I've downloaded an avi and mp4 video and when connecting my Q10 to my Plasma via HDMI, it only plays in a small square of my TV and cannot view it full screen or even a little bigger. The same video copied to my Playbook looks way better and is full screen. So I still have to use my Playbook to watch movies on my TV? That sucks. When it's connected to HDMI does it not change the output? Not sure why the Playbook is better.
    05-19-13 07:07 PM
    Did you check the settings under display and HDMI? You need to be connected to a HDMI device to see the options, but you should be able to set it there. I am not near a HDMI tv, but when I tried my Q10 and set the options I think there was a white box to select when playing a video to make it go full screen in the HDMI device.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 07:27 PM
    Did you check the settings under display and HDMI? You need to be connected to a HDMI device to see the options, but you should be able to set it there. I am not near a HDMI tv, but when I tried my Q10 and set the options I think there was a white box to select when playing a video to make it go full screen in the HDMI device.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 08:52 PM
    It's set to 1920 16:9, tried all of the settings but it won't change the video. The white box won't make it go full screen on the TV it just tries and adjust the video to full screen on the BB. I have 2 huge black bars on the TV and the video is only small. The same issue with Netflix movies but I assumed that was because it's an Android app.
    05-19-13 08:53 PM
    It's set to 1920 16:9, tried all of the settings but it won't change the video.
    Is the video in HD?

I may have run into the same problem with streaming videos, but any videos on the SD card could go full screen. The videos I have on the phone are not commercial videos, just ones shot by previous phones and the PlayBook.
    05-19-13 09:00 PM
    It's a 1280x696 mp4 video. My Playbook is works great without having to do anything extra or change any settings.
    05-19-13 09:05 PM
    Click on the three dots, then Play On, then click on HDMI. You should now have it in full screen.

It's not the most intuitive option.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Last edited by Canada Panda; 05-20-13 at 05:46 PM.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    05-19-13 10:03 PM
    Click on the three dots, then Play On, then click on HDMI. You should now have it in full screen.

It's not the most intuitive option.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    05-20-13 06:13 PM
    There is no option like that with the 3 dots while playing a video.
    05-20-13 06:14 PM
    There is only pause, audio and share.
    05-20-13 06:15 PM
    You need to open the file through the Videos app, not the File Manager player.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    05-20-13 07:10 PM
    I really wish this worked automatically, because nobody is able to figure this out.

Took me a while, and just when i was about to give up i tried playing through the video app and saw the options thing (3 dot icon bottom right), tried play on, and i was pretty surprised that it was able to do full screen.

I was coming from the z10 where it was literally plug and play.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 08:41 PM
    So does that mean that anything we stream cannot be in full screen because it's not from the Videos App like Netflix or any other video from a network's website/you tube as well? Why isn't it plug and play?
    05-21-13 08:04 AM
    That is correct, unfortunately. The File Manager movie player might get "Play On" options in the future, but streamed content from a web page cannot do this as it would have to be written into the Flash player.

Streamed content from an app could possibly support this, but it would have to be implemented by the developer. As a workaround for YouTube, you can download the video to your BB10 phone and then play it through the Videos app:
    http://www.blackberryos.com/content/...your-z10-5867/

It would be easier if they gave us the option of having the Z10 landscape resolution while connected to HDMI, just that we'd need to pan left and right on the Q10 screen. That would allow full 16:9 everything on the connected TV/projector screen.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    05-21-13 08:43 AM
    I use this functionality on my Playbook all the time but I have no hope of this OS ever being upgraded. It's a shame that it can't detect the size of the screen I'm connected to when connected to HDMI and adjust accordingly.
    05-21-13 09:07 AM
    It can definitely detect the size of the screen it is connected to, the programmers have just decided to keep the 1:1 aspect ratio so that apps remain the most usable on the phone. Switching to 16:9 would mean we lose the sides of the screen on the Q10 and other fixed-resolution apps (games, etc.) designed for the Q10 may not function properly.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    05-21-13 09:42 AM
    Thanks for this posting this, at least I'm able to watch some videos this way - but this is no good for productivity, such as in DocsToGo presentations....
    06-16-13 10:59 PM
    Just ran into this issue last night while buying a movie through the app store. As it was downloading, it would only render as the size of my Q10 screen on my TV. Had to wait for it to fully download before I could make the manual mod in the video player to fill my TV.

Not a big deal, but kinda annoying. It would seem to be something that could be corrected rather easily. Does anyone know if a change for this is coming down the pipe any time soon?

Posted via CB10
    08-31-13 05:36 AM
    What sites could I stream from for free?
    Like tube plus?
    would it be safe of viruses?
    any suggestions would be nice!
    11-13-13 05:23 PM