Contact and people pictures being mixed up and most of the contacts!
    In case we wanted to call one specific person, someone else's name and picture was displayed.
    The reason was that contact has being linked, some how with other user information. The is a fuzzy logic inside of Q10, which try to link contacts by similar phone numbers, surname, social connector (LinkedIn, Facebook. etc.). Because of this reasons, we will not implement BB 10 platform in our company.
    It only happens in Q10 Blackberry, other devices and Exchange server contacts were not effected.
    06-23-14 06:14 AM
    Linking has rules.
    The most evident information is that linking deals with only one physical person.
    You can not link 2 (or more) contacts, by saying "family" so I link them together... or "freinds" and you link all your friends...
    Linking has to do with:
    "Peter" his information/contact
    "Pete" the facebook accont
    "Peter5" in another social media.
    So if you have like in this example 3 contacts you saved on your phone and in fact it is only one physical person, so then you can link them together and they show up as only one contact.

If you misunderstood the rule and started to link a wife with its husband, grand ma and children, you mess up your contacts in fact... The only solution is to disable the links you set up by error!

I hope this helped! Cheers.

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    06-23-14 06:26 AM
    I have faced a similar problem. All my contacts, be it from facebook, gmail, linkedin, etc were linked up together. To rectify it I had to manually go in each and every contact and unlink the ones that weren't supposed to be present there. Now am talking of more then 800+ contacts. It did take a lot of time but now its running normally and no more link ups.
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    06-23-14 07:59 AM
    Linking has rules.
    The most evident information is that linking deals with only one physical person.
    You can not link 2 (or more) contacts, by saying "family" so I link them together... or "freinds" and you link all your friends...
    Linking has to do with:
    "Peter" his information/contact
    "Pete" the facebook accont
    "Peter5" in another social media.
    So if you have like in this example 3 contacts you saved on your phone and in fact it is only one physical person, so then you can link them together and they show up as only one contact.

If you misunderstood the rule and started to link a wife with its husband, grand ma and children, you mess up your contacts in fact... The only solution is to disable the links you set up by error!

I hope this helped! Cheers.

Many have the same issues with contacts changing numbers pictures, etc. I have never manually linked any contacts and still have these problems. It is not user error, these are known issues with the BB10 contacts software.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 08:07 AM
    Many have the same issues with contacts changing numbers pictures, etc. I have never manually linked any contacts and still have these problems. It is not user error, these are known issues with the BB10 contacts software.

Posted via CB10
    The only time I faced this issue was when I linked family members together. I did not encounter any other linking issue though.

06-23-14 08:22 AM
    Same here. It's frustrating!!!
    06-23-14 07:39 PM
    Same here also,
    Never linked any contact by my self.
    Error occurred after importing contacts from OS 7.
    Tried both to have setup my email-bbm etc accounts and W/O having them set up. Both times result was the same.
    My contacts almost doubled. To be more accurate I had 1100 contact in my old OS7 phone and some time after importing them to my Q5 they grew up to 1800!
    So obviously some were not duplicated.
    The duplication pattern was not clear to me. I tried to find some similarities as to what triggered the duplication, but I couldn't.
    The duplicate contacts had only the name fields (1st, Last, Middle), with data in them. No tel, email, BBM, Address etc. So pretty much the duplicate contact from outside you see the name, but not any other info.
    I don't know exactly why this had occurred, but most likely it was triggered by the fact that in order to have some compatibility with my Personal Information Manager Software in my computer, plus to have the full name of the contact in WhatsApp Instant Messenger, I had put both 1st and 2nd name in the 1st name field of the contacts. I had found that by doing so, suit my needs better.
    Till OS 10 I had no problems what so ever, but obviously OS10 have its own mind set and so takes the contact with 2 or 3 words in the 1st name field and split it to 1st, last, middle name but forgets to add any other info in that contact. So obviously it creates a no use contact. Added to that, it never asked whether it should start doing this or not. So it has its own mind, and well over the user's.

I finally had to manually delete the duplicates.
    Added to the manually deletion burden is that from the contacts list view, they seem the same unless I had assigned a thumbnail to the contact, which then the one w/o the thumb nail is due for deletion.
    So then I had to go inside each duplicate contact to see if it had other info inside and if not go out in list preview and delete it.
    So in the case of not having thumbnails, multi selecting contacts was not an option, since I had to go inside the contact to check whether it has info inside or not.
    An other problem was that quite a lot of the duplicate contacts were not one after an other, rather they could appear after 5-20 contacts and so I had to first delete the sequential duplicates, and then painstakingly find the rest (knowing how many were my originals) till my contacts entries were exactly as much as my previous phone entries were.
    One could, instead of deleting the duplicates, just go and link those duplicates together. This is much easier done than checking which contact u don't want, going out to list view and delete the non wanted. But in case of linking, the contact will carry that information till it's removed, so I chose to delete the trash instead.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 09:15 PM
    I, too, have this issue. Some of my contacts get the job titles and/or companies of other contacts.

Also, I should only have about 700 contacts, but my Z10 keeps duplicating them to the point where I have over 10,000 (that's ten thousand) contacts. At one point, I had over 17,000.

Android seems to handle duplicates well - just click to merge duplicates and it takes care of most of then with no problems. But on Blackberry, you have to merge each and every duplicated contact individually.
    06-28-14 11:18 PM
    I m having d same problem too, 1700++ names.... way too many to unlinked unless it happens that I knew at the time of contacting them.

Posted via CrackBerry
    06-29-14 06:54 AM
    I have faced a similar problem. All my contacts, be it from facebook, gmail, linkedin, etc were linked up together. To rectify it I had to manually go in each and every contact and unlink the ones that weren't supposed to be present there. Now am talking of more then 800+ contacts. It did take a lot of time but now its running normally and no more link ups.
    Time to backup your work. Check Contact X or any of these contact management apps.

Problem with linked contacts in Q10-img_20140629_223505.png

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    06-29-14 07:35 AM
    I, too, have this issue. Some of my contacts get the job titles and/or companies of other contacts.

Also, I should only have about 700 contacts, but my Z10 keeps duplicating them to the point where I have over 10,000 (that's ten thousand) contacts. At one point, I had over 17,000.

Android seems to handle duplicates well - just click to merge duplicates and it takes care of most of then with no problems. But on Blackberry, you have to merge each and every duplicated contact individually.
    This happens when you sync with other contact sources, like Gmail or FB.

Skype is probably one of the worst offending apps.

Get a contact management app. Back up, then merge them. Contact X is great. Allows selective or interactive merge.

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    06-29-14 07:41 AM