Hello everyone. Today I notice a problem with Gmail contacts. Does anyone has the same issue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04-01-14 11:15 PM
    I am having a lot of trouble with all my contacts since updating my blackberry 10 with the latest software. It keeps dropping all of my yahoo and gmail contacts intermittently and I have to constantly keeping re-activating my account, despite the fact that I am still connected to the servers. In the past if my connection dropped, I would just log back in--but at least I got a message.

I tried wiping the device to its factory settings and then restoring the data from my latest backup and the problem keeps happening. And, much to my chagrin, I cannot seem to go back to the previous software, where things worked fine.

I am very frustrated because about 75% of the time (since installing the latest update), my contacts aren't in the phone.

Advice, anyone?
    GurudevBBZ10 likes this.
    04-01-14 11:29 PM
    yes I had the same problem, the CardDAV wont authenticate...so I added Google through Email, Calender, Contacts option and resynced...looks like Google not supporting CardDAV for BB10.
    timboalogo likes this.
    04-02-14 04:50 AM
    What was the problem you noticed? I think Contacts on BB10 is one of the biggest issues. Duplication, and items disappearing. Albeit with Outlook.com one doesn't seem to have those issues; mainly with GMail.
    04-02-14 04:52 AM
    Yahoo is having the same issue now. Carddav won't sync so I ported it all over to Outlook as well. So I'm using it for calendar and contacts.
    04-02-14 06:57 AM
    Although I don't want to do it do you think it might be best to just sync them to my sim card then erase the Google sync on the device. It would suck but would it help the dropping of the contacts?

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 07:08 AM
    Funny problem.i am on Z30 Vodafone India..Today only the Google contacts said it has authentication problem with the cardDAV...I tried configuring it did not accept my gmail credentials...I deleted my Gmail contacts and added it again and put my sync interval to 5 mins...for the past 3 hours my Gmail contacts are not showing up....somebody help!

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 07:50 AM
    Contacts is a problem that needs to be fixed asap. Had all my Gmail contacts erase yesterday also and had to delete the account and re add.

Hate that it does what it wants as far as linking other accounts especially after upgrading an OS or whenever it feels. Hope they can fix this in 10.3 or sooner!
    04-02-14 08:09 AM
    I found this on another forum. It looks like is not only BB. "Starting on 3/31, Google changed the contacts API to redirect all http requests to https". I'll try to open a ticket with BB today.

04-02-14 08:57 AM
    yes I had the same problem, the CardDAV wont authenticate...so I added Google through Email, Calender, Contacts option and resynced...looks like Google not supporting CardDAV for BB10.
    I just did the same thing. My Gmail and caldav were working, but not carddav. And trying to add the Google carddav was giving me the authentication errors. So like Gurudev, I just added Google from the email, calendar, contacts option for new account, and it appears to be working because my Google contacts are now showing up in my contacts app.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 09:39 AM
    Although I don't want to do it do you think it might be best to just sync them to my sim card then erase the Google sync on the device. It would suck but would it help the dropping of the contacts?

Posted via CB10
    The only problem with SIM contacts is that you have to have a contact name for each phone number. So if you have a contact with home, work, cell, you will have them listed 3 times.
    04-02-14 10:19 AM
    I just did the same thing. My Gmail and caldav were working, but not carddav. And trying to add the Google carddav was giving me the authentication errors. So like Gurudev, I just added Google from the email, calendar, contacts option for new account, and it appears to be working because my Google contacts are now showing up in my contacts app.

Posted via CB10
    That's how I had my yahoo set up but it stopped working.
    04-02-14 10:19 AM
    If you write on server address : https://www.google.com , it will connect again I think, at least it doesn't show anymore account not connected.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 12:25 PM
    False alert, after 30 min it says again not connected :-(

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by hadji; 04-02-14 at 01:25 PM.
    04-02-14 12:59 PM
    Update!, after several tries to add the gmail contacts account, I finally made it. Something change on Google or the BB side.

04-02-14 09:53 PM
    No luck guys gmail contacts not yet showing up...tried all...now I have done added gmail to my icloud and then added icloud account....will let you guys know...majorky hassled

Gurudev
    Pin:2B631CDE

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 04:24 AM
    Me too, problem solved alone, now it connects with the same settings like before. I think it was a problem on Google side

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 04:52 AM
    Guys...sync google contacts to icloud then sync it with your BlackBerry 10....working well now...Google contacts not yet syncing directly

Gurudev
    Pin:2B631CDE

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 04:58 AM
    I started having problems back in mid-March with a PIM and Service consuming 80 to 100% of my CPU. This was affecting my phone, couldn't call out or receive calls. The calls I could receive I couldn't disconnect without doing a restart! I did several wipes, deleted and re-loaded all e-mail and calendars. Even tried Outlook.com for my contacts instead of Gmail contacts due to a potential issue I heard. Nothing worked. Bell was unable to do anything and my loaner Z10 phone had the same issues. My phone was running very hot it took days to load my contacts back up and my battery life was 4 hours tops. I finally tried an updated OS 10.2.1.2947 and Z30 love is back! 2200 contacts loaded up within 2 hours and no over heating phone. I know this is a Q10 site but I imagine the problem is across the board with the 10.2.1.2228 OS. I believe it has something to do with the Android emulator and the contact management. Go here for the update and autoloader. It is very simple to do. http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...00-1-a-918891/
    04-08-14 04:22 PM
    For me I was having problem with my Gmail contacts so placed them into Outlook and my problem was resolved.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 04:47 PM