Hello CB community,

I recently took several pictures for work and they became corrupted and after restarting my phone they are completely gone. They save to the SD card and this problem seems to be very recent. 5 songs downloaded from BlackBerry World have done the same thing going to the SD.

Any suggestions on how to prevent this? Is there any app to check the SD to see if it is faulty?

Thanks in advance,

Felipe

Posted using my Q10 workhorse
    10-09-13 05:32 PM
    Try to double check if your card is fault by taking it out and inserting to the computer. If the computer can't read it, that means the card becomes faulty. Way to prevent losing your photos again is to upload them immediately to cloud drive like dropbox after taking them!

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 07:21 PM
    Thank you!

Posted using my Q10 workhorse
    10-10-13 08:02 AM
    I have about 1500 pictures on an 8G media card that I use in my beloved Blackberry 9720. I can transfer pix one by one to iPhoto using Bluetooth (my laptop is a MacBook Air), but I can't transfer them in bulk. I can see them on the media card when I insert in the MacBook directly. The problem is pictures that have an extension ".rem" (e.g. District 17 Chillum-20140727-01075.jpg.rem). My Mac says there is no program to open them. I tried deleting the .rem extension, but the file can't be read as a jpg file. Last but not least, when I try to bulk download using BlackBerry synch software, it tells me that Synch services are not turned on on this machine, and as we all know, the Mac OS X Maverick has removed that option. What to do? I have urgent need to download about 200 pix, and hope to heaven I don't have to send them individually via bluetooth!
    11-10-14 04:01 PM
    The .rem extension is clear. You choose to activate encryption on your SD card. You can only access the content through the phone. BlackBerry Link installs the correct driver. When started, it mounts the internal memory and the SD card storage and can decrypt your files on the fly.

You have also the solution to deactivate the encryption for your SD card, wait for it to decrypt and pull the SD card to copy the files with another reader.
    11-10-14 04:39 PM