Hi.. I live in India where people see the perfect deal for buying a phone ( ie. Price and Features). I know that many of Indians don't know the quality and features that Blackberry provides. It's not their fault, the Blackberry lacks in marketing it's products ( and also for Indians the price is high ). I am not saying that they are selling for unreasonable price. Not at all, infact I am new to blackberry and have never used a blackberry. But just reviewing it for past 1 month, I have understood the quality of blackberry. I have never seen a phone with such features ( for business especially ).
    I want Blackberry to survive and to be no. 1 in the entire industry. I hope some day in future I shall contribute towards it.
    But, I am confused right now.
    See I am new to blackberry, but I feel for it ( I am attracted towards it )
    I hope you understand, what I am saying.
    Recently Windows have launched Nokia Lumia 730 Dual Sim.
    I saw Blackberry Q10 and searched a lot about it, I got impressed by the features that it has.
    But I am confused as which phone to buy..
    Nokia Lumia 730
    Dual Sim
    Quad Core
    1 Gb Ram
    8 Gb Memory
    Free 15 Gb Cloud Storage
    Original Microsoft Office 2014 ( with Cloud )
    Cortana
    4.5 AMOLED 1200x720p
    5MP Front Camera
    6.1 MP Primary Camera
    More apps
    Stereo Audio
    Dual Sim
    Cheap

That's it, these features made me confused as which phone to buy. I am new to blackberry and not yet experienced it. I have a Nokia Lumia 630, Blackberry Interface is what attracts me the most.

Where as these Nokia features ( and also fast development) are making me confuse to choose a phone.

I want to convince myself to buy Blackberry Q10. But unfortunately I am unable to do it all by myself. I want you to give me advice as why I should go for Blackberry Q10 and not for Nokia 730 Dual Sim.

Why I shall not go for what Windows provide ?

( Will Blackberry abandon Q10 as new phones are released by Blackberry, Passport and Q20. Will Blackberry still provide updates for Q10 )..
    10-25-14 11:14 AM
    If you asked yourself this question, you've already know what you want

Now, the good way to help you decide is not a list of hardware or functionalities. You have to tell us what will you do with that phone, how will you use it, in what condition, ... describe us a typical day with your phone Not what you do today, but what you want to do with it tomorrow.
    Aman1007 likes this.
    10-25-14 11:34 AM
    I can talk to you anytime you want me to! I live in Bangalore

BBM me anytime
    2BDD75DE

Posted via BlackBerry Passport!
    Aman1007 likes this.
    10-25-14 11:47 AM
    I think it really depends on your needs. The dual sim can be cool if you travel a lot. If not there isn't really a need for two sims.

Q10 is a good phone, but it's starting to show its age.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Aman1007 likes this.
    10-25-14 11:50 AM
    I think it really depends on your needs. The dual sim can be cool if you travel a lot. If not there isn't really a need for two sims.

Q10 is a good phone, but it's starting to show its age.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Actually dual sim has nothing to do with traveling if you are traveling you usually have enough time to swap sims. The reason for dual sims is for cheaper prices for example one sim for texting and one for talking.
    And regarding the op question I have never used a lumia so I don't know I have used the q10 and it's awesome and at BlackBerry we have more apps thanks to snap and all other similar ways

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    Aman1007 and johnny_bravo72 like this.
    10-25-14 12:00 PM
    I want to convince myself to buy Blackberry Q10. But unfortunately I am unable to do it all by myself. I want you to give me advice as why I should go for Blackberry Q10 and not for Nokia 730 Dual Sim.

Why I shall not go for what Windows provide ?

( Will Blackberry abandon Q10 as new phones are released by Blackberry, Passport and Q20. Will Blackberry still provide updates for Q10 )..
    There are a lot of unknowns in that last question because the newly released Lumia 730 should be upgradeable to Windows 10, which we don't know too much about, and will be supported for 36 months, while the Q10 has already spent over 16 months on the market and should be supported until BlackBerry decides otherwise. *looks at Playbook* Another point to note is Windows on phone will largely have a consumer focus while BlackBerry will continue with improvements mainly for security and enterprise.

