Hi!

I sold my PERSONAL q10 and want to know proper steps to clear my personal data off and reset the phone without connecting it to a computer (last time I did that a disaster occurred. I've sold a bunch of new ones but not my personal one, which I only used a couple of times but customized it.

I've tried just deleting my name, etc. but it doesn't work.

I know I have to go to Blackberry and "remove" it so buyer can register.

Can someone please give me proper steps as I don't want to mess the phone up?

THANK YOU!!!
    11-17-16 02:42 PM
    • On your device, disable BlackBerry Protect through the settings menu
    • Go to the BlackBerry Protect site and login
    • Remove the device you are selling
    • Wipe the device using the settings menu

All should be fine after that. people just generally forget the whole BlackBerry Protect thing and make this harder than it has to be.
    ck2nb and Velocitymj like this.
    11-17-16 02:52 PM
    OK.... thank you... in settings "WIPE"? For sure? That will not kill everything off that should be present in the phone?
    11-17-16 02:56 PM
    Wipe the device using the settings menu
    i can't find it.... where is the wipe mode on the phone? EEK! can't figure out where it is.
    11-17-16 03:04 PM
    i can't find it.... where is the wipe mode on the phone? EEK! can't figure out where it is.
    How to perform a Security Wipe on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone

Ensure that the BlackBerry 10 smartphone is plugged into a power source to prevent power loss during the security wipe process.

1. Swipe down from the top of the home screen and tap Settings.
    2. Tap Security and Privacy > Security Wipe.
    3. Enter the word blackberry in the text field to confirm that you wish to continue with the Security Wipe.
      Note: As of BlackBerry OS 10.3.2, the Anti-Theft feature has been introduced. Should Anti-Theft been enabled, the BlackBerry ID username and password of the BlackBerry smartphone would need to be entered to confirm the Security Wipe and disable Anti-Theft. For more information on Anti-Theft, please see Article 36737.
    4. Tap Delete Data to intiate the security wipe process.
      Note: The security wipe process can take in excess of 15 minutes to complete. During the Security Wipe it is extremely important that the operation is left to complete on it's own. For information on expected time to perform a security wipe see Article 33494.

Warning: Do not attempt to restart the smartphone or pull the battery until the security wipe has fully completed. If the security wipe is interrupted (for instance, if the battery is removed during the process), then the BlackBerry 10 OS may need to be reloaded. For instructions on reloading a BlackBerry 10 smartphone after an interrupted Security Wipe see Article 33480.

Once the security wipe has completed, the initial setup will need to be completed before the smartphone can be used.
    Kitten219 likes this.
    11-17-16 03:08 PM
    THANK YOU! It's working right now! I kinda' wanted the buyer to get the cool apps I put in but they can always ask for what they are.

I GREATLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!!!
    11-17-16 03:38 PM
    DONE! Thank you thank thank you thank you! I'll miss the Q10's but I've amassed SOOOOO many phones I've become somewhat of a laughing stock. I've started a new facet to my existing business in which I search for product based on an individual's needs and customize the device for them. It can be a bit tedious BUT it's fun for now.

With THEM I set up product with their personal information. This person I don't know and the Blackberry had all MY data on it (oddly, it read other devices even though I've not even USED it or turned it on!). When I did today, all the things from my four OTHER phones were in it!

Very strange as there's not even a sim card in the phone... never has been Just goes to show one MUST exercise caution as devices DO read each other.
    11-17-16 04:02 PM