New owner of a Q10 here, I've been trying to figure out whether or not my device came out of the factory broken or not.

First, the NFC pins under the battery cover seem extremely loose, waving the phone (like a handwave) makes them tick against the sides of the holes they're mounted in. Rotating my device up -> down also causes them to rattle against the sides and cover.
    Upon removing the cover and checking them out, they have a lot of space, they go down on their own a bit, then on pressing them slightly I notice there's a spring there, but the spring only works for the last bit?

Now I've been testing the NFC functionality with a public transport card and it does seem to work, however the distance seems to be around 1cm and only if the chip aligns with the spot the nfc pins are on.

So before I return it for exchange I'm trying to figure out if this is as intended, thanks in advance.
    07-24-13 05:31 PM
    I haven't noticed anything similar on my Z. There was a thread about rattling Qs a while ago, not sure what the consensus on that was.
    07-24-13 05:37 PM
    Yeah, I did a forum search and ran into 2 similar threads but couldn't really get out of it if it was normal or not :/, so hopefully I'll get a few responses on this.
    07-24-13 05:40 PM
    My Q's NFC doesn't rattle at all on the cover and the two prongs on the phone itself.
    The prongs on the phone do give a little when pressed from the spring underneath.

NFC and NFC contact pins-img_00000071.jpg

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 05:42 PM
    Thanks, on closer inspection it seems to be near the camera, not the NFC, don't know why I thought it was, apparently a lot of people are reporting similar on other devices :s
    07-24-13 07:07 PM