Hi all,

So I've been loving my passport s.e for a good six months now but lately been playing around with my q10. The more I tinker with it the more I want to insert the sim card back in it and give it another spin. However I have a new keyboard I've yet to put in it to fix 2 buttons that don't work.

My second gripe is its running 10.2 on tmo as oppose to my passport which runs 10.3 which imo is much much better. I just feel the OS works flawlessly on a smaller screen as oppose to the bigger screen you get with the pp. Am I the only one who feels it's better designed to run better on smaller screens?

In any case ideally I'd like to fix the keyboard and update the q10 to 10.3. Does anyone know if 10.3 runs as good as it does on the passport? Will I notice any difference in speed or stability or experience any issues like that? How bout adapting to the smaller screen again or keyboard? Has anyone gone back an forth between phones, if so share your experiences. I'd like to have an idea of what to expect. Obviously I could just insert sim card back to pp but as I mentioned I'm looking to hopefully update to 10.3 on the q10 if it's possible so look at it from that angle.

I really love the design of both phones but there's something about the q10 I find very unique. I just wish it had a capacitive keyboard like the pp. That would make it the perfect phone. Aside from massive screen size difference I'd say that's the one thing it'll be hard to go without since I've gotten use to flicking up words right from the pp keyboard.

Help!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by djchrisluna; 04-12-16 at 02:45 AM.
    04-12-16 02:18 AM
    Hi all,

So I've been loving my passport s.e for a good six months now but lately been playing around with my q10. The more I tinker with it the more I want to insert the sim card back in it and give it another spin. However I have a new keyboard I've yet to put in it to fix 2 buttons that don't work.

My second gripe is its running 10.2 on tmo as oppose to my passport which runs 10.3 which imo is much much better. I just feel the OS works flawlessly on a smaller screen as oppose to the bigger screen you get with the pp. Am I the only one who feels it's better designed to run better on smaller screens?

In any case ideally I'd like to fix the keyboard and update the q10 to 10.3. Does anyone know if 10.3 runs as good as it does on the passport? Will I notice any difference in speed or stability or experience any issues like that? How bout adapting to the smaller screen again? Has anyone gone back an forth between phones, if so share your experiences. I'd like to have an idea of what to expect. Obviously I could just insert sim card back to pp but as I mentioned I'm looking to hopefully update to 10.3 on the q10 if it's possible so look at it from that angle.

I really love the design of both phones but there's something about the q10 I find very unique. I just wish it had a capacitive keyboard like the pp. That would make it the perfect phone.

Posted via CB10
    I'm owning both the PP SE and the Q10 and they are lovely devices that's why I'm using both in certain situations.
    Also I have both of them updated to the latest OS and as far I'm having no problems, no bugs, no lags at all. If you compare both devices by speed the Passport is always running faster than the Q10 but I guess that is obvious.
    The Q10 is a nice, well-built small device as you already said with a small screen which fit in your bag / your hand perfectly. Also peeking the hub while on any screen is much easier to do with one hand (if you have small hands)
    The swapable battery is always a plus and yeah the screen on this little device is really pretty I admit.
    But that's it if you speak about handiness.
    My solution would be to get both phones since you already own a PP SE and the Q10 is quite cheap nowadays.
    The transition from the PP screen to the Q10's screen is a big move though you'll need to get used to it because I prefer a larger screen and the Q10's screen is a tad too small imo. But since I'm using it for phoning and texting and a bit web-browsing only, it's fine.
    But I agree, a Q10 with a touch-keyboard and a bigger screen would be the perfect device for some of us

posted via CB10 on my Passport SE
    Q10Bold likes this.
    04-12-16 02:43 AM
    I actually own the The q10 already but left it a little over half a year ago for the PP.se since it started double typing. I have a new keyboard I've yet to install and haven't updated the little phone for fear of bricking it or something. I love the size of the Q10 but love the differentiating features of the PP, mainly the keyboard with its flick gestures. Do you go back to missing that and the massive type space when u go back to the q10?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 02:49 AM
    I actually own the The q10 already but left it a little over half a year ago for the PP.se since it started double typing. I have a new keyboard I've yet to install and haven't updated the little phone for fear of bricking it or something. I love the size of the Q10 but love the differentiating features of the PP, mainly the keyboard with its flick gestures. Do you go back to missing that and the massive type space when u go back to the q10?

