I currently have two charging stands for my BB9900 (one each for home office and client office) and use them to make/receive hands-free calls (as well as charging the phone....) - I also had two stands for my 9700 and also for my previous 9000....

Not having the ability to get a Charging Stand is one of the reasons I have been holding off on getting a Q10

I'll wait a little longer and 1) see if BBRY brings out an official Q10 charging stand, and/or 2) read some reviews of this Goose White Charger

How is BB going to release charging stand? It will still have to be a USB docking station.. Maybe they can release wireless charging pod?
    05-21-13 03:22 PM
    How is BB going to release charging stand? It will still have to be a USB docking station.. Maybe they can release wireless charging pod?
    There was a post of a non BB docking stand for the Q already.

As far as inductive charging, won't be coming from BB, the phone was not designed with this capability. Only way a Q will get inductive is if the community hacks something together. Regardless, there will be no "plug and play" inductive charging, and solution will require some soldering and or other electronic work to the back of the actual phone.
    05-21-13 05:48 PM
    wait, don't android phones have the exact same situation? my last one had a horizontal dock just like these.

stupid blackberry. Yet ANOTHER reason to leave and use an android.!!
    go ahead and save the .10 cents on the design and implementation.
    hope you enjoy losing the customers too!!!
    05-21-13 08:39 PM
    There was a post of a non BB docking stand for the Q already.
    I know, like I said it still has to be USB dock, not a charging pod like earlier BB's.
    It takes a split second to place it on pod and remove, with USB docks it will be a pain, you will need two hand operation, wear out the USB port on the phone, but maybe it would work if it uses USB port on other end for local sync. (not sure if people still use local sync).

Big neglect on BB's part leaving out external charging terminals. Terrible idea. First thing I buy is pod, then leather pocket-pouch.

Sent from BlackBerry 9900
    05-21-13 11:36 PM
    There is no excuse for BB not putting contacts on the bottom of the device so it cold be dropped in a charger. Guess they are saving this feature for the Q11.

Stupid!
    PJD642 likes this.
    05-22-13 03:53 AM
    just another bloody good reason to get a Q10. soon as they release the Q10 in Australia I'll order one and a BlacKberry case with a clasp and I'll be texting from my grave.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    05-22-13 04:13 AM
    Th Bold 9790 was th Best for this reason !!! I have one and regret th Q10 has not this usb connection in bottom !!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 07:28 AM
    I'm still pissed there's no cradle for the Q10 too. But I bit the bullet and ordered one of the Goose White cradles...arrived quickly, used it for a few days now. Then last night I decided it wasn't worth it, for the following reasons: 1) The phone doesn't easily slide on/off of the charging port, because the clearances for the slot that the phone slides into are too loose - you have to slide the phone towards the USB plug, and then wiggle it to line up the plug correctly. 2) The little blue light on the front of the cradle emits a white light straight upwards, enough to spread a beam of light approximately 10 feet wide by 2 feet high across the ceiling in my bedroom. It's bright enough in a dark room that I taped a piece of paper over it to dim it. 3) I'm on call for my place of employment between midnight and 8:00 AM, and get called about once a week to go handle something, which brings me to my final objection - the most annoying thing is trying to remove the phone from the cradle. There is no easy way to remove the phone from the charger one handed, because of the design of the cradle. The entire back of the phone is covered, so you end up trying to push the phone sideways at the top left corner, above the USB connector, since that's the only surface you can reach to push the phone sideways off the USB plug. That's relatively ok in the morning if you're awake, but in the middle of the night? Forget it! That's why I loved the cradle - phone rang, I could just grab it and hit the "talk" button before the wife woke up. Last night? Phone rang, she woke to me cursing as I first knocked the cradle onto its side and then hit the voice activation button. Missed the call, too.

Someone could make a fortune selling an aftermarket drop-in cradle and battery door combo. All it'd require would be a little tab that went between the battery and the battery pins, connected to the battery door with two contacts on the inside of the battery door, along with a strip of ribbon cable leading from that down to two contact points on the outside of the battery door to fit the cradle. (Ten Thousand dollar idea there, folks - someone make one and I will buy two!)
    06-15-13 04:53 PM
    Someone could make a fortune selling an aftermarket drop-in cradle and battery door combo. All it'd require would be a little tab that went between the battery and the battery pins, connected to the battery door with two contacts on the inside of the battery door, along with a strip of ribbon cable leading from that down to two contact points on the outside of the battery door to fit the cradle. (Ten Thousand dollar idea there, folks - someone make one and I will buy two!)
    I think if it were that simple, you would see a ton more aftermarket inductive charging solutions. I have seen fairly tech savvy people need assistance from an electrical engineer to fix what the tech savvy person broke trying to add a wireless charging solution to a device.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 06-24-13 at 09:36 PM. Reason: typo/autocorrect fix
    06-17-13 12:30 PM
    I'm gonna assume by inductive you mean without physical contacts (not being snarky, just making sure we're on the same page). Inductive would be GREAT if someone could do it, but I'm saying old school physical contact points in the cradle touching tabs on the back of the battery door, leading to another, separate, tab that gets inserted between the battery and the contact points inside the phone (just a tiny little "L" shaped piece).
    06-24-13 10:04 AM
    I'm gonna assume by inductive you mean without physical contacts (not being snarky, just making sure we're on the same page). Inductive would be GREAT if someone could do it, but I'm saying old school physical contact points in the cradle touching tabs on the back of the battery door, leading to another, separate, tab that gets inserted between the battery and the contact points inside the phone (just a tiny little "L" shaped piece).
    I am not familiar with previous charging cradles, just saying the technology is the same as far as the power coming in inductive or by points, the charging points or inductive coil need to get the charge to the contact points. In phones like the SGS3 this was already available and just required a small mod, on other phones this wasn't the case and required some additional wiring. If anyone wants to post some high resolution pics of what you speak of I would be happy to take a look and see if I am misunderstanding how previous BBs worked. The pins vs inductive don't really change the modification of this unless already implemented by BB as was on the SGS3.

Happy for any input, but regardless of source, modifications need to be made in any implementation.
    06-24-13 09:36 PM
    This is such bad news - I'm trying to stay loyal to BB - but this is yet another reason I wont upgrade.
    07-23-13 04:28 AM
    is it realy true that there will not be any charging stand / pod for the Q10?
    The USB Port is on the left side, no charging "point" at the bottom, and it is total useless to plug in a Q10 on "side" ....
    even the accessoires catalogue does not mention any charging solution beside plugging a cable in....

That can't be true!
    Without charging points on the bottom of the phone it will be difficult to make a decent cradle.

Why Blackberry decided to not put contacts on the bottom of it's phone beats me. It was just another of their BIG mistakes!
    PJD642 likes this.
    07-23-13 06:31 AM
    Why Blackberry decided to not put contacts on the bottom of it's phone beats me. It was just another of their BIG mistakes!
    Another stupid mistake. Just plain backwards. Why they ignored things that worked and were good with their previous devices is just plain idiotic.
    09-04-13 11:41 PM
    any chance of an update as to how well this has worked for you? the only other "dock" on amazon has three 1 star reviews.

09-05-13 12:16 AM
40 12