My BlackBerry Q10 has turned itself off twice without my interference (battery at 13% the first time; and then around 30% the second time). Does anyone know if it's a glitch, a hardware/battery issue, or something else? Or has anyone experienced this before? It's barely 13 months old. Not very enthused!

I haven't looked at the forums for answers to this question yet; but I believe I did see an issue similar to this somewhere else on the site, a while ago, during my travels. If anyone could help, that would be great!

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 09:27 AM
    I had a similar problem, which also including rebooting when taking out of the holster or waking by swiping up. It turned out to be the battery. I had a charge bundle and when I used the new battery from the charge bundle, the problem went away.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-06-14 09:43 AM
    How old was your phone when this problem occurred? The battery became faulty with my 9780, but that was when it was around 2 years old. How much does it cost for a new battery? Any recommendations? I know that retail-wise, Rogers was going to charge me quite a bit for a 9780 battery, so I can only imagine the price of this one!

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 09:47 AM
    Most likely a battery issue. What you can do is re-calibrate your battery. Charge it full then use it as usual. At 20%, drain it slowly by playing music (draining the device faster by opening any app that connects to the Internet or playing games will make it shutdown prematurely). Be sure that it will shut down at 0%. After that, charge it normally until it charges to a 100%. Remember not to use the device while it is still charging. I hope this workaround (tested on STL1) will work on your Q10 too.
    06-06-14 09:48 AM
    How old was your phone when this problem occurred? The battery became faulty with my 9780, but that was when it was around 2 years old. How much does it cost for a new battery? Any recommendations? I know that retail-wise, Rogers was going to charge me quite a bit for a 9780 battery, so I can only imagine the price of this one!

Posted via CB10
    The phone was about a 11 months old when it started. Rogers suggested a software reload and that didn't seem to help, as the phone would randomly reboot some times. Finally I it happened a bunch of times on a weekend and it was then when I decided to try the other battery.

I bought the charge bundle from Bestbuy some time this winter. It was on sale for about $25. The regular price is about $50.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-06-14 10:18 AM
    The phone was about a 11 months old when it started. Rogers suggested a software reload and that didn't seem to help, as the phone would randomly reboot some times. Finally I it happened a bunch of times on a weekend and it was then when I decided to try the other battery.

I bought the charge bundle from Bestbuy some time this winter. It was on sale for about $25. The regular price is about $50.

Crackberry has the battery and the charge bundles on sale now.

BlackBerry N-X1 2100mAh Standard Battery (ACC-53785-101) for Q10 | BlackBerry Batteries | CrackBerry Canada
    06-06-14 10:20 AM