Posted via CB10
    Ya I often find myself trying to flick a word on the keyboard or to move my fingers through it trying to scroll or activate and move the cursor through the text when returning to the Q10
    If I have to type larger texts I rather prefer to use the SE since typing on it is way more convenient, fluent, faster and the experience is imho better generally.
    The Q10 in comparison is a device which I rather prefer to get little things done quickly since it's a one handed device. Means if I have to type smaller replies, social media stuff related, answering phone calls or just need to check something quickly while sitting in a car driving I'd choose a Q10 over the Passport.
    The PP SE is a two-handed device and since you've already used it, you should know what it can handle.
    You don't brick anything when updating with the native BBOS updates.
    If it happens that you dislike the newest update for some reason, you always have the option to dowgrade.

posted via CB10 on my Passport SE
    04-12-16 06:27 AM
    I find myself putting my sim (you need an adapter) back in my Q10 it's just a great little device and just feels right in my hands. I do like the bigger screen on my Passport but still find myself drawn to the Q10. I have both devices on the latest OS and both work fine. I do find myself trying to swipe on the Q10 keyboard a lot?

Rocking the awesome Z30,Q10 and the super awesome passport.
    04-12-16 06:39 AM
    Hi all,

Posted via CB10
    I prefer 10.2.xxxx over 10.3.xxxx because with the former the notifications volume was loud enough to be heard in a noisy environment. Whereas with10.3 the notification volume is just loud enough to hear inside my home.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    04-12-16 07:38 AM
    I prefer 10.2.xxxx over 10.3.xxxx because with the former the notifications volume was loud enough to be heard in a noisy environment. Whereas with10.3 the notification volume is just loud enough to hear inside my home.

Was that issue ever fixed? Any other differences I'll notice?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 02:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not everyone has this issue though.
    My Q10 never had any problems with notification volumes on 10.3.2.
    Loud and clear as to be expected

Posted via my Q10, 10.3.2.2876
    04-13-16 03:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not as of yet and it doesn't appear likely to be addressed in the future. As other people say, this issue does not appear to affect everyone (which is strange in itself), but it does affect a large number of devices and their owners. There are threads about the notifications volume in these forums. Check them out.

04-13-16 05:55 PM
    I have both Q10 an PP as well. They are both great devices. I keep the sim card on my Q10 and use PP for internet browsing mainly. The funny thing is when I switched back to Q10 after have been using PP, I found myself trying to scroll down using the keyboard until I realized that I was actually using Q10 LOL. So yeah, I agree with some of the members here, that Q10 with a capacitive enabled would be just great.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-16 08:39 AM
    I went back to the Q10. I had 3 different PPS and a Classic. The Q10 is the one for me as along as I can still get my apps. The Pearl 9100 was my absolute favorite. But the Q10 is a very close second.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    04-17-16 08:02 PM
    But you can actually scroll up and down and back up the screen using Q10 keyboard...

Posted via CB10
    04-17-16 10:24 PM
    I went back to the Q10.

Form factor is too good when compared to the other BB10 phones I have (Z30, Passport, Classic).

Compact and bullet-proof is where it's at for me, and the sound is better and louder than the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 01:49 AM
    But you can actually scroll up and down and back up the screen using Q10 keyboard...

Posted via CB10
    Yes, definitely, by using spacebar for scroll down and spacebar + up arrow for scroll up. What I meant was scrolling down by swiping down the keyboard as you would on PP.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 04:20 AM
    Yes, definitely, by using spacebar for scroll down and spacebar + up arrow for scroll up. What I meant was scrolling down by swiping down the keyboard as you would on PP.

Posted via CB10
    Awesome feature. Just discovered it. Praying for a future version with a capacitive keyboard with gestures

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 07:22 PM
    Not aware of scroll + up arrow, but I press P to go a step back up then space bar or N to go down.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 10:13 PM

In any case ideally I'd like to fix the keyboard and update the q10 to 10.3. Does anyone know if 10.3 runs as good as it does on the passport? Will I notice any difference in speed or stability or experience any issues like that? How bout adapting to the smaller screen again or keyboard? Has anyone gone back an forth between phones, if so share your experiences. I'd like to have an idea of what to expect. Obviously I could just insert sim card back to pp but as I mentioned I'm looking to hopefully update to 10.3 on the q10 if it's possible so look at it from that angle.

Posted via CB10
    I own a locked T-Mobile branded Q10 and can confirm that loading 10.3.2 from sachesi works like a dream. If you get a certain build, WiFi calling will even work I've heard (same build # that classic used when introducing WiFi calling on tmo). Between 10.3.2 and a new keyboard it will breathe new life into your Q.

 C L A S S I C
    04-23-16 07:42 PM
    I like the Q10 because it is easily serviceable. It seems that both phones will double type, but with a Q10, you can at least swap the keyboards very easily.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-16 07:54 PM
    I'm actually about to buy a new white factory unlocked q10. I'm curious since it's factory unlocked will it automatically update to 10.3?? Anyone else have the white one running 10.3?

Posted via CB10
    04-23-16 08:22 PM
    I'm actually about to buy a new white factory unlocked q10. I'm curious since it's factory unlocked will it automatically update to 10.3?? Anyone else have the white one running 10.3?

Posted via CB10
    I got one since 2 months with still 10.2. I did the upgrade and everything is working in perfect way!! I love this device. Sometimes when I am on photos mood I use the Leap...another great device!!

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 01:47 PM