View Poll Results: Which best describes your Q10 situation, in terms of time owned and problems experienced.

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 3 months, double-typing

15 12.82%
  • Less than 3 months, other keyboard problem

4 3.42%
  • More than 3 months, double-typing

41 35.04%
  • More than 3 months, other keyboard problem

7 5.98%
  • Less than 3 months, no keyboard problems

17 14.53%
  • More than 3 months, no keyboard problems

39 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Wow and to think I always regretted not waiting for the q10. Glad I went with the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 07:27 PM
    Replying on my ipad so I could do the poll.
    I have had my Q10 since last June when it came out at AT&T. I used lo love to type on it and didn't know what people meant when they said their phones double typed. Until about a month ago. The first thing I noticed was the double space with a period and next word capitalized. I thought it was my fault. Then I started getting a space in the middle of a word. Now I get double typing and it's getting worse. I just got 10.2 last month. Don't remember if the problem started before or after that. I don't know if I should bring it to my carrier, call BB, or just wait to see what happens. I don't want to be without my phone and I doubt AT&T has any to lend me!!
    05-17-14 10:51 PM
    Hi all,

I have my Q10 For more then a year now. And knocking on wood I haven't had any problems.

I have a:

Model RFN81UQ
    Made in Mexico 5

I use my Q10 as my daily work driver. 40 emails, hours of BBM and the occasional text message go by every day and not a single glitch. After reading all your problems I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

I do saw that one of the other visitors who posted it's model info had a model 4 made in Mexico. Maybe they changed something after model 4????

Anyway good luck on all of you, that all your troubles may be solved.

Posted via CB10
    Ragbert and bbnrs like this.
    05-18-14 04:35 AM
    Have had mine for 10 months and it started about 6 months in, mostly with the space bar so I turned off the auto "." insert, which really helps alot. I get a few doouble letters here and there but not unbearable, having used an iphone previously i'd say even with the double type issue overall typing is still better so I can live with it now.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 07:23 AM
    Send it in for repair before your warranty is up. Mine is perfect now after repair last month.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 10:39 AM
    I have had my Q10 for about 9 months now. I can't say when I started having problems. At first I thought it was just my typing errors. Anyhow, guess I should work on getting it fixed but the thought of losing a phone for 2 weeks while it repairs frustrates me.

Turned off the space bar period function as someone else suggested which has helped decrease the annoyance. But the letters a and n seem to be most affected.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 11:08 AM
    More than 3 months (8 months), no keyboard problems

But must point out....
    The first Q10 sent to me (EE UK) had to be immediately replaced as the spacebar was squidgy
    (EE sent me a replacement handset the next afternoon - which is pretty good service.....)
    05-18-14 11:52 AM
    having used an iphone previously i'd say even with the double type issue overall typing is still better so I can live with it now. Posted via CB10
    Exactly!
    05-18-14 05:46 PM
    Had it since last sept, have had double t, space, p, and two others I can't rem atm. It's not a big deal Imo doe.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 06:59 PM
    A funny thing just happened. I was typing on FB and SWIPED the word "her " and got "her her". That's not the keyboard! Maybe it was my fault?
    05-19-14 07:33 AM
    LOL got a love India ) paid 4 bucks and my keyboard is new )

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 05:09 AM
    Well, we have 100 votes and an exact 50-50 split between "problems" and "no problems".
    05-20-14 02:49 PM
    My wife's Q10 had the 0 key acting like it was possessed. The phone was bought in September 2013 and staring acting up in February.
    We ended up sending the phone back to BlackBerry via Rogers the first week of March. It took them approx 10 days to replace the keyboard. No issues since then.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 03:05 PM
    I won my Q10 in the #Keystothecity contest, I just started having problems with the "O" key. I'm getting jumped around between my provider and BlackBerry. East says the other needs to process warranty.

My thought is BlackBerry should as I won from them!

Posted via CB10
    desmondbitdian likes this.
    05-25-14 05:36 AM
    I won my Q10 in the #Keystothecity contest, I just started having problems with the "O" key. I'm getting jumped around between my provider and BlackBerry. East says the other needs to process warranty.

My thought is BlackBerry should as I won from them!

Posted via CB10
    Good argument but take what you can get. Someone on the long thread had the same problem. You may want to contact him/her to find out how it was ultimately resolved.

Posted via CBQ10
    05-25-14 07:59 AM
    Black Q10 build in Mexico, one of the first german QWERTZ units bought back in May 20013.

Double-typing issues started late summer or very early autumn, I guess around beginning of october. It happened rarely but it started to be more frequent and more and more keys seem to show this problem.

Double-typed and posted with a BlackBerry Q10.
    05-25-14 06:28 PM
    Voting has slowed down, but I'd like to keep this poll from getting buried.

I've yet to hear of anyone having the double-typing problem on the Q5. I wonder how different the internal construction is. The external form of the keyboard is obviously very different.
    05-27-14 12:22 PM
    At last crackberry put a poll on the front page:
    http://crackberry.com/do-you-suffer-...blackberry-q10
    We will now get a somewhat fair gauge!

Posted via CBQ10
    05-27-14 12:28 PM
    Do you find the results so far to be surprising?

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.3175 CB10'n
    05-27-14 02:49 PM
    Nope!

Posted via CBQ10
    05-27-14 03:17 PM
    In the front page. Thread there are some comments from Q5 users. (I'm not correcting anymore).
    05-28-14 05:53 PM
    My texting worked flawlessly until I did the OS 10.2 upgrade. Now sometimes my texts freeze up and I, like others, have to wait for it to unstick itself to finish and send a text. But that's not the most frustrating thing for me. It's that now, AFTER the update, my texts are out of order. If I send text to someone, once I send it, it's at the top as the latest text I've sent or received. If I go out of texts and do something else on my phone and go back into my text messages, that person isn't at the top anymore. They have now been moved down a couple of days even when it clearly shows the time and date as recent. I have people ask me why I haven't responded to them. It's because they aren't showing up at the top as my latest text I've received and sometimes now the texts aren't in bold anymore showing a new text. They show up as the regular black text like it's already been read when it hasn't. Almost wish I had never done the upgrade as this is sooooooo frustrating and I don't know how to fix it.

I've tried refreshing my texts, battery pull multiple times, rebooting. Looked in setting and can't really find anything to change that would make my texts stay in order. Anyone else with this issue?
    06-05-14 12:07 PM
    Hi All
    Along time ago, before Microsoft Windows, when most of us were using an operating system on our PCs called DOS, one of the first things you would see load up was something called Debounce load up as part of the drivers.
    It was pretty fundamental because if you disabled it (I did to squeeze out the maximum amount of memory possible), you would get double-typing ALL the time, especially with some of the older keyboards. The older the keyboard, the worse it got....
    Its now embedded into all main operating systems which supports a physical keyboard apart from the poor Blackberry Q10! They must have wasted so much money on this!
    Software update is cheap and practical way to solve..
    04-24-15 10:02 AM
    I used to have a problematic Q10 that was sold later last May. It was SQN100-1 originally from Telus Canada and unlocked shortly after purchase. It was made in Mexico around July or August 2013.

Posted via CB10 on Q10 10.3.2.500
    04-24-15 03:20 PM
    Good job "ubizmo." Shows an amount of concern for the views of Q10 users.
    04-24-15 06:29 PM
107 ... 2345