Both OSes have an app drawer, notification section, method of showing running applications, and dynamic information for each app displayed through a tile or frame. What stands out is how you interact with the device and the ecosystem behind the OS. If you prefer an efficient interface, the Hub, a physical keyboard, ability to run most but not all Android apps, and the lack of an ecosystem then BlackBerry is your choice. If you prefer the Microsoft and Cortana ecosystem, the Windows Store app catalog specifically for India, and a full sized rectangle screen then your choice is a Windows device.

The problem is comparing the Q10, instead of the Z3, to the Lumia 730 because they each have their target audience. My opinion is to go with the device that you know will give the most benefit for your money. And ask yourself if you will enjoy that square screen and physical keyboard enough to give up the dual SIM feature on the Lumia 730.
    Aman1007 likes this.
    10-25-14 02:58 PM
    The Lumia is touch, the Q10 pkb- for me only physical QWERTY keyboards

So go and get the best keyboard on the market-the Q10!

Posted via CB10
    Aman1007 likes this.
    10-25-14 03:17 PM
    I will be in the business field as an Entrepreneur. So I am not sure that whether MS Office and Cloud Storage will be a better choice than Blackberry Q10 ?
    I will be starting up my business. Which shall be beneficial for the purpose ?
    10-26-14 12:26 AM
    BlackBerry I think would be well suited for business

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.938
    Aman1007 likes this.
    10-26-14 12:29 AM
    Do you (will you) use PC or notebook with windows for business? If answer is yes, go to Lumia.
    10-26-14 01:07 AM
    No.. I am using Mac, but the office software is of MS...
    10-26-14 03:20 AM
    The best feature in terms of hardware of the Q10 is its physical keyboard, something no Windows Phone device has to offer, at least no modern one. Regarding the specs you should keep in mind the Lumia 730 indeed has a quad-core, but it is only a midrange one. The Q "just" has a dual-core, but it is a high-end one. In real world performance, you won't notice the difference. Plus the BlackBerry comes with two gigs of RAM, while the 730 only has one gig. For all media related stuff, the 730 should be better, thanks to the OS and of course the large screen. For the rest, it highly depends on your needs.

Personally I've used a lumia 1020 running Windows Phone 8.1 for almost half a year before finally switching back to my Q10. The message handling of Windows Phone finally drove me away. I am not only talking about the huge convenience the BlackBerry Hub offers to have all relevant information in a single place, but also the ability to interact with everything out of one place - without needing to launch separate apps. I am rather talking about the poor handling of mail attachments. If you compose a mail in Windows Phone, you can only attach pictures and videos by default. Want to send a. pdf file? You need to open Adobe, select your pdf and share it via e-mail. Want to share multiple document types like docs and pdfs in a single mail? You often need to open the file manager to multiselect those items and they even need to be within the same folder.

If that is not worse enough, the way you download attachments made me completely frustrated. Got a pdf you want to copy to a coworkers laptop? Good luck with that simple task, pdfs recieved via mail and opened via Adobe are saved on a restricted folder you can't even access. So there is no way to copy them via USB onto another device. Downloading files is also restricted. Want to download some. exe on the go to just copy it onto a desktop? Forget it, WP only allows downloads of a limited file format.

Where Windows Phone of course shines is the excellent integration into Microsofts ecosystem. Outlook.com, OneNote and OneDrive are completely integrated into the OS. Surprisingly their mobile version of Office lacks compared to their iOS and Android counterparts, I don't know whether we'll see a redesigned version sometime later this year.

While Windows Phone does offer more apps, I didn't actually found more useful apps on my Lumia than I have on my Q10. On the Berry you always have the option to experiment with any Android apps, something Microsofts system doesn't offer at all. For almost all of my WP apps, I had (native) alternatives on BB10. Of course when it comes to gaming Windows Phone simply blows BB10 out of the water.

