Relying on a touchscreen to hang up the phone is very inconvenient. Just pick a key - I don't care which one it is....gimme a button to hang up the phone with please!! How hard would this be? I do love this phone and I feel like it's got great potential. But there are the everyday functions...the easy common things (like hanging up the phone) that sometimes are needlessly difficult to accomplish and drive me nuts the most. Maybe (hopefully) there's a shortcut to hanging up the phone that I'm not aware of? Does anyone else see that the mere fact that I'm looking for a shortcut to hang up the phone is a problem in itself?
    nevetsbold likes this.
    08-26-13 02:12 PM
    Personally.. i'm not sure why using a random key is any easier then using the end button on the screen.. BUT i also don't see why that can't be an option for those that want it..

Good suggestion.. hopefully in a future build custom keyboard shortcuts will be an option!

This guy is still hoping keyboard shortcuts in some form come to the Z10.. we are able to 2 thumb swipe up the keyboard on any screen.. so why not have the instant actions, and other keyboard goodies on the virtual keys?
    08-26-13 02:31 PM
    I'm with the OP. The Q10 is pretty much perfect, though after years of having an End key, I do miss having a physical button to press on to hang up.

It's not that touching the End "button" on the screen is hard, but every time I hangup, I'm not 100% sure I've hit End on the screen. With my old BlackBerrys, I KNEW that by hitting that End key, I'd for sure hung up.

Having a full qwerty keyboard is the main reason people buy Q10s, so I think we should be given as much added functionality as possible.
    08-26-13 02:58 PM
    Personally.. i'm not sure why using a random key is any easier then using the end button on the screen.. BUT i also don't see why that can't be an option for those that want it..

Good suggestion.. hopefully in a future build custom keyboard shortcuts will be an option!

This guy is still hoping keyboard shortcuts in some form come to the Z10.. we are able to 2 thumb swipe up the keyboard on any screen.. so why not have the instant actions, and other keyboard goodies on the virtual keys?
    I appreciate your support on this. Just to explain further, it's not that I have trouble finding the button on the screen. It's that I'm frequently consulting email info or remember info while I'm on the phone with whomever....and then when the conversation's over I'm stuck on the phone while I navigate back to the call screen before I can hang up. The problem is compounded when leaving a voice mail message...because you know that machine is extending the message while you're trying to figure out how to end the call. Kind of a funny situation there...which actually happened to me just today.
    08-26-13 03:43 PM
    I appreciate your support on this. Just to explain further, it's not that I have trouble finding the button on the screen. It's that I'm frequently consulting email info or remember info while I'm on the phone with whomever....and then when the conversation's over I'm stuck on the phone while I navigate back to the call screen before I can hang up. The problem is compounded when leaving a voice mail message...because you know that machine is extending the message while you're trying to figure out how to end the call. Kind of a funny situation there...which actually happened to me just today.
    See now what you are describing will be a problem though.. I could see a setting that allowed you to set a key to end the call while in the phone app.. but if you want that shortcut to work while in other apps.. how do you deal with what that button was already supposed to do? Lets say you assign the end call to the A key.. then you hop over to remember and type a note about the call you're on.. the note inevitably includes the letter A and the call hangs up..

Just playing devil's advocate here.. how do you propose it be implemented to work correctly? what key would you use?
    08-26-13 04:16 PM
    +1 I want my home keyboard shortcuts back.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 04:47 PM
    I am usually on bluetooth so no physical "End" button is no biggie. All I miss really is the ability to access the call log while in the middle of a conversation. And to be honest, I'm kinda jealous of the Z owners because of the fat numbers that appear on their simple password option.

SQN 100-1/B@stard 10.2.0.1323/.810
    08-26-13 08:57 PM
    See now what you are describing will be a problem though.. I could see a setting that allowed you to set a key to end the call while in the phone app.. but if you want that shortcut to work while in other apps.. how do you deal with what that button was already supposed to do? Lets say you assign the end call to the A key.. then you hop over to remember and type a note about the call you're on.. the note inevitably includes the letter A and the call hangs up..

Just playing devil's advocate here.. how do you propose it be implemented to work correctly? what key would you use?
    Yes I thought of this exact issue myself. Given this consideration, I think the top button would probably be the best to end a call whenever you're on the phone no matter what app happens to be open. I do see exactly what you're saying, though. We don't have many buttons to choose from anymore. Maybe they could make it a rare sequence you could type one-handed...such as t-y-t. You could turn that into an acronym for Terminate Your Telephone or some such nonsense
    08-26-13 10:03 PM
    +1 on the top button, I also do lots of muti-tasking while on the phone, it's not a huge problem if the person hangs up first but if they stay on the line it's annoying.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 10:14 PM
    The top button could work.. so long as it's a user selectible option to turn that trigger on/off as some would find it too easy to end calls by mistake.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 11:04 PM
    Related to this, it really annoying when the other person hangs up and the phone app takes over the screen again.

And also when dialing, if you exit the phone app right when it's dialing, it takes over again when connected.

I exited it for a reason!

And the top button suggestion is great to hand up.

Even something like a long press on a volume key or the mute button would work.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 05:51 AM
    Related to this, it really annoying when the other person hangs up and the phone app takes over the screen again.

And also when dialing, if you exit the phone app right when it's dialing, it takes over again when connected.

I exited it for a reason!

And the top button suggestion is great to hand up.

Even something like a long press on a volume key or the mute button would work.

Posted via CB10
    +1 on everything here. Just to add...wouldn't it be helpful if the phone app screen showed not only who you were connected to, but the specific number too. I can recall more than a few times wondering which number I dialed for someone while the phone is ringing, but not being able to get that info. Related to that, I'm also a little disappointed in the options for type of number in contacts app. Why is there no work 2 option? Better yet, wouldn't it be great if you could label the numbers yourself! For example "receptionist" or "secratary" or "direct line" or "shipping" This would be extremely helpful for business contacts.
    08-27-13 10:25 AM