OK, I'm not sure where to put this topic so feel free to move it around where it belongs. I searched the forums and if this has been addressed, I apologize because I was exactly sure what to search under!

My computer stopped connecting to my BlackBerry q10 wireless so I needed to do some housekeeping with my music on my SD card. I decided to rock it old school and used the hardwire usb plug. One thing I noticed when I do this is that it causes a huge lag for everyone, including myself on the network. I am positive this is what causes the lag because we tested it on the network several times last night and again this morning. Has anyone experienced this? Perhaps someone can tell me why? I'm rocking a leaked os 1791, I keep hoping that is maybe why this weird thing happens. any USEFUL advice would be great! Have a rockinn' berry day!!

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 11:36 AM
    make no sense that it would slow down your network because you have it plugged usb... You have a network issue, and it's not related to the USB plug at all, trust me on this.

Streaming wifi music maybe, you need a very slow internet connection to see a different, but then you said that you use music that is on your SD Card, which isn't going through wifi, which shouldn't slow down your network.

One thing that could happen is when you plug your phone via usb your phone become the main source of internet (tethering), I really doubt though because you would have to set it up first to make it work.

Your network issue can't be related to your phone unless you are tethering to it.
    10-16-13 12:00 PM
    make no sense that it would slow down your network because you have it plugged usb... You have a network issue, and it's not related to the USB plug at all, trust me on this.

Streaming wifi music maybe, you need a very slow internet connection to see a different, but then you said that you use music that is on your SD Card, which isn't going through wifi, which shouldn't slow down your network.
    I have a fast wifi connection and you're correct, doesn't make sense. I have ruled out Internet connection because we have tested the plugged and unplugged several times. If I turn on the bluetooth on my phone and connect to my laptop, it's impossible to use the Internet on that laptop. Anyway, thanks I will keep searching and testing.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 12:05 PM
    there is a way this could happen, if your usb adapter is conflicting with your network card, but that would only slow you down, not everyone on the network, that's why I said it can't be the usb, but there is always that situation when weird thing could happen.

You said that you are using usb, why not using the wall adapter to charge ? that would be a way if you can't figure out why your pc usb is going crazy on you.
    10-16-13 12:08 PM

You said that you are using usb, why not using the wall adapter to charge ? that would be a way if you can't figure out why your pc usb is going crazy on you.
    I'm only using the usb cord to access my music files on my SD card. I use the power adapter to charge. For some reason, I cannot access my files remotely anymore so I have to kick it old school! Ha

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 12:41 PM