Last but not least the offered Nokia suite of apps is awesome. Camera is just one of the best camera apps I've ever used. Here Maps offers full offline support, so you can preload the maps of the country you want (India for example) and even have full access although you don't have any internet connection available. Plus the features and functionality are miles ahead of the rather basic BlackBerry Maps equivalent we have on the Q10. The preloaded maps are updated on a regular basis, so you can simply update your maps at home on your Wifi and keep using the latest data on the road. I really miss Here Maps on my BlackBerry and wish I could simply port it over from the Lumia, it is just that good.

The verdict? Both devices have their unique strengths and cons. Keep in mind the 730 overall is more of a mid-range device while the Q10 is a (former) flagship device, something you'll notice in terms of build quality. Oh and regarding updates, the Q10 will at least recieve the big 10.3.1 update later this year, which will bring many new features. The 730 will have 8.1 GDR1 and most likely will get the GDR2 update also. However Microsoft will launch a completely new version of Windows Phone next year and it is not known whether existing WP8(.1) will support the new major version of Windows. If you look back at Windows Phone 7 to 8, you'll see no WP7 device was able to upgrade to the WP8 software. The very same might happen next year with current devices.

Posted via CB10
    Aman1007 likes this.
    10-26-14 03:31 AM
    Thanks A Lot Taigatrommel, for sorting things out for me....I was confused just because of Cloud System and MS Office.
    Is there any other alternative of these in BB 10 OS.
    10-26-14 04:30 AM
    Thanks A Lot Taigatrommel, for sorting things out for me....I was confused just because of Cloud System and MS Office.
    Is there any other alternative of these in BB 10 OS.
    We have native One drive App on BB10. The native Email provides: Remote email search, sync contacts, tasks, calendar...I think its everythink you need.
    Aman1007 likes this.
    10-26-14 04:43 AM
    I don't know about the Lumia.
    I own a Q10 since its release in Germany and it is my daily driver.

There is an issue: after some time (some hardcore users noticed it after 2-6 months, me after 1 year), the keyboard becomes "oversensitive" and you start typing 2 letters with one key stroke = "double typing"... Not all the letters, only some. You can live with it, since you can immediately delete it if you see it.

Now , the "too little screen" that some uusers (<-- see here, just double typed "u"), as said, the little screen is not a valid argument. Only for media/films... but the screen ccan be BIG when using micro HDMI what your phone is capable of!!!
    So if you want to watch a film or show a presentation, use a bigger screen!
    Not an argument when used nomally (not for gaming/media), because on every other phone, of any manufacturer, when writing a document/text/answering an e-mail, on every activity where you have to input by keyboard, a virtual keyboard pops up and the screen is reduced sometimes more than the half and then, the Q10 might even have a "bigger writing screen/bigger document editing screen"...
    (will be edited/continued)

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.932; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675
    Aman1007 likes this.
    10-26-14 04:44 AM
    (sorry, could not edit above)...
    Continuing here:
    The Q10 is like a computer.
    I use it like a laptop. Same functions I need and sometimes more.. I can do paper scans, even without the App, I take a picture of a document with "white board" mode then cut the photo to the Size I want and save the whole again in my document folder.
    I have access to my computer. I let it on the whole day. When I am out, I open my computer's shared directory like I would do with an ftp server... I just open my directory for documents: here a screenshot:

Attachment 309488

So I have access with WiFi but also on the go (with a good dataplan... I have 1GB, but I think for business with much more data may be 3GB, but try out the 1 GB plan first)...

As you see on the screenshot above, I have Box, Dropbox and OneDrive as clouds (for free)...

Documents... We have "Docs to go" as an App to view and edit MS-Office files.
    If you use OpenOffice, there is a ODF-Reader (only to view and not free) the Open-Office files.
    I think there is an Android port to view (and edit??) Docx files... but I am not sure!

You can do many things with the Q10... You can also synch to your PC via WiFi... You can specify which folder(s) and they synch together your document files, with Link, a program that you must install to backup your phone and use the WiFi synch!

