I understand how to remove items from displaying in the Hub view.

However, I'd like to remove some items - like BBM, PIN Messages, and Calls - from the list itself. Furthermore, I'd like to move items in the list up and down based upon my usage. Are either of these possible?
    08-06-13 10:09 AM
    Nothing off what you ask if possible right now.

Removing items from the list won't ever be, I believe, since you'd completely block access to something you chose to have on the device. If you don't want it in the HUB at all, might as well remove the account, no?

As for sorting entries, that is a very good idea, and we should push for this to come in a future not too far away.
    Dim-Ize likes this.
    08-06-13 10:17 AM
    Thanks, diegonei.

Frankly, I don't use BBM at all. Nada. So, I'd be happy to remove it completely from the device. But, removing items from the HUB list does not necessitate blocking access on the device itself, IMO.

On the Q - at least for me (due to font size) the list is too long for my taste as it invokes scrolling. A users ability to sort, based upon priority selection, would probably suffice for my needs.
    diegonei likes this.
    08-06-13 11:14 AM
    Thanks, diegonei.

Frankly, I don't use BBM at all. Nada. So, I'd be happy to remove it completely from the device. But, removing items from the HUB list does not necessitate blocking access on the device itself, IMO.

On the Q - at least for me (due to font size) the list is too long for my taste as it invokes scrolling. A users ability to sort, based upon priority selection, would probably suffice for my needs.
    I see your point. I was personally wondering why did they make the menus so huge on the Q10. Did you try messing with font sizes?
    Dim-Ize likes this.
    08-06-13 01:02 PM
    Yes - I fooled around with the fonts and landed on 9. The HUB could be condensed, it seems, just a bit, which would help. But, if I make my fonts any smaller I can't read email.
    08-06-13 04:39 PM
    This is stil not possible eh?
    10-29-13 10:30 PM
    Yes, it would be great to either be able to either remove the Hub or edit/condense/merge all those rows which clutter up the screen and inhibit productivity. For many of us, BB7 was way ahead in terms of of enabling people to quickly get to the functions/application they wanted. The common Messages box is/was simplicity and function combined. Then again, some people like the Hub because they want to see all the detail/separation. This is a yet another case where BBY could have given people the option to customize the performance/functionality for what works best for them, but they obv didn't care or think it made sense to bother with options which would have made the device more attractive to their core audience: the 99%.
    10-29-13 10:38 PM
    10.2 has Priority Hub. I don't know how customizable it will be, since my carrier has not pushed out 10.2 yet and I don't want to load the leaks. But it's supposed to allow you to prioritize your most viewed/most important messages. For me, I only have texts and Gmail in the hub, so this isn't a problem, but it was when I had facebook linked.
    10-30-13 01:14 AM
    Yes, it would be great to either be able to either remove the Hub or edit/condense/merge all those rows which clutter up the screen and inhibit productivity. For many of us, BB7 was way ahead in terms of of enabling people to quickly get to the functions/application they wanted. The common Messages box is/was simplicity and function combined. Then again, some people like the Hub because they want to see all the detail/separation. This is a yet another case where BBY could have given people the option to customize the performance/functionality for what works best for them, but they obv didn't care or think it made sense to bother with options which would have made the device more attractive to their core audience: the 99%.
    Uh oh... here comes the hater!

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 01:34 AM
    Uh oh... here comes the hater!

Posted via CB10
    You don't seem to be contributing here, or am I missing something?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 06:01 AM
    Yes - I fooled around with the fonts and landed on 9. The HUB could be condensed, it seems, just a bit, which would help. But, if I make my fonts any smaller I can't read email.
    Clearly, what appears in the Hub should be customizable. How things appear in the Hub should be customizable. Probably the very existence of the Hub should be customizable. But what about customizing the size of the fonts for various applications? Right now we just have one size fits all.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 06:04 AM
    You don't seem to be contributing here, or am I missing something?

Posted via CB10
    Neither do you.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 07:53 AM
    I was able to shorten the list a little by turning off priority hub. If you go to setting in the hub and hub management there is some options in there. You turn stuff off but does not seem to take it off the main list just out of the hub window. Maybe they will keep improving stuff.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 08:30 AM