I've been struggling with multiple major issues with my Q10 for three years. An AT&T tech said that it's likely to be caused by the HD voice not playing nicely with the BB10 OS. She said that people who have newer devices can go into the settings and turn off LTE or something like that which will also turn off the HD Voice.

Is there a way to disable it on a Q10? Maybe via an app? The only option she suggested was to "get a newer device that can be customized for this" meaning android. I think I'll prefer going back to a dumb phone before I considered android! There are so many BlackBerry 10 users who aren't having all the oddball problems I have, so I would think that there's got to be a way!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    12-17-16 07:58 PM
    I don't think there's any way to disable HD Voice without disabling LTE. The latter can be done (Settings > Network Connections > Mobile network > Network mode to something without LTE/4G LTE), although I think your carrier has to allow you to do it.
    12-17-16 08:07 PM
    Unfortunately there isn't a network mode option on my Q10... under network my only options are to turn OFF either the mobile network or data services. The only other thing I see at the bottom other than data services while roaming is the APN at the bottom of the screen. Since it otherwise serves me VERY well I have no desire to abandon an OS that is smoother, does exactly what I want it to do and nothing else, which leads to the PRIMARY reason I want to stay with BB10. It lets me keep as much privacy as possible instead of selling all of my personal data to every possible company! I actually just saw this morning that Google is even further expanding the depth of the intrusion on the lives of the suckers who use all of their services. The Govt is being asked to forbid the new plan where they merge ALL of the data from users use of YouTube and Google maps! I'm posting on the Q10 and BBOS forum pages hoping to find helpful advice from other users who also want to keep the platform viable for as long as possible. I have no animosity towards the people who decided to switch to android unless they choose to belittle the rational choices some of us make! Just because some users "can't possibly live without their favorite (usually time wasting games or social media) apps" yet they think they can force Everyone else to agree with their priorities.

I know that the iPhone is the 800lb gorilla but I (and others) didn't have these issues until AT&T modified their network to benefit the iPhone with zero care about how they caused Priv users to have nearly useless paperweights instead of cellphones. So switching to android wound up giving many people MORE issues than I've been dealing with! Just food for thought.

In any case, I am still hoping to find some useful options for trying to remove HD voice from my Q10 since AFAIK every other idea has been tried. Thanks!

12-20-16 10:57 PM
    Well, it's been a few months so I thought I would try again. Meanwhile I discovered that a couple of the issues we're hoping to resolve only seem to happen when we're home, meaning that the Microcell ) that AT&T provided in order to get a signal in a known hole in their coverage) is the cause of the inability to use call waiting and possibly also the issue where the 1st 10-20 seconds of a call has no audio for my side of the conversation. The other party can hear me just fine. But when I'm away from home the call waiting works.

03-26-17 01:57 PM