Try checking your Android Apps that are running in the background by entering the Android settings. Click on all apps listed and see if it's running (i.e., "force close" is not greyed out). Also, slide to the right until you find the apps running list. There you can see the duration at which an app is running. You might discover what I discovered. You'll even see the links they have in "Accounts" there. I highly doubt it is the radio bar file. Lastly, you might find how invasive the Amazon Appstore and other Amazon Android apps really are to the Android Runtime Environment on BB10.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10 on AT&T
    Android settings? I noticed the screenshot above. Is this something available in 10.3?

emPowered by ?
    09-04-14 06:34 AM
    Those Android apps are not native BlackBerry apps and therefor operate through the Runtime environment. That's just BEGGING for problems, especially battery problems.
    ThunderShock2005 likes this.
    09-04-14 09:16 AM
    Android settings? I noticed the screenshot above. Is this something available in 10.3?

emPowered by ?
    No. I downloaded an app that has a gateway to the android settings. They've always been there. Back in Playbook OS, you could download an android theme and then access the settings. I used something else for that this time around. "Smart Quick Settings". Oddly enough, I actually go to the "date and time" settings on that to access the full Android settings lol. Also oddly enough, I actually force close that app on the Android settings because otherwise, it itself runs continuously. Hahaha and then force close Android settings on Android settings! Lol

09-04-14 02:27 PM
    Those Android apps are not native BlackBerry apps and therefor operate through the Runtime environment. That's just BEGGING for problems, especially battery problems.
    I agree. We can uninstall Amazon Appstore on Android settings, but I'm not sure if I should. Lol

09-04-14 02:27 PM
    No. I downloaded an app that has a gateway to the android settings. They've always been there. Back in Playbook OS, you could download an android theme and then access the settings. I used something else for that this time around. "Smart Quick Settings". Oddly enough, I actually go to the "date and time" settings on that to access the full Android settings lol. Also oddly enough, I actually force close that app on the Android settings because otherwise, it itself runs continuously. Hahaha and then force close Android settings on Android settings! Lol

Ah, ok. I found the .apk for the android settings app on the device while using a 3rd party file manager and had the option to install it. No thanks. Lol.

But like what's already been said, the fact that these apps run like wildfire on our BlackBerry devices is annoying - especially when BlackBerry is trying to push the consumer to Amazon.

I only have 2 *coughandroidcough* apps on my Q10 - Aralon (feeding my RPG addiction and an awesome game to boot) and Amazon app store. I haven't seen any crazy behaviour yet so I'm not too worried and I don't plan on installing any more Android apps.

Back on topic: I also made sure I set my email sync settings to manual and have been good while using the push feature.

emPowered by ?
    ThunderShock2005 likes this.
    09-04-14 02:51 PM
    This should be recognizable when all mail (and social) accounts in the Hub are completely off, perhaps over night. But I'm sceptic. No. My Z30 (10.2) allows to have Push on and a polling interval at the same time. Both self-contradictory options are available and I had indeed the fact that my data consumption decreased a lot when I manually turned off polling because Push works fine.
    Ah. The 10.2 software. I have 10.3 and it greys out the manual when push is on.

But yes. The android apps running on Accounts. Looking hard into it, it looks like this is something BlackBerry needs to look into. Also, force closing on Device Control does not actually force close the app. This was something I also found out and was frankly mortifying.

09-04-14 03:03 PM
    Ah. The 10.2 software. I have 10.3 and it greys out the manual when push is on.

I have 10.3 and the manual is not necessarily greyed out if push on: for my GMail account, I can enable both (just tried turning to manual though and emails still coming in) but for my work Exchange account on Office365, polling is greyed out if push enabled.
    09-04-14 03:39 PM
    Ah, ok. I found the .apk for the android settings app on the device while using a 3rd party file manager and had the option to install it. No thanks. Lol.
    Try this one: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...l#post10790684
    Made by a highly respected android guru on these forums. Nice shortcut to the android settings.
    09-04-14 03:42 PM
    In my case, I did not installed any android app but it still happened so I made 2 solutions:
    - wipe the os again. Everything got back to normal
    - upgrade to another leak os (10.3) and it immediately worked
    The same issue and solution for my friend using Q10

Posted via CrackBerry App
    09-07-14 05:57 AM
    Another update, staying good, after another full day the Z30 had 65% remaining and PIM was quiet most the time.

Evidence over here suggests a PIM problem with one set of contacts.

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    09-07-14 07:11 AM
    Here's my stats for the past 48hrs

I feel as though the most recent update from Sprint isn't as efficient, but I don't really have anything substantial to compare it to.

PIM eating up too much battery-img_20140907_092334.png
    PIM eating up too much battery-img_20140907_092351.png

emPowered by ?
    09-07-14 08:27 AM

I feel as though the most recent update from Sprint isn't as efficient, but I don't really have anything substantial to compare it to.

emPowered by ?
    What phone?m

09-07-14 08:40 AM
    What phone?m

Q10

emPowered by ?
    09-07-14 08:43 AM
    If I may, don't charge your phone when there is 25% left. Wait for the last drop of juice. Buying a second battery to swap it's a good idea...
    09-07-14 11:41 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140907_092334.png 
Views:	201 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	296309
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140907_092351.png 
Views:	200 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	296310

emPowered by ?
    Oh no. That does NOT look right at all.

09-07-14 07:08 PM
    I should let you all know that what I did to the Android apps--stopped them and uninstalled those which open spontaneously--is still working for my Q10.

My battery life has improved even greater since I got a leather holster yesterday. Holster mode makes my battery life skyrocket!

09-07-14 07:10 PM
    Guys, I think I figured it out. Reference the screenshots I had posted above.

Now check this out:

Attachment 295392

It's this app. Check out the hours. They line up well. And possibly other Android apps running in the background. I think they're taking information from our BB10 PIM. Or perhaps they have "Accounts" access now, which makes BB10 think they're part of PIM. Lastly, looking at Viber's permission, it could be it's In-App Billing too.

I've been noticing that the Amazon Appstore and the Kindle App are running continuously as well. I keep force closing these Android Apps right from the Android settings, because we can't seem to be able to force close on the Device Control menu on BB10, but they find their way back on in a few hours every day somehow.

Anyhow, I think this 10.3 build is letting Android do more than what it is supposed to. I'm uninstalling that Viber now, which btdubs I got from the Amazon Appstore. I'll let you folks know if I see any changes. If not, I think I'll uninstall all sideloaded apps and try to take out the Amazon stuff too.

Posted via CB10
    Hi, thank you for your analysis. I think the problem is not Viber. I use Viber very often and I have never seen any battery drain. Also in my device monitor Viber is shown separately and PIM is shown separately. I don't think BB10 mistakes Viber for PIM services.
    10-15-14 08:45 AM
    See other post

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 04:38 PM
    you can close all the permission to access BBM in apps, then the battery can last longer. After that setting my battery last for one more day.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-14 07:54 AM
44 12