Hi, I need help with the contacts app on my Q10. When ever I change a setting it never changes, I close the app and I have tried restarting the phone hoping the changes will take place but with no luck. It's just the contacts app this is happening with nothing else. Please can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 09:22 PM
    I have issues too. I'm often unable to change them, including unlinking. I also see an issue with my car bluetooth integration (e.g., names will display Smith, John Smith and don't recognize during voice dialing). I do have balance set up via bes10 and have previously merged with contactx.

After z10 battery drain, the contact app and phone apps are my #2 and #3 complaints.

Anyone have ideas? BBRY have a fix? . I'm on 10.2.1.1259.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 10:15 PM
    It's annoying something so simple doesn't work. I hope someone can help.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 09:31 AM
    Yup, same issue for me with the contacts app, but thats just one of several issues I have with my Q10, hardware and software related, that Blackberry just won't help with
    01-18-14 08:54 PM
    I'm on the latest official 10.2 release, and I have had some issues with the contacts app since earlier releases.
    Firstly the theme dark/white would change back and forth. It's set to dark. I haven't fiddled with any other settings.
    Second - and I don't know if it's supposed to be like that since I have the phys keyboard - I have no speed scroll thingy with the alphabet on the side of the screen like my wifes Z10.
    I do however seldom use the app because of instant search, just been annoyed by the above.

Using Q10
    01-21-14 11:20 PM
    I have the same problem as your first, it always changes back to the dark theme. As for the second problem I think that may be just for a Z10 because I don't have that either.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 09:09 AM
    Why don't you try to reload the OS that you have and see what happens. I have other issues too, but I'm on the latest leaked OS, so I guess, I cannot complain much and I'm too lazy to reload the OS.
    01-22-14 09:24 AM
    I tried that about a week ago, I had to completely do a restore but still the same. It's only the contacts app for me that doesn't except changes. I hope maybe this bug will be fixed at some point.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 10:19 AM
    Contacts are a pain in the ****. What I had to do to fix them, was set them up via whatever 3rd party name number, e-mail was being used. For instance if facebook was calling the e-mail a work e-mail. I had to unlink all contacts then save them all as work e-mails then re sync. This is true for numbers and addresses as well. The names are the only thing I was able to change once everything else was synced.

For the car problem. Smith john smith is due to one of the names being inpute incorrectly in the first and last names. When synced it hides it on the phone, but when you seperate all the contacts I suspect you will find the issue.

This is a serious pain, and I hope it gets fixed. Although I have seen iOS people have similar issues when they sync contacts.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    01-22-14 11:42 AM
    Thanks for the feedback! I'd like BlackBerry to create both a phone and desktop utility to manage data quality efficiently across both personal and work spaces. Its a critical capability of their stated target market.

Posted via CB10
    HighFlight88 likes this.
    01-22-14 03:25 PM
    A desktop utility would be a huge help with this particular problem.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    HighFlight88 likes this.
    01-22-14 06:38 PM
    Yes, a critical feature. Everything else has been great, but the Contacts problems have plagued me for several months. I need a way to permanently merge all content for a single person into a single contact. It should be possible then to sync only the relevant info between Gmail, Outlook, BBM, LinkedIn, etc., without continually breaking the single person-single contact relationship. Simply linking contacts does not cut it; in fact, it has led me into quite a mess. A good PC-based utility, along with simple but powerful BB10 contact management system is essential, and needed ASAP.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    tex3523 likes this.
    01-24-14 12:01 AM