Hi guys, I've got a brand new Q10 for a couple of weeks, and I commonly use whatsapp instead of BBM cuz most of my friends use the other platforms.
    And today, when I tried to contact with one of my friend in BBM list (that I've transfered from my old 9900), the messages couldn't be sent. I have removed his contact from the list and re-invited him but things got worse, the invitation kept pending.

Lastly, I decided to reinstall BBM. And when I opened My World in App World, there was the notice:

Problem with BBM on Q10-img_00000016.png

Does anyone has the same problem? Hope you guys can help me. Thanks alot.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 10:24 AM
    I would restart your device. Shortly after, you should be prompted that there is an OS upgrade for it. This won't actually be an upgrade. Instead, whenever it''s detected that you have deleted a "core" app, you'll get the prompt. Accept the upgrade, and you should be good. If it doesn't appear quickly enough for you, go to Settings > Software Updates, and tap "Check for Updates". That should do it.

~ecm
    05-13-13 10:58 AM
    I would restart your device. Shortly after, you should be prompted that there is an OS upgrade for it. This won't actually be an upgrade. Instead, whenever it''s detected that you have deleted a "core" app, you'll get the prompt. Accept the upgrade, and you should be good. If it doesn't appear quickly enough for you, go to Settings > Software Updates, and tap "Check for Updates". That should do it.

~ecm
    I' restarted it few times, but it didn't change. And I also tried to install another OS (the leak version 10.1.0.1720), nothing changed.

Is it possible to remove the Blackberry ID and add it again without re-installing OS?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 04:54 PM
    I don't think that will help you. Deleting. The BB ID requires a security wipe. If you can't install BBM from BB World and can't force the upgrade, you may have to use BB Link to restore your device to factory settings or restore a recent backup.
    05-13-13 06:38 PM
    I don't think that will help you. Deleting. The BB ID requires a security wipe. If you can't install BBM from BB World and can't force the upgrade, you may have to use BB Link to restore your device to factory settings or restore a recent backup.
    I'm afraid that it can't help, cuz when I reinstalled the OS, it meant my phone had been wiped completely before getting restored (I used BBLink to backup and restore while reinstalling OS), but things didn't change.

I think the problem is about cellular network, and have tried to contact them, but there's still no response.
    05-15-13 05:43 AM
    Depending on your carrier, you may still require a BlackBerry Plan, even with OS10 phones.

In addition, if your carrier has not introduced the new OS10 phones, they may not be supported on their network yet.
    05-15-13 05:47 AM
    You don't require a BlackBerry plan with BB10 devices.

I recommend to reload your OS using Link. You shouldn't have been able to delete BBM in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 08:15 PM
    You don't require a blackberry plan with blackberry 10, actually, you don't even need to have a sim card in the phone, just connect to Wifi, log in with blackberry ID, and your bbm should just work!

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 08:34 PM
    You don't require a BlackBerry plan with BB10 devices.

I recommend to reload your OS using Link. You shouldn't have been able to delete BBM in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    I've tried, but it couldn't help. I think the error happened when I switched my BB ID from the old phone. That why I'm looking for method to re-install bbm.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 01:36 AM
    I've tried, but it couldn't help. I think the error happened when I switched my BB ID from the old phone. That why I'm looking for method to re-install bbm.

Posted via CB10
    I have precisely same problem. Same error message. Same pending message that won't go away. Rebooted. Restarted. ********.
    06-09-13 09:48 PM
    From the start you use the phone and the more you used these BlackBerry Q-10 and Z-10 you will find more and more problems; such as adding the new phone number the icon wont respond, transferring BBM address, Wifi disconnected (off) by it self, Facebook take more time to load or most of the time stuck. The Battery is run out very fast.
    06-27-13 11:33 AM
    can you not go to the blackberry beta zone and download bbm from there with the channels update??
    06-27-13 03:03 PM