push mail was an advantage ,no doubt about it but now with BB10 coming still don't see any huge disadvantage with respect to mailing because bb also has new tools to make email work in more efficient way
    10-08-13 01:01 PM
    No issues here either. Desktop (Trillian client), Q10 and PlayBook all receive incoming mails in a timeframe of seconds to a few minutes apart. I have no reason to think they show up on the Server more than a few minutes prior to this. Also, creating Drafts, Sent emails and Archiving also pretty much update instantly when refreshing the Hub (1 hour sync otherwise).
    tempered likes this.
    10-08-13 01:17 PM
    Its not the end of the world
    That's the attitude the brought the company to lose its business.

BlackBerry all of sudden lose push (most of BIS account got push: godaddy, yahoo, gmail, outlook.com/hotmail ect with BB10 you get push only with outlook.com or you need a BES) and it's not important anymore. It was its Unique Selling Propositione but now it become it's not the end of the world.

BB10 has no major app: it's not the end of the world.

BB10 is missing most of the BB7 features: it's not the end of the world, hang in there "they're coming soon".

The list it's long but I better stop before I become depressed.
    10-08-13 02:26 PM
    Ignorance is also a big part of the problem. It's clear some people don't know how their device works...or how to work it themselves and want to cry about it.

Gmail "pushes" on BB 10...but not on an iPhone. So does Yahoo and AOL.. Get your facts right.

That's the attitude the brought the company to lose its business.

BlackBerry all of sudden lose push (most of BIS account got push: godaddy, yahoo, gmail, outlook.com/hotmail ect with BB10 you get push only with outlook.com or you need a BES) and it's not important anymore. It was its Unique Selling Propositione but now it become it's not the end of the world.

BB10 has no major app: it's not the end of the world.

BB10 is missing most of the BB7 features: it's not the end of the world, hang in there "they're coming soon".

The list it's long but I better stop before I become depressed.
    tempered likes this.
    10-08-13 02:57 PM
    have you been living under a rock? old news. again, what other providers (of the many) do not support push?
    I can't list all the providers that do and do not support push. GoDaddy is one of the largest int he country, so that's enough. Danika PAtrick must be pissed.
    10-08-13 03:09 PM
    In the BB OS days, non-BES users bemoaned the fact that BIS email did not offer the true 2-way sync with EAS and IMAP accounts. With BB !0, BlackBerry now delivers that 2-way sync. As others have noted already in this thread, EAS and IMAP are delivering email as well as or better than iOS and Android. Gmail (IMAP) is delivered almost instantly to my Z10 -- a second or two after Android, and up to 15 minutes faster than my iPhone. With a couple of minor exceptions, I'm extremely happy with BB 10 email.

No OS will ever be everything to everyone. Find what works best for you and move to it.
    tempered likes this.
    10-08-13 03:13 PM
    Ignorance is also a big part of the problem. It's clear some people don't know how their device works...or how to work it themselves and want to cry about it.

Gmail "pushes" on BB 10...but not on an iPhone. So does Yahoo and AOL.. Get your facts right.
    You're right, ignorance is a problem.
    iOS has a Gmail app with full push.
    BB10 email is a huge step backwards from legacy for many people, just insulting them doesn't make the problem go away.
    BB10 devices are not really fit to be called BlackBerries in many people's opinions, mainly the customers, which is what counts.
    10-08-13 03:16 PM
    we're not talking about apps...we're talking native email.

You're right, ignorance is a problem.
    iOS has a Gmail app with full push.
    BB10 email is a huge step backwards from legacy for many people, just insulting them doesn't make the problem go away.
    BB10 devices are not really fit to be called BlackBerries in many people's opinions, mainly the customers, which is what counts.
    10-08-13 03:51 PM
    we're not talking about apps...we're talking native email.
    Oh come on.
    Don't pick and choose what you want.
    Gmail on iOS is push with the right app.
    Apps, you know? Those things BlackBerry users are desperate for?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 04:17 PM
    Oh come on.

Posted via CB10
    If we're talking apps, then I believe K9 Email offers push options for BB10.
    10-08-13 04:23 PM
    Wow, just wow. That is exactly what all these threads are about. People whining about things THEY pick and chose and think THEY are representative of what all BB users want. Get real. That's a big false. And the Gmail app sucks on the iPhone 5. I now use both (iPhone 5 and Q10) and I get my mail on the BB instantly... I get some of it instantly on the iPhone, but not all of it.
    Oh come on.
    Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 04:25 PM
    I wish that false part were a little truer. GoDaddy is NOT one of the biggest email providers in the country...at all. They are one of the largest domain registrars in the country. There is a big difference.

