What's funny to me about all this whining about bbos and bb10 is that I came from a curve 9310 running 7.1 straight to the Q10, and I find the Q10 so much easier to use. Push email wasn't dropped, considering the fact that in the email settings it says "use push if supported", so if you're not getting push, your email provider doesn't support it. Secondly, the Q10 has bigger keys, and that makes it easier to type on.
    10-28-13 12:18 AM
    The dial from homescreen option has been significantly damaged! Bbos was able to instantaneously pull out options for u to dial from the first number u type from homescreen, bb10 has same concept but doesn't work half as well!

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 12:22 AM
    What's funny to me about all this whining about bbos and bb10 is that I came from a curve 9310 running 7.1 straight to the Q10, and I find the Q10 so much easier to use. Push email wasn't dropped, considering the fact that in the email settings it says "use push if supported", so if you're not getting push, your email provider doesn't support it. Secondly, the Q10 has bigger keys, and that makes it easier to type on.
    You're right, I must be on crack. If there's an option on a phone, then it MUST absolutely work 100% of the time.

No one said it was dropped. If you receive the volume of emails many of us on here do, you'll notice a difference between BIS delivery and OS 10 "push" delivery.

Posted via CB10 on 10.1.0.4780
    bobauckland and anon(3072139) like this.
    10-28-13 12:23 AM
    I wasn't referring to you Wayne. I was referring to sox fan saying that blackberry completely dropped push. Many smartphones have options that do not work 100% of the time. People either choose to live with it, or move to a different device. Every thread on this forum that attempts to express positivity about the new os ends up turning into a b!tchfest. Its just starting to get a little old. Honestly for me, my main concern was better stability compared to the low end android pos phones I had in the past. The Q is far more stable for me than any android phone I've owned, so I'm good.
    10-28-13 12:33 AM
    I wasn't referring to you Wayne. I was referring to sox fan saying that blackberry completely dropped push. Many smartphones have options that do not work 100% of the time. People either choose to live with it, or move to a different device. Every thread on this forum that attempts to express positivity about the new os ends up turning into a b!tchfest. Its just starting to get a little old. Honestly for me, my main concern was better stability compared to the low end android pos phones I had in the past. The Q is far more stable for me than any android phone I've owned, so I'm good.
    I hear you. Sorry if I seemed like I was lashing out. It's not so much a bitchfest, as much as ppl seeming to overlook an issue in a new OS, that was never an issue in an OS that was essentially 7 years old (I'm referring to BIS instant email delivery). At that's just the first place to start. It's not a witch hunt against BB, it's a wealth of emotions from betray to disappointment in an OS that was supposed to blow 7.1 out of the water.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here too and say that if you had a lot of problems with email delivery in BIS, there's a chance it may have been configured improperly. I've been a BlackBerry user for almost 8 years now, and you'll notice, I didn't join this forum until I started having all these issues with OS 10

The device just used to....work...ya know

10-28-13 12:41 AM
    Remember is a joke of an app.
    If you leave aside how fragmented it is for notes over memopad, which was the essence of quick important notes, it's unreliable.

I set up evernote sync, did a wipe when the os got bogged down after 3 months, then restored, only some notes had backed up.
    One file that had all the passcodes for ward entry in the hospitals I work in had vanished. Which was very very frustrating.

And in essence, that's what going to bb10 from bbos is, frustrating.
    Anyone who finds text entry better on bb10 than a bbos device, well, I guess you don't text that much, or email that much. That little circle thing is absolutely awful.

Posted via CB10
    No need to use Remember any more. There's now a full fledged Evernote app.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    Wayne_Enterprises likes this.
    10-28-13 01:14 AM
    No need to use Remember any more. There's now a full fledged Evernote app.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    I was beginning to worry and tell that guy to go pick up a Treo...

southlander likes this.
    10-28-13 01:37 AM
    Push email wasn't dropped, considering the fact that in the email settings it says "use push if supported", so if you're not getting push, your email provider doesn't support it.
    I'm sorry if you are confused about what push email is/means and what Blackberry did to drop it.

Push email refers to the "pushing" of email to your device by a server vs. requiring the device to fetch emails from a server.

Previously, one of Blackberry's iconic features was that it would push emails from its servers to your device. This was a meaningfully differentiating feature of Blackberry email and many people regularly touted the superiority of Blackberry email due to the push email services provided by Blackberry.

Fast forward to BB10. Blackberry made a conscious decision to drop push. They no longer push email to your device. In terms of this function, they have dropped this iconic capability and become "just like everyone else." The fact that some email services provide push email themselves for their customers to their devices (applicable to any device, not just Blackberry) is another matter and is completely different from whether or not Blackberry itself dropped push, which they affirmatively did.

A lot of times people throw around terms like push email and mobile browsing loosely without understanding the important functional/practical differences. In this case, users of the many email services that don't provide push email do not get their emails delivered by push by Blackberry, whereas they did previously.

People can debate whether that's a big deal or not, but let's get our facts right. I suspect for most of those affected, it's a big deal. An important advantage of having/using a Blackberry is now gone. On a related negative note, those people that have to use the device to "fetch" their emails now have to crank their email settings way down to where the device checks their email services very frequently, such as every 5 minutes. This translates into very heavy (and costly) data usage and I suspect further drains the battery.
    10-28-13 08:59 AM
    Since I am switching carriers I currently have curve/Q10 running side by side. Email comes straight thru on curve - still waiting on Q10
    01-23-14 02:34 PM
    Since I am switching carriers I currently have curve/Q10 running side by side. Email comes straight thru on curve - still waiting on Q10
    That's because the boys at Blackberry decided to drop one of its iconic features: push email. BB10 doesn't do push email, so we're screwed with worse functionality and now have no better email service than anyone else. No wonder they are losing customer by the boatloads.
    01-23-14 02:43 PM
    Rubbish. Emails come immediately on my z10.

Posted via CB10 on my Z mfk'n 10!
    01-23-14 02:53 PM
    BB10 does do Push email. Just because you can't make it work, doesn't mean the feature doesn't exist.
    That's because the boys at Blackberry decided to drop one of its iconic features: push email. BB10 doesn't do push email, so we're screwed with worse functionality and now have no better email service than anyone else. No wonder they are losing customer by the boatloads.
    01-23-14 02:55 PM
    BB10 does do Push email. Just because you can't make it work, doesn't mean the feature doesn't exist.
    BB10 doesn't "do push email" it supports imap idle and exchange push email.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    anon(3072139) likes this.
    01-23-14 02:58 PM
    I was using Sox's terminology.
    01-23-14 02:59 PM
64 123