Hey guys, its been about a week since I've manually updated my VZW Q10 to 10.2.1, courtesy of Sachesi(Rogers OS). Everything updated smoothly but now my Q10 is sluggish and the battery life is horrible. Luckily I have a spare battery but 6hrs on one charge is ridiculous. It also seems to lag for every little thing (web browsing, opening apps, etc). I do have some android apps installed but i really don't think that's the problem. I tried reflashing the OS as well but no luck. Someone plz help me out.
    02-15-14 04:52 PM
    i dont have a Q10 so I dont know the heart of your hardware, but I have a Z10 and Z30 and i found that it took longer on the z10 to settle than the z30 ( 3 days for Z30 and 4 days for Z10). it is a big changelog. same as you I have some android apps installed ( not a lot ). But everything is working albeit a bit sluggishly and the battery life shortened. Only today it is showing some sign of stabilising. So from my experience the bigger cpu/ram and battery of the Z30 handled the new os better. hope this helps your anxiety.....
    02-16-14 12:00 AM
    still nothing...anybody have a solution?
    02-17-14 06:13 PM
    still nothing...anybody have a solution?
    Since you know how to use Sachesi, you may want to load the latest leak...10.2.1.2141.
    02-17-14 08:06 PM
    If Jesus can walk on water,
    02-17-14 08:13 PM
    Sounds "rediculous" and somebody will tell you "we do not pull battery" on BB10 devices, but I have a Q and had some similar problems last week, I do not know if it was possibly an App, but I kept it "native usage" from then on and I had no further problems... Now to my situation and solution:
    I had to restart my phone by the volume keys and it stucked at 100% then I restarted with the upper button and it took almost 10min to restart. Then, the battery life was 4-6h... which bothered me coz I almost reached 2 days with "phone/text/mail only use, no browsing/vids/music, gaming or androids apps"... so like you, I had 6h at a max...
    What definitely solved was this:
    Let battery drain to less than 15% even 10% but do not let the device shut down from itself because of lack of power... if the warning comes, you have to immediately put to charge! Do not let it shut down!! So as said, I drained to 12% then charged the battery to 100% and kept the phone charging 1h more. Then turn phone off, take battery out and let it out for 30 min (some say 10-15 min), I took it out for 30. Then put it in again and turn phone on. Use it normally after that. You'll notice that it has a better life. Repeat that "drain to 15% and charge to 100%" but no need to take the battery off again... make it regularily. If you can, forever. That is the right way to charge the battery. If you regularily put it in a charger as soon as you reach a desk or at night, if the battery wasn't around 20%, then the "condensing" process doesn't take place... it is like filling your lungs with air and breathing superficially with the lungs filled... better exhale to the max and fill to the max... Hope this helps like it did for me... and please post a feed back. Cheers.

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany - Running OS 10.2.1.537
    world saviour likes this.
    02-17-14 08:29 PM
    Sounds "rediculous" and somebody will tell you "we do not pull battery" on BB10 devices, but I have a Q and had some similar problems last week, I do not know if it was possibly an App, but I kept it "native usage" from then on and I had no further problems... Now to my situation and solution:
    I had to restart my phone by the volume keys and it stucked at 100% then I restarted with the upper button and it took almost 10min to restart. Then, the battery life was 4-6h... which bothered me coz I almost reached 2 days with "phone/text/mail only use, no browsing/vids/music, gaming or androids apps"... so like you, I had 6h at a max...
    What definitely solved was this:
    Let battery drain to less than 15% even 10% but do not let the device shut down from itself because of lack of power... if the warning comes, you have to immediately put to charge! Do not let it shut down!! So as said, I drained to 12% then charged the battery to 100% and kept the phone charging 1h more. Then turn phone off, take battery out and let it out for 30 min (some say 10-15 min), I took it out for 30. Then put it in again and turn phone on. Use it normally after that. You'll notice that it has a better life. Repeat that "drain to 15% and charge to 100%" but no need to take the battery off again... make it regularily. If you can, forever. That is the right way to charge the battery. If you regularily put it in a charger as soon as you reach a desk or at night, if the battery wasn't around 20%, then the "condensing" process doesn't take place... it is like filling your lungs with air and breathing superficially with the lungs filled... better exhale to the max and fill to the max... Hope this helps like it did for me... and please post a feed back. Cheers.

Cool analogy with the lungs, too bad lithium-ion batteries don't work that way. Full discharges and recharges (like you're suggesting) decrease the lifespan. Keeping it between 25-75 is best for li-ion.

Posted via Q10
    02-17-14 11:28 PM
    I think you have too see apps you installed, or disable wifi just for a test.

Maybe is a temporary issue. Personally I had an experience when battery drained overnight from 100% to 0 without using the phone. Next day was okay, I didnt changed anything.

Q10
    02-17-14 11:37 PM
    Cool analogy with the lungs, too bad lithium-ion batteries don't work that way. Full discharges and recharges (like you're suggesting) decrease the lifespan. Keeping it between 25-75 is best for li-ion.

Posted via Q10
    Well, very good to know! Thanks.

02-17-14 11:40 PM
    I was running that same software from Rodgers on my Verizon Q10 also before I updated to 10.2.1.2141 but has no problems at all with battery life or lag. Maybe just give the OS some time to settle in do a few hard resets.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 11:41 PM
    what differences are you seeing on .2141?
    02-18-14 06:50 PM
    So I had a weird issue with battery life too after the update. Everything was fine for about 4 to 5 days then suddenly 1 day it started sucking battery power. I was down to 50 percent by 10am. Didn't understand it. But I just turned it off for about 30 minutes and re booted it. Everything fine now. Its been like 3 weeks. My guess is I had an app that wasn't shutting down properly. Probably one of my android ports. But all is well now.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    02-18-14 07:02 PM
    Hey guys, its been about a week since I've manually updated my VZW Q10 to 10.2.1, courtesy of Sachesi(Rogers OS). Everything updated smoothly but now my Q10 is sluggish and the battery life is horrible. Luckily I have a spare battery but 6hrs on one charge is ridiculous. It also seems to lag for every little thing (web browsing, opening apps, etc). I do have some android apps installed but i really don't think that's the problem. I tried reflashing the OS as well but no luck. Someone plz help me out.
    Personally my issue was with bluetooth connectivity and lower battery life. Weirdly, I had an odd BT issue where it wouldn't connect the stereo component but voice only and the reduction of battery life.

I removed the BT pairing and redid it and problem solved but my battery life has been reduced by aboutb20%.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-18-14 07:12 PM
    what differences are you seeing on .2141?
    Not much just seems like some bug updates and a little quicker. Battery life has been fine under heavy usage.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 11:13 PM