I did get my information from doing my own research. Not from "believing some random blog poster", as you put it. About 75% of the information I have seen on radiation from cell phones tells me that I should keep my phone away from my body as much as possible just as you should not stand directly in front of a microwave when using it. About 20% says "not really sure but it's better to be safe than sorry" and about 5% tells me it's just a myth. I tend to go with the 20% since it's an easy and no hassle thing to do without going "nuts" over it...... keep my phone away from my testicles.

Maybe we should worry about radiation from air travel and too many X-rays. To quote you, "it is still unclear whether this (radiation) was the cause". That is called "the jury is still out".
    You've missed my point: I was describing myself as a "random blog poster".
    There is an excellent summary of the current state of research here: Mobile phones and cancer : Cancer Research UK from a respectable body.
    Unfortunately nowadays nobody will tell you something is safe because they are terrified of being sued by people who get an illness and then fall in with ambulance chasers, which means that people avoid things with minute risks and yet continue to do things with much higher risks - like travel by air or by car, drink alcohol or take other drugs, or climb mountains. I presume you don't drink or smoke, are of correct weight, don't wear tight underpants, exercise regularly, and do not expose yourself to potential carcinogens like fried food and food with nitrite preservative like burgers? Because all of those things are far better risk indicators than mobile phones.
    As Nicholas Taleb points out in his books, we are mostly terrible at estimating risks. Obviously I am not going to advise you to do anything which you might subsequently claim caused you to develop cancer, but really mobile phones are so far down my own personal risk list as never to impinge except when I read posts like yours - and as someone who has had health and safety responsibility in several companies, including radiological protection, I rate my own opinions much higher than much of the complete guff you read on the Internet.
    07-06-13 01:34 PM
    Left front.

@dunaway - Posted with TMO Q10 via CB10
    07-06-13 03:04 PM
    I did get my information from doing my own research. Not from "believing some random blog poster", as you put it. About 75% of the information I have seen on radiation from cell phones tells me that I should keep my phone away from my body as much as possible just as you should not stand directly in front of a microwave when using it. About 20% says "not really sure but it's better to be safe than sorry" and about 5% tells me it's just a myth. I tend to go with the 20% since it's an easy and no hassle thing to do without going "nuts" over it...... keep my phone away from my testicles.

Maybe we should worry about radiation from air travel and too many X-rays. To quote you, "it is still unclear whether this (radiation) was the cause". That is called "the jury is still out".
    Stop worrying and die happy

Front left. Any pocket when in a rush & when I'm not using it I constantly check that it is in my pocket.

Posted via my CB Q10
    07-06-13 04:35 PM
    All I know is that after 3 weeks with the Q10, I have been finding myself in strange places like alleys and forests with all my clothes ripped after getting angry at someone. News reports also indicate some giant green monster trashing the areas where I last was with the phone. Is this happening to anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 04:52 PM
    I am yet to sit on a phone while it's in my back pocket. I'm more than happy to take the Q10 out to sit as I like to show it off where I can

Posted via CB10
    rallen562 likes this.
    07-06-13 05:05 PM
    more specifically: right front pocket, upside down, screen against leg.

Posted via CB10
    rallen562 likes this.
    07-06-13 06:01 PM
    more specifically: right front pocket, upside down, screen against leg.

Posted via CB10
    Ditto.

Posted via CB10
    rallen562 likes this.
    07-06-13 08:12 PM
    no girls put it between their boobs :O
    07-06-13 10:08 PM
    Usually upside down screen in in right pocket, or in an OEM holster clipped in front of my right pocket, or on occasion in my shirt pocket.
    07-06-13 10:24 PM
    I am yet to sit on a phone while it's in my back pocket. I'm more than happy to take the Q10 out to sit as I like to show it off where I can

