Hello,

I am having some issues with BBM, I have had my Q10 for around a week but first i kept getting a message at least every day when i was on bbm saying 'temporary server error' or 'bbm is temporary unavailable'. I then read a post (not on this forum) saying that this glitch might be to do with linking an old bb id to the new bbm. So i did a factory restore on my phone and started from scratch not moving over any of my bbm contacts.

Now when i start bbm and go to suggested contacts none show from my address book, does anyone know how to rectify this because i would really like to add people to bbm.
    Also the one contact i have added their profile picture is not showing up on my bbm.

Any help would be very much appreciated, I am so desperate to get my Q10 running smoothly finally.

Thank you
    05-13-13 02:36 PM
    Hi and first off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to show your device, carrier, and location. Makes it easier for others to help you.

The advice about linking an "old" BBID causing problems is nonsense. The whole point of BBID is to make your BB-related identity transferable between devices.

Delete the new BBID you just made.
    (I haven't changed BBIDs on a BB10 device, so I don't know if a wipe will be required first, but I hope not.)

Next perform a device reset first. (NOT the same as a restart.)
    Hold down top button, for about 30 seconds. Keep pressing it down, ignoring onscreen countdown and restart option, BB splashscreen, black screen, red LED, BB splashscreen again. I keep holding it down until I see the blue startup icon.

Add your "old" BBID again.
    If any issues occur, do another reset by holding down top button again, and see if that fixes things. (Seems to take care of most stuff!)

Post back your results, please. Good luck!
    05-13-13 03:46 PM
    In my suggested section I only get Facebook friends

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 03:52 PM
    Thank you Elite1 for your fast reply here is a link to the article I read http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

I'm not sure why my BlackBerry kept having errors with BlackBerry services my initial Q10 got replaced with another because my service provider thought It was a faulty handset and then now my replacement Q10 started doing it and when I restarted it the bbm then worked but chats were lost. The problem then reoccured until I did a factory restore and started bbm from new with a new bbid.

Is there a way of deleting the new account and adding my old bbid without doing another wipe If you think that it shouldn't be the old bbid causing the problem?

I love my Q10 but am ripping my hair out about the bbm situation because I just want me phone to properly work.

Thank you

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 05:25 PM
    I don't blame you for being frustrated!

First thing is change the BBID.
    From Hub or home screens, swipe down from top and select Settings.
    Select BlackBerry ID from list. (It's ninth in Settings list for me.)
    Tap Edit at bottom bar.
    Delete current contents. Input your original details.
    Tap Back to save. Swipe up and close Settings.

Do a device reset.
    After reboot, things working?

This is how you CB10, son!
    05-13-13 08:13 PM