If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

If you have the choice, you might even consider the Z30... Full touch, best virtual keyboard and with the upcoming OS 10.3.1 an alternative to the Passport.

I am used to the physical keyboard. If I were you, I'd take the Q10!

Cheers.
    Last edited by anischab; 10-26-14 at 05:04 AM.
    Aman1007 likes this.
    10-26-14 04:46 AM
    The best feature in terms of hardware of the Q10 is its physical keyboard, something no Windows Phone device has to offer, at least no modern one. Regarding the specs you should keep in mind the Lumia 730 indeed has a quad-core, but it is only a midrange one. The Q "just" has a dual-core, but it is a high-end one. In real world performance, you won't notice the difference. Plus the BlackBerry comes with two gigs of RAM, while the 730 only has one gig. For all media related stuff, the 730 should be better, thanks to the OS and of course the large screen. For the rest, it highly depends on your needs.

Personally I've used a lumia 1020 running Windows Phone 8.1 for almost half a year before finally switching back to my Q10. The message handling of Windows Phone finally drove me away. I am not only talking about the huge convenience the BlackBerry Hub offers to have all relevant information in a single place, but also the ability to interact with everything out of one place - without needing to launch separate apps. I am rather talking about the poor handling of mail attachments. If you compose a mail in Windows Phone, you can only attach pictures and videos by default. Want to send a. pdf file? You need to open Adobe, select your pdf and share it via e-mail. Want to share multiple document types like docs and pdfs in a single mail? You often need to open the file manager to multiselect those items and they even need to be within the same folder.

If that is not worse enough, the way you download attachments made me completely frustrated. Got a pdf you want to copy to a coworkers laptop? Good luck with that simple task, pdfs recieved via mail and opened via Adobe are saved on a restricted folder you can't even access. So there is no way to copy them via USB onto another device. Downloading files is also restricted. Want to download some. exe on the go to just copy it onto a desktop? Forget it, WP only allows downloads of a limited file format.

Where Windows Phone of course shines is the excellent integration into Microsofts ecosystem. Outlook.com, OneNote and OneDrive are completely integrated into the OS. Surprisingly their mobile version of Office lacks compared to their iOS and Android counterparts, I don't know whether we'll see a redesigned version sometime later this year.

While Windows Phone does offer more apps, I didn't actually found more useful apps on my Lumia than I have on my Q10. On the Berry you always have the option to experiment with any Android apps, something Microsofts system doesn't offer at all. For almost all of my WP apps, I had (native) alternatives on BB10. Of course when it comes to gaming Windows Phone simply blows BB10 out of the water.

Last but not least the offered Nokia suite of apps is awesome. Camera is just one of the best camera apps I've ever used. Here Maps offers full offline support, so you can preload the maps of the country you want (India for example) and even have full access although you don't have any internet connection available. Plus the features and functionality are miles ahead of the rather basic BlackBerry Maps equivalent we have on the Q10. The preloaded maps are updated on a regular basis, so you can simply update your maps at home on your Wifi and keep using the latest data on the road. I really miss Here Maps on my BlackBerry and wish I could simply port it over from the Lumia, it is just that good.

The verdict? Both devices have their unique strengths and cons. Keep in mind the 730 overall is more of a mid-range device while the Q10 is a (former) flagship device, something you'll notice in terms of build quality. Oh and regarding updates, the Q10 will at least recieve the big 10.3.1 update later this year, which will bring many new features. The 730 will have 8.1 GDR1 and most likely will get the GDR2 update also. However Microsoft will launch a completely new version of Windows Phone next year and it is not known whether existing WP8(.1) will support the new major version of Windows. If you look back at Windows Phone 7 to 8, you'll see no WP7 device was able to upgrade to the WP8 software. The very same might happen next year with current devices.