Posted via CB10
    I completely understand the back pocket since women's jeans and pants aren't meant for things like that in the front. I see women all over with their phones in their back pockets. I am just surprised they aren't getting damaged or stolen more.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 10:49 AM
    I live in a town of 6000 so not much gets stolen here, quiet happy to keep it in back pocket. When I go to Gladstone though I keep it in my front one as it's a pretty bad city/town!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 09:20 PM
    Always in holster on the right pocket. At work above it on the belt. Just got the bodyglove dimension case as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 09:25 PM
    I can't believe there are actually people out there who keep their Q10s in their pockets. I can see keeping an all-glass phone in your pocket because there are no keys. But I can't really see putting a Q10 in your pocket! I'd be worried about lint getting between the keys over time and gumming stuff up. Also I'd be worried about sitting on it or bending it. Also I'd worry about extra radiation from the closeness. Admittedly, I worry a lot. Having said all that, I've always used a holster and an earbud headset with all my cell phones. The advantages are many:
    1) You take the phone out much less frequently...it stays safe in the holster because I use voice dialing to make calls and the button to answer and hang up.
    2) Much fewer drops
    3) Phone stays cleaner
    4) Less radiation
    5) Less damage from sitting/bending
    6) You don't have to hold the phone to your head to talk...hands are free to continue working on whatever and your arms/ears don't get tired from holding the phone, which also doesn't pick up oil from the side of your head.
    7) Better safety if you drive - with a button headset and voice dialing you can make and answer calls without ever taking your eyes from the road.
    At 45 years old I'm way past worrying about nerdiness. Anyway, nerds are cool.
    The final point I'll make is that I'm always listening to music anyway, so the wired button headphones really work for me. I also have the Bose MIE2's which are comfortable, durable, and don't fall out of my ears. Plus the sound quality is the best I've ever heard.
    I have the Otterbox Defender which came with the holster and case combo and that's working for me for now. I would actually prefer a leather slip-in case because they're easier to put the phone away with especially in winter when you might be wearing a sweatshirt or something....but that's pretty minor because, like I said, I don't take my phone out all that much...only for emails or document work.
    To Each His Own! Be Happy!
    Speedygi likes this.
    07-07-13 10:40 PM
    1) You take the phone out much less frequently...it stays safe in the holster because I use voice dialing to make calls and the button to answer and hang up.
    2) Much fewer drops
    3) Phone stays cleaner
    4) Less radiation
    5) Less damage from sitting/bending
    6) You don't have to hold the phone to your head to talk...hands are free to continue working on whatever and your arms/ears don't get tired from holding the phone, which also doesn't pick up oil from the side of your head.
    1) Depends on how many people plan to use a holster AND earphones that are for controlling/listening/calling on the phone.
    2) Depends on how many people use a holster leave it there. Again, if someone uses a holster and no earphones, they're bound to drop it just as much as an owner without a holster.
    3) While I would agree with you on this, I have had an OtterBox defender series case for my iPhone. I thoroughly cleaned both the case and the phone prior to putting it on, and when I took the case off 3 months later (as it's not recommended to keep messing with it) my phone and the case was full of random stuff in the speakers, screen area, etc. that required a hard scrub with a microfiber cloth to take off, so that is arguable.
    4) I don't understand this? Because you have it in your pocket or on your body via holster, it will still emit the same amount of radiations assuming if, in my pocket it searches for signal/data/etc., and in your holster it does the same thing. Also, if you're worried about radiation, I highly recommend you put in the research to find out how much more it is magnified (if at all) the exposure is when you walk around making calls/listening to music almost always with your earphones in your ear(since they are connected to the phone emitting such radiation). In the end, the radiation exposure is not enough to fatally harm you.
    5) If my phone is in my right pocket, I don't have to worry about bending it.
    6) This is true and useful but I won't always want to have my earphones in.

Like you said, to each their own, but the way you stated it... maybe you shouldn't be so surprised that no two people use their phones differently, and as you can see I can argue from the way I use my phone on a daily basis.

That being said, I am looking at the OtterBox Commuter/OEM holster, but that's to be determined.
    07-07-13 11:02 PM
    I can't believe this is even a topic. #lame. Front right and change picket if my carharts at work. #cantbelieveianswered.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 11:04 PM
    1) Depends on how many people plan to use a holster AND earphones that are for controlling/listening/calling on the phone.
    2) Depends on how many people use a holster leave it there. Again, if someone uses a holster and no earphones, they're bound to drop it just as much as an owner without a holster.
    3) While I would agree with you on this, I have had an OtterBox defender series case for my iPhone. I thoroughly cleaned both the case and the phone prior to putting it on, and when I took the case off 3 months later (as it's not recommended to keep messing with it) my phone and the case was full of random stuff in the speakers, screen area, etc. that required a hard scrub with a microfiber cloth to take off, so that is arguable.
    4) I don't understand this? Because you have it in your pocket or on your body via holster, it will still emit the same amount of radiations assuming if, in my pocket it searches for signal/data/etc., and in your holster it does the same thing. Also, if you're worried about radiation, I highly recommend you put in the research to find out how much more it is magnified (if at all) the exposure is when you walk around making calls/listening to music almost always with your earphones in your ear(since they are connected to the phone emitting such radiation). In the end, the radiation exposure is not enough to fatally harm you.

Like you said, to each their own, but the way you stated it... maybe you shouldn't be so surprised that no two people use their phones differently, and as you can see I can argue from the way I use my phone on a daily basis.

That being said, I am looking at the OtterBox Commuter/OEM holster, but that's to be determined.
    #4 With the radiation concern only because if you read the safety info booklet that came with the Q10, they say that the phone should be held some inches (don't remember how many) from your body because of radiation while the phone is transmitting. The phone in a holster on your belt is:
    1) further from your body than in a pocket
    2) away from your head....and if I had to pick a cancer I want least it's brain cancer. This may be the biggest bene to using a holster and headset and I'm surprised I left it off the original list I wrote.
    07-07-13 11:13 PM

I do agree with you Rudy about #3, but that's not an issue for me because I'm a clean freak when it come to cell phones....especially after reading a newspaper article about how dirty and germy they can be. I remove my phone from its case at least once every couple of weeks and wipe it down and wash the case and re-assemble. I do that at least a couple of times a month religiously. I had my 9900 for a year and 8 months and it had absolutely no damage from the Otterbox commuter it was always in....which kind of surprised even me!
    07-07-13 11:19 PM
    I do agree with you Rudy about #3, but that's not an issue for me because I'm a clean freak when it come to cell phones....especially after reading a newspaper article about how dirty and germy they can be. I remove my phone from its case at least once every couple of weeks and wipe it down and wash the case and re-assemble. I do that at least a couple of times a month religiously. I had my 9900 for a year and 8 months and it had absolutely no damage from the Otterbox commuter it was always in....which kind of surprised even me!
    I am considering the Commuter for the Q10, and I have a good feeling about it when I see it. I will probably buy both the OEM holster and Commuter and never look at any other cases again, since I would have all the types I need.
    07-07-13 11:22 PM
    Jeans pocket left! I use the soft shell w/holster so with clip facing out!
    Which pocket do you put your Q10 on?-img_00000175.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Jforssblad likes this.
    07-09-13 10:50 AM
    Jeans pocket left! I use the soft shell w/holster so with clip facing out!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000175.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	180723

Posted via CB10
    I like that idea! Copy!

Skickat fr�n min ST27i via Tapatalk 2
    07-09-13 04:04 PM
45 12