I bought if off craigslist and do not think it had any app's.

-Steve

PS: Mine looks like yours but I would like the word predictions back at the top of the bar you type in not covering up the send button. Right above the bar rather then below to keep it simple is what I want and where it was. Hope this makes sense and thanks for trying.

PS: If I can not figure this out the ENTER button is a good way for me personally to keep it on but what if I want to go back real quick, short cut to go back to the text messages rather then just the one text message ya in? As in the arrow at the bottom left far corner? Shortcut, key?
    03-31-15 07:38 AM
    I'm on a 10.3.1 leak and the predictions bar just pushes the other stuff up. The send button is right there. Also, you can hit the enter key to send a text.
    I wish I had a screen-shot of it before to prove it but I did not know it would pose an issue later on with setting it that way or having to set it at all hence I never took a screen-shot. In any case, glad to be here.

-Steve
    Last edited by CatchTwentyTwo; 03-31-15 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Fix Typo
    03-31-15 09:10 AM
    I wish I had a screen-shot of it before to prove it but I did not know it would pose an issue later on with setting it that way or having to set it at all hence I never took a screen-shot. In any case, glad to be here.

-Steve
    Post screen of how it looks now. You can also use Enter key to send. Just turn it on in hub - settings - text message settings.
    03-31-15 09:15 AM
    Post screen of how it looks now. You can also use Enter key to send. Just turn it on in hub - settings - text message settings.
    How do I perform a screen-shot? I am new to the Q-10 did not even get that far yet, on desktop now.
    Thanks for the enter suggestion as using it, anyway to have a short key to go "back" when inside a text message to see 'all the text messages" versus having to swipe the word prediction away to get to the send and or far left back-arrow button?
    03-31-15 11:44 PM