hi in my previous 9900 i can set my own contact in BBM and Contacts
    what i mean is my own personal contact entry such as my own number and address
    but i can't seems to find a way to do this on the Q10
    can anyone help ?
    thx
    ukmight likes this.
    06-27-13 03:01 AM
    This is no longer supported in BB10
    06-27-13 03:10 AM
    so i can;t associate my own bb PIN to my own contact ?
    06-27-13 03:37 AM
    Not a perfect solution, but you can add your number here: settings/security and privacy / sim card/ edit phone number.
    If you fill your phone number there, later you can see it in the phone app (scroll to the top - above the voice mail and the quick contacts -)
    06-27-13 03:55 AM
    Nope. Have tried several times, but just won't save the PIN to my contact.

I copied the pin and tried to edit my contact card manually. Added BlackBerry Pin category and pasted the pin. Tapped Save, BUT Q10 simply won't show my BB Pin on my Contact card (don't know why).
    06-27-13 04:09 AM
    Not a perfect solution, but you can add your number here: settings/security and privacy / sim card/ edit phone number.
    If you fill your phone number there, later you can see it in the phone app (scroll to the top - above the voice mail and the quick contacts -)
    That works if you just want to give someone your contact number and you recite it to them after reading it from that location (in case you can't remember your number).

What the OP (and perhaps others, definitely myself) want is to create a CONTACT with all of our own details (for sharing with others as a vcf easily).
    My contact card shows my numbers, email ids, twitter handle, website url etc. (Some people even include b'day and anniversaries). I would also like it to include my BB Pin. So, if someone asks for my contact details, I simply email this vcf to them. It is convenient.

I could do it on my 9900. Can't understand why I can't do it on the Q10. Not THAT big a deal though.
    06-27-13 04:14 AM
    hi in my previous 9900 i can set my own contact in BBM and Contacts
    what i mean is my own personal contact entry such as my own number and address
    but i can't seems to find a way to do this on the Q10
    can anyone help ?
    thx
    I am sorry I misunderstood your question earlier thinking you wanted to add your Pin to your BBM as a contact.

I can add my pin to my contacts on my Z10. Not sure why you can't do it on Q10. Since the contacts are associated with a card Dev account such as Gmail, it takes a few seconds before it is updated on the device. Make sure your Card Dev account is online by checking accounts in settings.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    06-27-13 04:21 AM
    You should be able to do that.

06-27-13 04:26 AM
    I am sorry I misunderstood your question earlier thinking you wanted to add your Pin to your BBM as a contact.

I can add my pin to my contacts on my Z10. Not sure why you can't do it on Q10. Since the contacts are associated with a card Dev account such as Gmail, it takes a few seconds before it is updated on the device. Make sure your Card Dev account is online by checking accounts in settings.

I have tried repeatedly to edit my contact card. If I enter ANY OTHER PIN, it will save and display. BUT if I enter my own pin, it doesn't display..

Perhaps I should add, I am trying to edit my contact card on the device. It is synced with my gmail account (I didn't set up Card Dev account manually/advanced, just checked off on sync email, contacts calendar in the routine set up).
    Last edited by L o r d R a j; 06-27-13 at 04:47 AM.
    06-27-13 04:36 AM