Well I have a confession to make, I haven't had my Q10 for a month, it's not February 7th yet.

As for my second confession, it's not the first time I've had a Q10. I was one of the lucky few who got a Dev Alpha C sent to them before the Q10 release (don't hate!)

And finally my last confession before I get on with the review, I've handled the Q10 many times as I've had one on hand daily giving demos to customer. My my, so many confessions

Well here goes. Basically I'm no stranger to BlackBerry 10. I've had the original dev alpha at BlackBerry Jam Toronto, gotten the updates and had a ton of play time before the official release. I did get a Z10 in march (Limited Edition ) and that was basically what I had used as my daily driver.

The Z10 was a great phone. To be honest I can type pretty fast on any keyboard which I get used to. The software keyboard is among the best in the industry. The ONLY letdown I had with the Z10 was the battery life. Everything else was perfect for my uses.

I eventually went ahead and got a Q10. At first I thought, it'll be just like my Z10 but only with a keyboard and smaller screen. Boy was I wrong. The Q10 is a completely distinct experience. The keyboard has so many shortcuts (not all of them are implemented in BlackBerry 10 yet, but it's getting there) which make me reminisce about my BlackBerry Bold 9900 days.

The AMOLED screen isn't so bad. Works well in sunlight for me (although here in Canada during winter there isn't much of it). The nice thing is BlackBerry didn't overdo the cool tint. The screen looks closer to neutral rather than having a blueish tinge.

The keyboard on the Q10 is great. Both my 9900 and Q10 have spectacular keyboards. In all my time using BlackBerry devices, I don't think I've ever had a BlackBerry device which the keyboard wasn't done well. There really isn't much to say here, BlackBerry is the only OEM which is making physical keyboards and they're as great as ever.

The other hardware components and internals are the usual affair. Miracast and Wifi direct are good to have. The phone feels solid in the hand just like the Z10.

Finally, battery life. God damn this phone has incredible battery life. I travel between cities to get to the university and some days I have 60 percent battery life remaining. It's a nice touch not having to use the battery charging bundle or swapping batteries.

So there you have it. Typing this with the CrackBerry app on the public transit bus with my trusty BlackBerry Q10. If I'm granted admission to HKUST, it'll be the phone I take overseas .
    Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 08:28 AM
    I would like to piggyback on your post by saying that I.AM.IN.LOVE.WITH.MY.Q10.

THIS is my BlackBerry. I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.
    02-05-14 08:39 AM
    Nraaahhhh! The Q10 screen, yes, the colors are great, but my Q10 and every Q10 I've seen is dimly-lit with poor brightness, and it's still depressing to think about it and what the screen could have been. I have however managed to get used to it, but I keep praying someone will make an app to disable the auto-brightness feature, there has to be some way to trick the sensor into always "seeing" bright light.

Glad you're enjoying the phone. The keyboard rocks.
    02-05-14 09:10 AM
    Hey great review OP. I love my Q10 as well, and it's good to see a small contingent of Q10 lovers. As long as we keep the love alive, I'm sure the phones will love us back.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 09:52 AM
    I'm with you as well. I love my Q10 so much so I sold my Z10 and 9900. Just knew this was the phone for me. I will continue to use the Q10 until it's successor comes out. Great phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 10:08 AM
    Yeah, it's a great phone no doubt. I've owned a Z10 for about 9 months, then got a Q10 to try and loved it so much I could not go back to the Z10. Then I decided to get the Z30 to try as well, and while I use it as my primary device right now, I am still convinced that the Q10 is a better device. The only shortfall is the screen size. Another 3/4 inch vertically and the phone would have been perfect. It has such wonderful weight balance, solid feel in hand, keyboard is great, battery life basically as good as the Z30 and the battery is removable which means that any way you look at it available-time is the highest on the Q10. I'm really hoping that BlackBerry puts out a new device like the Q10 with a larger screen. That will be the end of me using an all-touch device.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 11:19 AM
    Q10 is not merely a cell phone, but a communication instrument. Am a great advocate of BB and Q10.
    02-05-14 12:03 PM
    Nraaahhhh! The Q10 screen, yes, the colors are great, but my Q10 and every Q10 I've seen is dimly-lit with poor brightness, and it's still depressing to think about it and what the screen could have been. I have however managed to get used to it, but I keep praying someone will make an app to disable the auto-brightness feature, there has to be some way to trick the sensor into always "seeing" bright light.

Glad you're enjoying the phone. The keyboard rocks.
    The brightness is obviously not as high as my Z10 but for me they're both plenty bright. I keep them at the lowest brightness possible and I like it. Guess I've got sensitive eyes.

I hear the Kindle app can make the display go brighter than the system setting, something about it being locked off within the settings (maybe to prevent burn in from happening accidentally).

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 03:59 PM
    Got my Q10 almost a year now and still love it as the first day. Even though the battery is good enough, I did buy a BlackBerry Q10 charger bundle last year, which comes with a spare battery. On heavy days of usage, that charging bundle is a good to have backup plus it's very slim and lightweight. Very impressed with my Q10, covers all my needs and more, great look, very portable, awesome kb and great communicator.

CB10 - Q10
    02-05-14 04:38 PM
    The battery bundle is legit. Any Q10 owners that don't have it need to get it. If you don't think you need it, you do and just don't know it yet. You'll never be tethered to a charger again - car or wall.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 04:54 PM
    The battery bundle is legit. Any Q10 owners that don't have it need to get it. If you don't think you need it, you do and just don't know it yet. You'll never be tethered to a charger again - car or wall.

Posted via CB10

One month with the BlackBerry Q10-img_20140205_220402.png

I think it really depends on usage patterns.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 09:12 PM
    Ive had mine over a month got mine just before Christmas, yes Christmas!!!!

Its been great and after loading the leak 1925 it makes the phone even better.

Screen brightness is excellent and I have mine turned wayyyyyyy down and it is still BRIGHT! How BRIGHT do you want the screen to be so you can see your phone from the space station? Lay low so obama can find you so fricking easy!
    02-06-14 07:18 AM
    Yeah, it's a great phone no doubt. I've owned a Z10 for about 9 months, then got a Q10 to try and loved it so much I could not go back to the Z10. Then I decided to get the Z30 to try as well, and while I use it as my primary device right now, I am still convinced that the Q10 is a better device. The only shortfall is the screen size. Another 3/4 inch vertically and the phone would have been perfect. It has such wonderful weight balance, solid feel in hand, keyboard is great, battery life basically as good as the Z30 and the battery is removable which means that any way you look at it available-time is the highest on the Q10. I'm really hoping that BlackBerry puts out a new device like the Q10 with a larger screen. That will be the end of me using an all-touch device.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, another 3/4" vertical would make the screen a 4:3 instead of 1:1 and would make it great for seeing You Tubes and other videos and for photos sent from other phones and even documents. It would be perfect, maybe the future Q30.
    02-06-14 07:37 AM
    Absolutely in love with my q10. Got my first blackberry back in November(z10), and really enjoyed the switch from a lumia 920. Picked up this q10 brand new for $100 two weeks ago, and will never go back to a touch only phone. Love the OS, as close to my beloved webOS( may she rest in peace) as anything else I've had.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 08:57 PM
    Absolutely in love with my q10. Got my first blackberry back in November(z10), and really enjoyed the switch from a lumia 920. Picked up this q10 brand new for $100 two weeks ago, and will never go back to a touch only phone. Love the OS, as close to my beloved webOS( may she rest in peace) as anything else I've had.

Posted via CB10
    100 dollars for a new Q10 is a great deal under pretty much any circumstances.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 08:26 AM