So I'm trying to update my OS officially thru BlackBerry link but by 80 percent, the "Fatal error has occurred while trying to update your Blackberry" Fatal?!

The USB kinda went out during the downloading of the software part briefly but not during the installation. What can I do to fix this? Should I try to update it thru a wireless network str8 from my phone? (I currently don't have any wireless Internet connection/logons). (I currently don't have any wireless Internet connection/logons). Or could be a possible error during the minor USB thing and is there a way to reverse that? The phone still seems to be working normally though! Thanks a bunch!

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 06:41 PM
    Also, I think the installation space is still on my phone because my phone space is now full!!! Help!

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 06:43 PM
    Space is full? That will cause errors. You might need to wipe and try again.
    jamesand313 likes this.
    04-07-14 07:13 PM
    Security wipe, try again.

Live it, love it, be it.....BB10
    jamesand313 likes this.
    04-07-14 07:15 PM
    Security wipe, try again.

Thanks..how long should this security wipe last? It's going on a couple hours now.
    04-07-14 09:59 PM
    Thanks..how long should this security wipe last? It's going on a couple hours now.
    Buddy, I've waited close to 4 hours once lmao

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2234 on Bell with Unlimited Data
    04-07-14 11:19 PM
    Sounds like you should just skip the Security Wipe and reload the OS: How to reload the OS on a BlackBerry Z10 or BlackBerry Q10 | CrackBerry.com
    & How to reload your BlackBerry 10 smartphone operating system | CrackBerry.com
    It is very simple:
    disconnect device
    close Link
    pull the battery (because Q10 is stuck wiping)
    open Link and let it load
    connect the device
    replace battery and press reload.
    jamesand313 likes this.
    04-07-14 11:37 PM
    Sounds like you should just skip the Security Wipe and reload the OS: How to reload the OS on a BlackBerry Z10 or BlackBerry Q10 | CrackBerry.com
    & How to reload your BlackBerry 10 smartphone operating system | CrackBerry.com
    It is very simple:
    disconnect device
    close Link
    pull the battery (because Q10 is stuck wiping)
    open Link and let it load
    connect the device
    replace battery and press reload.
    Ugh..I'm already doing the wipe now...and it's still going!!! I'm going to wait until I get off work today at 5pm and hopefully it's done!..if not, how do I stop the wipe and just restore my device? Trying to upgrade has been hell!
    04-08-14 06:25 AM
    Depending on how much stuff you have on your phone will depend on how long the wipe will take. I should have mentioned that some of us delete all of our apps and remove the SD card before wiping so it doesn't take as long. The SD card can be reformatted later to clean it out.

04-08-14 07:01 AM
    Depending on how much stuff you have on your phone will depend on how long the wipe will take. I should have mentioned that some of us delete all of our apps and remove the SD card before wiping so it doesn't take as long. The SD card can be reformatted later to clean it out.

Oh shoot...my SD card is still in there. That is not going to be wiped is it?!? SCREAMS!! lmao
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-08-14 07:53 AM
    I also hope I didn't make matters worse. Now I don't even know if the media encrpytion option was turned OFF before I started the wipe..ugh. Even so, would the encrytion work if I use my backup restore I previously saved (if my media card is wiped)?
    04-08-14 08:39 AM
    Like I said in the prior message if it is still stuck wiping, just pull the battery out and proceed with directions. The SD card well thats another issue
    04-08-14 10:43 PM