Realising the blog/venue/forum I am posting to, I am here not as fanboy basher, but rather I am in need of opinions.

Over the last few months, I have been on the search for a new phone. The easiest and most convenient transition would be going from my iPhone 4S to the 5S, simply because I have used iPhone since its introduction. However, as much as I do enjoy simplicity, I don't like to feel stagnant. I've used BlackBerry products in the past and have had my ups and downs about them. Additionally, I've read up on the Q10 and have been drawn to it ever since it came out. While I don't have any deep, dark, corporate/government secrets I need to keep secure, the higher/best security standards of BlackBerry is very appealing as is the Hub.

I've come to realise that that apps I am using on a regular basis are either built into the Q10 or are available on AppWorld. Also, like many, I find the physical keyboard a godsend.

So here's what I would like to know:

1. How has your experience been with the Q10?
    2. How has the experience been on AT&T?

The reason for the second question is conflicting messages I am getting from them. A retail location told me AT&T no long supports the phone, while contacting AT&T directly and they state that they are indeed still supporting it and couldn't explain why that particular location said otherwise. Funny thing is, I had it all planned out that I would get accessories first then the phone so that way I have my bases covered even before I make the purchase; however, after learning the "news" regarding AT&T's dropping of BlackBerry, I did not commit to go further and was back to square one. I'm sort of at my wits end thinking about this, and asking my friends is like throwing meat into a lion's den where they have not eaten for days/weeks.

Any and all opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

P.S. My apologies for any rambling and randomness of this post.
    12-26-13 03:49 PM
    I have the Q10 on At&T and I have no probs at all. The phone is great. No complaints. That's weird that you would hear that. I got mine in a store and they got me going right away with the phone. =)

Jo's BlackBerry q10
    12-26-13 04:46 PM
    Same. I have ATT and a Q10 ever since it came out. What accessories are you looking for? I got the otterbox commuter and that's it. No screen protector and no extra battery or anything. Works great w/ the service. LTE is as fast as I'd expect and calls sound clear enough as far as I can tell. If you get it unlocked later you'll have a solid device for other service providers.

Support isn't that big of a deal especially since nothing about the device is tied really to the service. With BB10 leaks you don't even need to wait on ATT for OS updates.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 04:58 PM
    I purchased my Q10 in July at an at&t store. Went in the same store today to get issued a microsim for my son's new GoPhone and noticed that both the Q10 and Z10 were still on display. The Q10 hasn't come down in price, either.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 05:10 PM
    Thanks for the responses. I couldn't begin to fathom why they would tell me contradicting info. My usual store I purchase all my phones from doesn't have it on display anymore, but who knows what's going on with them. I guess I need to just wait until the madness of the holidays is over so I have a clearer head. Too much going on right now to think clearly let alone breathe.
    12-26-13 05:20 PM
    I have the Seidio Surface case and a screen protector already, so all that's missing would be an in-car charger.

Same. I have ATT and a Q10 ever since it came out. What accessories are you looking for? I got the otterbox commuter and that's it. No screen protector and no extra battery or anything. Works great w/ the service. LTE is as fast as I'd expect and calls sound clear enough as far as I can tell. If you get it unlocked later you'll have a solid device for other service providers.

Support isn't that big of a deal especially since nothing about the device is tied really to the service. With BB10 leaks you don't even need to wait on ATT for OS updates.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 05:26 PM
    I have a Q10 and a Z10 on 2 separate lines with AT&T and I've never had any issues...both are running on their LTE network here in Denver. My local AT&T corporate store has the Q and Z on display as well. Yes, BlackBerry isn't their biggest seller, but if someone comes in and requests a Q or a Z they have them in stock. Unfortunately, there are a lot of rumors being circulated regarding AT&T and BlackBerry. I can only speak to this market, but the corporate AT&T stores here in Denver definitely speak BlackBerry.

Bob
    12-26-13 05:42 PM
    Thanks for the reassurance that they are alive and well. I think that's the ticket right there. Time to hunt down the corporate store.

I have a Q10 and a Z10 on 2 separate lines with AT&T and I've never had any issues...both are running on their LTE network here in Denver. My local AT&T corporate store has the Q and Z on display as well. Yes, BlackBerry isn't their biggest seller, but if someone comes in and requests a Q or a Z they have them in stock. Unfortunately, there are a lot of rumors being circulated regarding AT&T and BlackBerry. I can only speak to this market, but the corporate AT&T stores here in Denver definitely speak BlackBerry.

Bob
    12-26-13 09:53 PM
    Q10 on ATT in California since it came out. Zero issues, works great and any questions I have had the Crackberry forums always has the answer.
    12-26-13 10:07 PM
    First of all, welcome to Crackberry!

As a 6-month user of the Q10, I would wholeheartedly recommend it to someone whose expected usage is covered by BlackBerry's (currently somewhat limited) app selection and who wants a device with a physical keyboard. The keyboard absolutely rocks.

