Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation Pressing Q10 Questions

In my mind there are some pressing questions about the Q10 and how it will play with the Z10 and TVs. I know no one (aside from BB employees) knows the answers to these questions, but hopefully the guys at Crackberry can start to press for answers on some of these:

1) Picture and video recording - will the Q10 be able to take pics/record videos in a high res for ratios other than it's square screen ratio? For example will it be able to take photos in a more eye friendly widescreen? Are the cameras different from the Z10? If not, should not the Q10 be able to take pictuers in the Z10 ratio? The Z10 can take pictures in 4:3 as well as its native ratio. Hopefully the Q10 can do similar tricks with a wider ratio.

2) How will BBM video and screen share work between a Z10 and a Q10? Will the Q10 video/screen share have black bars when viewed from a Z10? Will the Z10 screen share be scaled but zoomable on the Q10? Will screen share not be possible across the two devices?

3) Will the Q10 be able to stream pictures/videos to a TV via HDMI in a ratio other than the screen's? I.E. will it be able to push content to the TV without actually mirroring the device's screen?

4) How will getting accents and other key characters work on the Q10? On the 9900 you held a key and scrolled with the trackpad to find them. Will you be able to hold a key and scroll on the screen instead?

5) Will you be able to disable the word suggestions that show up when you're typing, which take up screen space? This isn't really a big concern, I just think it would be a nice feature.
    Last edited by shadeofdawn; 02-11-2013 at 05:25 AM.
    Thanked by:
    Bbnivende (02-10-2013) 
    CrackBerry Founder

Global Posts
    3,700 Global Posts
    PIN
    It's complicated...

Lots of good questions. Will work on it.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Kevin Michaluk
    Founder, CrackBerry.com
    Chief Media Officer, Mobile Nations
    Thanked by 2:
    Bbnivende (02-10-2013),  Taigatrommel (02-13-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Oh yeah interesting questions indeed! Will follow closely for any answers. And indeed regarding number 5, my first reaction to seeing there was word suggestions on the Q10 was like: WHY? I type way faster than using word suggestions!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

3) HDMI output. As I have suggested before, the Q10 should have settings similar to the PlayBook in that you can change the aspect ratio and resolution of the output. You can see it in action here:

I do not have a Z10 or dev alpha so I cannot confirm these settings, but I would imagine they would be the same if not similar.
    Sent from the future in my BB10 powered DeLorean
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts

Default Re: Pressing Q10 Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaluk View Post
    Lots of good questions. Will work on it.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Hey Kev, anything yet?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Hey Kevin, thanks for the reply.

I have another question:

How will android apps play with the Q10 screen size? Will they require more than a repackaging for the square screen (even the ones with scalable UIs)?