I can't list all the providers that do and do not support push. GoDaddy is one of the largest int he country, so that's enough. Danika PAtrick must be pissed.
    tempered likes this.
    10-08-13 04:35 PM
    What's this then?

Attachment 209027

Posted via CB10
    Isn't that a push option?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 10:03 PM
    Isn't that a push option?

Posted via CB10
    Mine on 10.2 says "Use push if supported, which implies that your service may not support push.

No push mail is creating Extensive Delays to Recieve Emails for me-img_00000399.png

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 10:19 PM
    Oh come on.

Posted via CB10
    Gmail on BB10 is pushed natively.

Google publishes an iOS app because Apple's native mail doesn't support IMAP-IDLE.

GoDaddy and Yahoo! can't push because they lack IMAP-IDLE support.

What am I missing?
    tempered likes this.
    10-08-13 11:06 PM
    Auto forward all your godaddy emails to an account that does support IMAP push or one that uses EAS push. Meaning Gmail or Outlook.com

Then use your phone to retrieve the emails from one of those services. You'll have push email.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    Danny Ocean likes this.
    10-08-13 11:14 PM
    Go daddy has push - active sync push.
    No push mail is creating Extensive Delays to Recieve Emails for me-img_00000058.png

Posted via CB10
    southlander and Ecm like this.
    10-08-13 11:37 PM
    Go daddy has push - active sync push.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000058.png 
Views:	410 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	209228

Posted via CB10
    There you go SoxFan, now quit complaining.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 01:03 AM
    If we're talking apps, then I believe K9 Email offers push options for BB10.
    3 star rating on BlackBerry world says its a battery hog and unstable.
    My battery life isn't great as it is, but thanks for the heads up, I'll keep my eye on it.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 01:19 AM
    Wow, just wow. That is exactly what all these threads are about. People whining about things THEY pick and chose and think THEY are representative of what all BB users want. Get real. That's a big false. And the Gmail app sucks on the iPhone 5. I now use both (iPhone 5 and Q10) and I get my mail on the BB instantly... I get some of it instantly on the iPhone, but not all of it.
    No, the problem is this is what some people like you are about.
    The big false is your view that anyone cares about having to use an app, many people love it.
    If the experience on bb10 was even close to legacy, legacy users would snap up the z10 since its now same price as a 9900.
    They're not.

And a lot of people are having serious problems with email on bb10. You're choosing to ignore that.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 01:21 AM
    Gmail on BB10 is pushed natively.

Google publishes an iOS app because Apple's native mail doesn't support IMAP-IDLE.

GoDaddy and Yahoo! can't push because they lack IMAP-IDLE support.

What am I missing?
    You're missing the people saying bb10 push is not reliable, legacy BlackBerry email was.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 01:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    That's an exchange acct which is a different subscription/service.
    10-09-13 05:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    Auto forward all your godaddy emails to an account that does support IMAP push or one that uses EAS push. Meaning Gmail or Outlook.com

Then use your phone to retrieve the emails from one of those services. You'll have push email.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    Auto-forwarding is not a good option...makes for confusing/messy. replies and looks very unprofessional.

I can't believe some ppl are defending the fact that BBY dropped push email, one of its iconic features. Some ppl will just blindly accept the inferior results and pretend things are better. That's ok. But don't try to convince the rest of us that it's better.
    10-09-13 05:57 AM
    You're missing the people saying bb10 push is not reliable, legacy BlackBerry email was.

Posted via CB10
    People say a lot of things. Empirical evidence shows other things.

Regardless, that point wasn't anywhere in the message to which I responded. In fact, I'm pretty sure I responded to inaccurate information you posted.

Sadly the rantings of folks on this message board do not represent all of BlackBerry-dom nor even a balanced sampling.

I can probably list just as many people who aren't having issues BB10

So, do you really want assistance getting things working or is this really yet another veiled complaint about BIS going away?
    tempered likes this.
    10-09-13 06:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah right...

Auto-forwarding is not a good option...makes for confusing/messy. replies and looks very unprofessional.

I can't believe some ppl are defending the fact that BBY dropped push email, one of its iconic features. Some ppl will just blindly accept the inferior results and pretend things are better. That's ok. But don't try to convince the rest of us that it's better.
    BBY didn't drop push, they just got with the times and finally adhered to standards long used by everyone else. Those standards are POP3, IMAP and EAS. Maybe: just maybe, you should do some research into these 3 standards instead of crying your little head off about how BBY wronged you.

So, do you really want assistance getting things working or is this really yet another veiled complaint about BIS going away?
    Nailed it!
    tempered likes this.
    10-09-13 06:39 AM
225 1234 ...