I am on Verizon which sucks at one thing, just like AT&T, and any other US carrier: OS updates. One difference you will note with the Q10 is that (unlike your iPhone 4S which will get updates directly from Apple), you will be at the mercy of AT&T's exceedingly slow release schedule. So, even if BlackBerry releases the OS updates to AT&T, the carrier will dilly-dally for quite a long time before they pass on the updates to you.

Many of us on Crackberry have bypassed this slowness by downloading official releases from other carriers (e.g., Canadian carriers) or OS versions leaked from BlackBerry. These significantly enhance the device compared to the "vanilla" Q10 that you will purchase on an AT&T plan. However, it depends on your willingness to experiment with a leaked OS. Some of us like getting our hands on the cool new leaked features, others want the stability of an official release and don't mind waiting for the enhancements.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to ask around in case you get the Q10 on AT&T, and have any questions.

12-26-13 10:07 PM
    Q10 on ATT in California since it came out. Zero issues, works great and any questions I have had the Crackberry forums always has the answer.
    + 1
    12-26-13 10:16 PM
    Thank you for the welcome. I've actually been reading stories here for a while, but have not registered until now.

Big kudos for pointing out a major difference in experience. It certainly helps to know what I am getting myself into. I am definitely going to have to go play around one more time, just because that's who I am, and make my final decision.

I will say that my initial impressions are very favourable, with both the physical device and the OS. As mentioned, I have had a few BlackBerry devices in the past and may have had a roller coaster of emotions/opinions on various things, one thing remains true: the physical keyboard makes a world of difference when sending texts or composing long messages such as emails.

Thanks again for the information.

First of all, welcome to Crackberry!

As a 6-month user of the Q10, I would wholeheartedly recommend it to someone whose expected usage is covered by BlackBerry's (currently somewhat limited) app selection and who wants a device with a physical keyboard. The keyboard absolutely rocks.

I am on Verizon which sucks at one thing, just like AT&T, and any other US carrier: OS updates. One difference you will note with the Q10 is that (unlike your iPhone 4S which will get updates directly from Apple), you will be at the mercy of AT&T's exceedingly slow release schedule. So, even if BlackBerry releases the OS updates to AT&T, the carrier will dilly-dally for quite a long time before they pass on the updates to you.

Many of us on Crackberry have bypassed this slowness by downloading official releases from other carriers (e.g., Canadian carriers) or OS versions leaked from BlackBerry. These significantly enhance the device compared to the "vanilla" Q10 that you will purchase on an AT&T plan. However, it depends on your willingness to experiment with a leaked OS. Some of us like getting our hands on the cool new leaked features, others want the stability of an official release and don't mind waiting for the enhancements.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to ask around in case you get the Q10 on AT&T, and have any questions.

clickitykeys likes this.
    12-26-13 10:23 PM
    Realising the blog/venue/forum I am posting to, I am here not as fanboy basher, but rather I am in need of opinions.

Over the last few months, I have been on the search for a new phone. The easiest and most convenient transition would be going from my iPhone 4S to the 5S, simply because I have used iPhone since its introduction. However, as much as I do enjoy simplicity, I don't like to feel stagnant. I've used BlackBerry products in the past and have had my ups and downs about them. Additionally, I've read up on the Q10 and have been drawn to it ever since it came out. While I don't have any deep, dark, corporate/government secrets I need to keep secure, the higher/best security standards of BlackBerry is very appealing as is the Hub.

I've come to realise that that apps I am using on a regular basis are either built into the Q10 or are available on AppWorld. Also, like many, I find the physical keyboard a godsend.

The reason for the second question is conflicting messages I am getting from them. A retail location told me AT&T no long supports the phone, while contacting AT&T directly and they state that they are indeed still supporting it and couldn't explain why that particular location said otherwise. Funny thing is, I had it all planned out that I would get accessories first then the phone so that way I have my bases covered even before I make the purchase; however, after learning the "news" regarding AT&T's dropping of BlackBerry, I did not commit to go further and was back to square one. I'm sort of at my wits end thinking about this, and asking my friends is like throwing meat into a lion's den where they have not eaten for days/weeks.

My 2cents!
    I think there's obviously been a lot of carrier based issues like distribution, retail sale and for whatever reason misinformed and untrained staff. Blackberry is supported on AT&t and will continue to be as we move forward! Perhaps the store you went to is a private store and they decided to not carry a particular brand of phone.

I've been hearing a lot of these kind of stories all across the board. I work for one of wireless co's in customer care and it does seem the spotlight is not on BlackBerry's and windows mobile phones and being the phones asked the least about.

But I would never tell someone it's not a brand or phone we carry. If a cus wanted a particular model like an iphone I would be abliged to upsell it even though I hate apple products with a passion. That is my opinion but I would never turn business away! That's just stupid! At&t and verizon aare the two largest carriers in the us and I just simple CANNOT see them not selling BlackBerry's.