Posted via CB10
    Just few notes:
    - Lumia 730 has 1 GB RAM because it is more than enough. Q10 has 2 GB RAM because it is required minimum.
    - Lumia 730 will get Windows 10.
    Aman1007 likes this.
    10-26-14 05:06 AM
    I have 0 knowledge about India telco market and pricing, so can comment only generally.
    First, don't be concerned with hardware specs as long as you are in mid and high territory - only exception is LTE support, of your operator frequencies.
    Think about your use cases.
    Two totally different use cases:
    Lumia: Dual SIM allows you to escape oppressive carrier pricing common in some markets. By combining for example data only sim with prepaid voice+text you can save a bundle comparing to the same usage on regular unlimited postpaid. As for OS, for one you already have 630 so you probably know well what you like or not like with WP and all important points comparing those were raised by Taigatrommel.
    Q10: Working professional - go with BlackBerry . Especially if your main email account is on MS Exchange server. Even without BES, BlackBerry rules in MS Exchange features. Not only email handling, but also meetings scheduling etc. Without Exchange, BlackBerry is still build around email. So if your work is revolving around communication - despite Microsoft being king of office software - BlackBerry is way to go.

Now, in some markets phone you carry is also very important signalling tool to your business partners. So if India this is the case, it is important to understand what is local perception of the both brands.

Last, I believe that once Classic is on the market Q10 will see some price drops.

Posted via CB10
    Aman1007 likes this.
    10-26-14 05:18 AM
    Thanks A lot guys...
    A person just wrote that after a year or so, the keyword becomes over responsive. Is it really true ?
    Does it happens to majority of users ? Or with all Keyword devices ?
    One more question that 3.1 inch is really a small screen ? Is there any problem while surfing net or reading email or viewing pdf ?
    10-26-14 05:47 AM
    Thanks A lot guys...
    A person just wrote that after a year or so, the keyword becomes over responsive. Is it really true ?
    Does it happens to majority of users ? Or with all Keyword devices ?
    One more question that 3.1 inch is really a small screen ? Is there any problem while surfing net or reading email or viewing pdf ?
    The double typing issue seems popular although I never had it regarding the screen size reading emails is okay surfing the Web and viewing pdfs is pretty decent

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    Aman1007 likes this.
    10-26-14 06:39 AM
    Surfing the web... what page do you look frequently... I can screenshot it for you and you see how it is displayed...
    We have 3 display modes in the one and unique embedded Browser:

1. Phone Browser default-view
    2. Reader Mode (like a Kindle/e-Reader)
    3. Desktop Mode (you can enable it in the settings, to show the page as it is displayed on a Computer)

BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.932; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675
    10-26-14 07:48 AM
    Oh...So nice of you...Thanks.... Can you sent me a pic of how this page look like in Q10 ?
    10-26-14 08:05 AM
    This page??

Which One is Better ( Blackberry Q10 Vs Nokia Lumia 730 Dual Sim ) and Why?-img_20141026_143810.png

I have the dark theme enabled... i.e: dark background... The editing mode looks like this:

Which One is Better ( Blackberry Q10 Vs Nokia Lumia 730 Dual Sim ) and Why?-img_20141026_143958.png

Aman1007 likes this.
    10-26-14 08:40 AM
    Oh... it is the CrackBerry App I posted from... You meant the web page, I realise... okay... here we go:

Which One is Better ( Blackberry Q10 Vs Nokia Lumia 730 Dual Sim ) and Why?-img_20141026_144304.png
    (Phone Browser)

Which One is Better ( Blackberry Q10 Vs Nokia Lumia 730 Dual Sim ) and Why?-img_20141026_144340.png
    (Reader mode, in the Browser... Look how the Ads disappear, only the main article is displayed!)

Which One is Better ( Blackberry Q10 Vs Nokia Lumia 730 Dual Sim ) and Why?-img_20141026_144642.png
    (Desktop mode... for this page, it is similar to the phone browser)

Aman1007 likes this.
    10-26-14 08:47 AM
    Oh...Cool..Thanks A Lot Brother...
    That helped A Lot...
    anischab likes this.
    10-26-14 08:52 AM
29 12