All,

I have a Q10 user in my fleet reporting an issue in which his phone doesn't ring, but he is getting Voicemail. Example, this morning from 730am to 900am he was being called, but his phone didn?t ring, Voicemail just piled up.

The phone was not in bedside mode.

Q10
    OS 10.2.1.1925 (downloaded OTA from Telus)
    TELUS

Anyone heard of this? I have several users combining of this and have seen it myself on both my Z10 and Z30. I suspect this is a Telus issue, but am hitting dead ends with them. We switched from Rogers last summer, but didn't have this issue with Rogers, at least it was never reported.

Posted via CB 10 on my Z30 (STA100-5) w 10.2.1.2141
    03-14-14 03:29 PM
    There are a few simple things you can check to identify the problem area.

1. If the caller hears more than about 5 seconds of ring tone before the voicemail message it is likely the problem is in call forward settings, or the audible and visible call alerts are failing. If the call goes to vm immediately, or after only a single ring tone either the phone is busy on a call (setup call waiting?), or is off the network (no signal, etc), or set to forward all calls immediately to vm. Remember voicemail is configured from the phone, but implemented at the network.

2. Total failure of all incoming calls could be a configuration and provisioning problem at the network.

3. Check the phone's call log. If it got a call but failed to alert the user it should still log a missed call. No missed calls means the call was intercepted by the network and sent to voicemail, it never reached the device.
    andy957 likes this.
    03-14-14 05:24 PM
    This happens on my Z30. Sometimes I get two quick vibrations and them it goes direct to voice mail showing the missed call and other times I get a voice mail notification and nothing else. Annoying to say the least and lately has been happening all the time....

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 05:21 PM
    I think it may have been the app power tools.... there is a feature that allows you to wave to ignore a call and it sends it straight to voice mail. I completely deleted the app then made sure that feature was turned off. I also bought a new sim card tonight. I hope the problem is fixed. Will report back in a week or so.... maybe that is thread starters problem as well....

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 08:20 PM
    It happens to me due to the poor WiFi and Network connection in the back of my house.

Sent from my Q10 or Z10.
    05-17-14 01:39 PM
    Well either re installing power tools or a new sim fixed it for me. Hasn't happened since....

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 06:46 AM
    Telus has since suggested network congestion is the issue and a tech I spoke to yesterday says something was done to resolve it. Time will tell.

Posted via CB 10 on my Z30 (STA100-5) w 10.2.1.3175
    06-13-14 01:25 AM
    Telus has since suggested network congestion is the issue and a tech I spoke to yesterday says something was done to resolve it. Time will tell.

Posted via CB 10 on my Z30 (STA100-5) w 10.2.1.3175
    I am on Rogers(corporate) and the rest of the family is on Telus. I don't know when did you talk with their tech, but it happened more than twice yesterday that I was able to catch the family only on the second or the third attempt

Posted on CB10 via Amazing BlackBerry (don'care which BlackBerry as long as it is BlackBerry)
    06-13-14 01:43 AM
    I am on Rogers(corporate) and the rest of the family is on Telus. I don't know when did you talk with their tech, but it happened more than twice yesterday that I was able to catch the family only on the second or the third attempt

Posted on CB10 via Amazing BlackBerry (don'care which BlackBerry as long as it is BlackBerry)
    Yes, I suspect that was some corporate messaging they are pushing. I have never had this issue on my ROGERS iPhone. Only seen and reported on Telus BlackBerry and android devices.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 05:57 PM
    Im on rogers normal not corp and this has been happening for a couple days now.
    James Blight likes this.
    09-04-14 09:20 AM
    Apparently my phone does not ring if the screen is lit and/or i am using the handset for whatever reason (e-mail or whatever). If the screen is dark, the phone rings. Now that I have figured it out, I don't know how to change it so it always rings when the screen is lit...
    01-13-15 12:33 AM
    Probably a dumb thing to say, but are you sure you have not clicked on the "Network" symbol from the drop down menu?. Some people mistake it for mobile data off. Its next to wifi on off switch
    01-13-15 08:34 AM