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 luvn leak 10.2.1.1055
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 12-27-13 at 12:57 AM.
    12-26-13 11:17 PM
    Z10 on att my girl has newest iPhone also on att and I get service in more places than she does. I love my phone and I have been through many phone. Because I unintentionally check their durability. oops

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 11:27 PM

I am also on the Q10 on AT&T, no complaints so far. Network is reliable and fast. Not sure why that store told you they are no longer supporting it, I've seen them in stores recently and I've spoken to an AT&T customer service rep over the phone and they made no mention about that... I think the manager at that store simply would rather push the duopoly on people, it's not too uncommon thing to hear lately...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-27-13 12:15 AM
    AT&T Q10 user here also. No complaints with the device, I actually love it. Great durability and functionality so far. I was also a long time iPhone user, and realized how unimportant apps were to me. Everything I used (excluding banking apps) was on BlackBerry World or the device already.

As previously addressed, the only thing that may bother you is the sloooooow update releases by AT&T. On an iPhone you're used to getting it immediately, however you will be waiting awhile for new OS updates if you switch. There's an easy fix for that on these great forums though!

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 02:52 AM
    That makes sense. Thanks for the input.

My 2cents!
    I think there's obviously been a lot of carrier based issues like distribution, retail sale and for whatever reason misinformed and untrained staff. Blackberry is supported on AT&t and will continue to be as we move forward! Perhaps the store you went to is a private store and they decided to not carry a particular brand of phone.

I've been hearing a lot of these kind of stories all across the board. I work for one of wireless co's in customer care and it does seem the spotlight is not on BlackBerry's and windows mobile phones and being the phones asked the least about.

But I would never tell someone it's not a brand or phone we carry. If a cus wanted a particular model like an iphone I would be abliged to upsell it even though I hate apple products with a passion. That is my opinion but I would never turn business away! That's just stupid! At&t and verizon aare the two largest carriers in the us and I just simple CANNOT see them not selling BlackBerry's.

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 luvn leak 10.2.1.1055
    12-27-13 11:16 AM
    I am definitely keeping that in mind, and will have to remember to check back here often. Given all the positive feedback, I am more resolved now to get a personally more rewarding cellphone experience.

Physical keyboard here I come!!

AT&T Q10 user here also. No complaints with the device, I actually love it. Great durability and functionality so far. I was also a long time iPhone user, and realized how unimportant apps were to me. Everything I used (excluding banking apps) was on BlackBerry World or the device already.

As previously addressed, the only thing that may bother you is the sloooooow update releases by AT&T. On an iPhone you're used to getting it immediately, however you will be waiting awhile for new OS updates if you switch. There's an easy fix for that on these great forums though!

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 11:22 AM
    I'm a long-time AT&T customer (from back when they were Cingular) and I've had the Q10 since it came out in July. I love it! My service is fine and the phone is excellent. I get accessories from either CrackBerry or Amazon, as there isn't much available in the store.
    12-27-13 11:22 AM

My last Berry was a 9700, swapped to an iPhone 4S, bought a 5S and took it back, and this is my 3rd time with the Q10 since it launched. I've been on all of the major US carriers and I always come back to AT&T. I'm my own tech support usually, but the few times I've called into AT&T they've been good to me. Especially since they moved their CS to Texas LOL!!! As far as the Q, it's been fantastic! I've been running the 10.2.1.1055 leak since I took it out of the box, sideloaded snap recently, and I have my top 5 apps that I used on my iPhone. EAS for work and outlook.com for personal work perfectly, the built in BlackBerry PIM has been better than the iPhone for me, plus I have the glorious physical keyboard again!

Pounded out via Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1055
    12-27-13 09:23 PM
    I have to say, your input has been the best thing I have read thus far. Given your journey, I have a lot more confidence in knowing that I would not be making a mistake getting the Q10. Like mentioned above by myself and CoyoteV8, I've taken a look at what apps I am using 99.99% of the time, and either they are built in or available on AppWorld.

Thanks again!!

My last Berry was a 9700, swapped to an iPhone 4S, bought a 5S and took it back, and this is my 3rd time with the Q10 since it launched. I've been on all of the major US carriers and I always come back to AT&T. I'm my own tech support usually, but the few times I've called into AT&T they've been good to me. Especially since they moved their CS to Texas LOL!!! As far as the Q, it's been fantastic! I've been running the 10.2.1.1055 leak since I took it out of the box, sideloaded snap recently, and I have my top 5 apps that I used on my iPhone. EAS for work and outlook.com for personal work perfectly, the built in BlackBerry PIM has been better than the iPhone for me, plus I have the glorious physical keyboard again!

Pounded out via Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1055
    12-28-13 05:14 AM
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, thank you everyone. One, for the warm welcome to Crackberry, but more importantly, thank you for ALL of the input. I'm one of those that will wrack my brain until it hurts trying to pour through all of the data about this or that product, no matter what it is. While asking friends usually gets an honest answer, I find that experience of total strangers work best for me. I certainly will be venturing out to play with a Q10 one more time and/or purchasing one. It's insane that I've waited this long to not only register here to ask for this advice, but also to invest in a device that caters to my desire for a physical keyboard.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!
    jolaislagrl and clickitykeys like this.
    12-28-13 05:19 AM