View Poll Results: Frrely Charge or Not

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Charging Points

38 79.17%
  • No charging Points

10 20.83%
    Crackberry Nation...
    Why would Blackberry not make the Q10 with charging points as in the 9900?

This is insane. Maybe they forgot? Only CrackBerry can bring this to BlackBerry's attention before they make a HUGE boo-boo...

Please Help!

DESPERATE IN LOUISIANA =)
    Jake Storm likes this.
    02-27-13 03:38 PM
    Hi there and that's a very good concern and question...

The Z10 and the Q10 have there voltage protector and built in protection for the power supply relocated in these 2 devices that's why of the change of position for the outlet.

Everything has been moved around for space and cooling

Regards Like Always,
    Tom

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk
    02-27-13 03:55 PM
    ...that's why of the change of position for the outlet.

Everything has been moved around for space and cooling
    He's not talking about the usb outlet, the charging points could be placed anywhere on the perimeter of the phone and have thin wires internally.
    02-27-13 11:26 PM
    I voted yes on the poll, but I would rather see BlackBerry feature wireless charging on all their new phones.
    02-28-13 12:31 PM
    Hi everyone sorry to inform you all that your will not see any wireless charging point of these 2 current BB OS 10 Devices...
    But that's a very good option and if BB Corp. Think its smart and that there is a market I am sure in the future BB Corp. will maybe have this type of updated wireless charging built in the 5th Generation BB Devices in late 2014 or 2015...

All it depends now if this year shows go sale and locked in multi year contracts with world wide service providers ( that's the very important bottom line cuz BB Corp. really needs to start making money real fast or they could be out of this world wide Smartphone game and once and for all this time around if these OS 10 Devices don't sell )

That's a fact its swim or sink for the new BlackBerry Corp.

Regards Like Always,
    Tom
    02-28-13 01:10 PM
    They could've made the decision based on numbers of past charging stands for the 9900. For me micro hdmi is a great gain over the charging pins.
    02-28-13 02:15 PM
    plug the darn thing in why dontcha... quit bein lazyyyy lol
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-28-13 02:24 PM
    I voted yes on the poll, but I would rather see BlackBerry feature wireless charging on all their new phones.
    Me too, as soon as I can find a spare back cover for my z10, I'm going to build it...

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 02:42 PM
    Glad to see I am not the only one missing the docking capability. The dock makes it so easily accessible. Just drop in and go. Get a message, pick it up, respond, drop in and go. This will be sadly missed......
    Jake Storm likes this.
    02-28-13 07:18 PM
    I miss using my 9900's dock already. As said above, it's so easy to just plonk the phone in there, it looks cool too.
    02-28-13 07:52 PM
    YES - cradle is cool and useful (wireless charging even more) and might be easily implemented by 3rd party manufactures due to removable back and battery
    03-01-13 03:12 AM
    Tom doesn't understand what the desktop cradle is. Why are you rambling on about wireless charging and markets?
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    03-01-13 03:33 AM
    They could've made the decision based on numbers of past charging stands for the 9900. For me micro hdmi is a great gain over the charging pins.
    This would definitely seem like an obvious way that they will have made some of these decisions that vocal minorities sometimes treat as some kind of personal insult.
    03-01-13 12:45 PM
    Wouldn't it be possible to make a third party battery and battery door combo that adds the charging dot points?

After all with Wii controllers some companies have made rechargeable battery packs that completely replace the battery door in addition to occupying the battery space, which allows the exposure of a contact point for charging at a dock.
    03-04-13 10:49 AM
    I have the wireless charging orb for the nexus 4 and its awesome to just set it on there after browsing the web with the phone in the dark, not fumbling around feeling for cords.
    06-06-13 01:37 PM
    And this is why I returned the Q10.
    Apple here I come.
    07-07-13 01:25 AM
    Why can't they make a small piece that fits into the area where the charging cable goes on the Q10 that is metal, and flat on the side of the Q10 that becomes the charging contact when placed sideways in a corresponding charging pod? Seems like a simple fix possible with current technology.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 11:11 AM
    And this is why I returned the Q10.
    Apple here I come.
    For this reason only! Bye.
    07-07-13 11:32 AM
    i think i was confused by the poll, my Q10 does not have charging ports. Do some have it? I would like to have it like the 99xx
    07-08-13 06:32 PM