I have a huge problem and I'm really hoping someone can help me. I just backed up everything with BlackBerry Link, synced all my files, then performed the OS upgrade on BlackBerry Link on my desktop. Everything went as expected and most of my stuff was still on my BlackBerry after the OS upgrade, except for all of my contacts are now missing/deleted, and I cannot access any emails, my wifi doesn't work, Bluetooth doesn't work, and a few other things. I figured, no problem, I'll just restore everything from backup on BlackBerry Link, but now it "doesn't recognize my device" and the only option I have is to restore my Q10 to factory settings. I tried literally everything I can think of to avoid this... and even if I did restore to factory, would I even be able to use the restore function and my previously saved file to get 10 years of contacts back on my phone? I cannot use blackberry protect to restore anything either. I tried that too. I cannot get anything higher than a 3g signal after the "upgrade" so can't get anything but voice service now. I'm dead in the water.

I don't want to restore my settings to factory without being able to get everything back, under any circumstances. If I'm screwed and lost all of my contacts, just shoot it to me straight so I can move on. Thanks in advance!
    05-08-14 12:12 AM
    Try first restarting your phone by pressing the Power button then tap Restart, or press and hold it until the BlackBerry logo and typeface appears. Note that the second option will turn OFF your device so you need to press and hold it again to turn it ON. If your contacts are saved on your Yahoo!, Outlook contacts, it shouldn't be a problem. Just add the account and it will simply repopulate. If the problem still persists, I suggest finding the latest autoloader available for your particular device. Installing a fresh OS using this method will wipe your device (you already performed a backup before so I don't think its needed here).
    05-08-14 12:24 AM
    Thanks Ron. Turned out to be a problem that wasn't able to be fixed. The radios for the Bluetooth and WiFi were fried, so after returning to factory settings, it couldn't be reactivated on the Sprint network, basically making it completely useless. Sprint replaced it for free, and the new device works perfectly after loading my saved data/apps onto it from backup. It was a cluster. Was without a working phone for a week. All good now though. I still love my BlackBerry, but there is nothing worse than doing an OS upgrade on a BB. Always a nightmare, but this one was particularly brutal.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-14 09:53 AM