I am really annoyed by this. A $600 phone that is less than a couple months old and one of the keys fell out of the keyboard. It was the left shift key. I was able to find the thing fortunately.

Any suggestions on the best way to make a repair? How are those things put in there. I put it back and it seemed okay at first but it is easy to pop back out. Should I use glue, although I am really a bit worried about that. I bought it at full retail from Amazon, it is a Verizon version but not bought from them (which I now instantly regret). Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    08-18-13 11:57 AM
    Have you tried to take it to a Verizon store to see if they can help you? They may not even care if you bought the hardware somewhere else. If they fix it for you, do 'em a favor and buy something in the store. :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 12:29 PM
    Have you tried to take it to a Verizon store to see if they can help you? They may not even care if you bought the hardware somewhere else. If they fix it for you, do 'em a favor and buy something in the store. :-)

Posted via CB10
    I may try that. Thanks. You are right, they may not even check. The device says Verizon on it, and I do pay them close to $200 a month.
    08-18-13 12:30 PM
    Well, after googling about replacing keys I'm pretty despondent. It seems like you can't replace or add one key back from what I can find and typically carriers often just replace the phone. I'm not optimistic about that but I will give the carrier a try, hopefully today or tomorrow.

Has anyone tried gluing one key back to the keypad?
    08-19-13 07:04 AM
    I am really annoyed by this. A $600 phone that is less than a couple months old and one of the keys fell out of the keyboard. It was the left shift key. I was able to find the thing fortunately.

Any suggestions on the best way to make a repair? How are those things put in there. I put it back and it seemed okay at first but it is easy to pop back out. Should I use glue, although I am really a bit worried about that. I bought it at full retail from Amazon, it is a Verizon version but not bought from them (which I now instantly regret). Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    Whomever you bought it from your IMEI will come up on their systems just make sure you bring your proof of purchase like the purchase invoice you got from Amazon.

Posted in CB forums and on Bbos leak 10.2.1047
    08-19-13 05:39 PM
    Whomever you bought it from your IMEI will come up on their systems just make sure you bring your proof of purchase like the purchase invoice you got from Amazon.

Posted in CB forums and on Bbos leak 10.2.1047
    You mean the IMEA will come up at Verizon? We can get a copy of the invoice I'm pretty sure. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 05:59 PM
    Took it to a Verizon store. They didn't even ask where I bought it. They just said the warranty doesn't cover damage. I told them, truthfully, that it wasn't damaged but it just fell of. They said they believed me but there was nothing they could do because the manufacturer's warranty wouldn't cover it since they considered it damage.

On my own. Just inexcusable in my opinion. This thing cost almost $600 in is a few months old. They were very sympathetic, and I'm sure this will motivate them to sell more Q10s......

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 06:43 PM
    Maybe Amazon will exchange it?

Any extra warranty on the credit card you bought it with?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 06:54 PM
    sounds like you have a exchange case there...
    08-20-13 06:56 PM
    Maybe Amazon will exchange it?

Any extra warranty on the credit card you bought it with?

Posted via CB10
    Amazon said it is too long past the purchase date. The credit card is a great idea. Not sure if there is one on the card used off hand but I can check. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 07:03 PM
    sounds like you have a exchange case there...
    With who? Happy for any suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 07:03 PM
    I would try a different Verizon store or call customer service.

Also, a replacement keyboard runs between $8 & $20 on Ebay.

Cranky
    08-20-13 07:25 PM
    Lol making me nervous I just bought mine outright off amazon ATT version though. Keep my posted on what happens please

Sent from HTC One and/or BlackBerry Q10
    08-20-13 07:28 PM
    Lol making me nervous I just bought mine outright off amazon ATT version though. Keep my posted on what happens please

I don't know that where I purchased it mattered. As the Verizon employees explained, there were several of them explaining this to me, all very sympathetic again, they said that the manufacturer considered keys falling off damage and they couldn't do anything. So it didn't seem to be where I bought it.
    08-20-13 07:49 PM
    I would try a different Verizon store or call customer service.

Also, a replacement keyboard runs between $8 & $20 on Ebay.

Cranky
    I suppose I could try a different store. This is a large corporate store in an area with lots of demanding customers in terms of demographics. I have gone there for years and found them willing to go far out of their way to help. But yes, I could try another store.

In terms of a replacement, my first thought was that it would void the warranty, but then I laughed at that. In addition, after paying this much for a phone that is almost new I now have to drive around and try to get it fixed or buy parts and try to fix it and hope I don't damage it more.

I feel compelled to add something here. I have taken several phones back to Apple for various things. They have fixed them or replaced them. The most recent was actually like 3 days out of warranty and it had been in for a repair on that problem before. The guy at the store said, "we won't do that to you over a couple days especially since this problem happened before" and they gave me a new phone.
    08-20-13 08:00 PM
    That's bull**** you need to talk to amazon because the button falling off in a few months without major dropping of the phone is manufacture warranty and they HAVE to take it bake with in that year period.

08-20-13 09:45 PM
    Im not sure how it works in the US but I would be pretty pissed they wont honour the warranty as there is no proof it was damaged on your part, and they cant unilaterally decide it was. Maybe if there are some consumer advocate organisations or something you have? Worth a try, in Australia even the threat of that generally gets the ball rolling.
    08-20-13 11:18 PM
    Welcome to BlackBerry's legendary customer service and technical support. It's a joy to deal with, isn't it?

It sucks. I'm sorry for the frustration you're dealing with. They need to take a page out of certain other manufacturers who support their product.

Tippy tapped from my iPhone 5, from me to you.
    08-21-13 12:41 AM
    That's bull**** you need to talk to amazon because the button falling off in a few months without major dropping of the phone is manufacture warranty and they HAVE to take it bake with in that year period.

Thanks, we will try. I think the issue is that the warranty is from the manufacturer, not Amazon. But it is on the list of things to try.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 07:23 AM
    Im not sure how it works in the US but I would be pretty pissed they wont honour the warranty as there is no proof it was damaged on your part, and they cant unilaterally decide it was. Maybe if there are some consumer advocate organisations or something you have? Worth a try, in Australia even the threat of that generally gets the ball rolling.
    I am in fact not very happy. It's a shame too because I like the phone otherwise. Going the consumer advocate route, while appealing on some levels just seems to be getting into too much time involved. If I can't resolve or fix this relatively soon I can either reprogram my brain to use the right shift key (I was incredibly lucky it was the left shift key that went actually) all of the time which at my age is probably a useful brain exercise or buy a used Q10 or 99xx on ebay. The latter seem to be going for under $200 so I have to weigh the time spent on this versus that. Or I could bag it and get a Droid with a keypad I suppose. Or heaven forbid go all virtual

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 07:30 AM
    Amazon is great! I think it will sort out.

Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by GadgetTravel; 08-21-13 at 12:12 PM.
    08-21-13 08:53 AM
    That's pretty pathetic on Verizon's part. Have you tried contacting BlackBerry directly to see if they can help you? (Sorry if someone already asked that)

Posted via CB10
    hammer40 likes this.
    08-21-13 09:03 AM
    That's pretty pathetic on Verizon's part. Have you tried contacting BlackBerry directly to see if they can help you? (Sorry if someone already asked that)

Posted via CB10
    Verizon said it was BlackBerry who didn't cover it.

Posted via CB10
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    08-21-13 09:19 AM
    The keyboard is all one part and it needs to be replaced. I can fix it for you, check your messages.
    08-21-13 09:51 AM
    Any news yet? Just curious on if they fixed the phone or replaced it. I would hope amazon or blackberry are going to step up.

08-22-13 01:54 PM
40 12