With the Passport and Classic coming out soon, I think BlackBerry's next Q phones (if they haven't thought of this already) should be similar to the Classic form factor but without the toolbelt and implemented with the keyboard trackpad and flicking next predictive work capability found on the Passport. Of course, upgraded hardware internals as well (CPU, RAM, battery, antennas, etc.). Break it down into 2 classes like the Bolds (Q10/Classic) and Curves (Q5) for the premium and economical options.

People using the Classic (there will be some corporate folk that are being exposed to the BB10 software for the first time) will get used to the BB10 OS and probably transition to a newer Q phone without a toolbelt.

That's how I want my ideal Q phone to be and I think corporate types that are communications/message heavy would easily adopt these.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 09:42 AM
    Well this all sounds great and I hope it does happen. My the truth is, a lot of companies have shifted to IOS.

So something is going to have to change in order for corporations to begin offering BlackBerry's once again.

http://www.stayontop-lifestyle.com/
    09-14-14 09:55 AM
    Sounds good to me! I sometimes find myself flicking on my Q10 to just see hoe it will work and I think it will be awesome! I will definitely get one
    09-14-14 09:57 AM
    Well this all sounds great and I hope it does happen. My the truth is, a lot of companies have shifted to IOS.

So something is going to have to change in order for corporations to begin offering BlackBerry's once again.

http://www.stayontop-lifestyle.com/
    I think the first thing is BlackBerry stabilizing themselves financially and securing that notion that they are here for the long haul. Many procurements look at a company's financial viability as part of the process. I don't know what the board was thinking when they went public about selling the company. Delays on the roll-out of BB10 and BES10 due to poor execution. It really did them over for companies in their procurement cycles.

The good thing is that Chen is proving to be a very competent CEO to move BlackBerry in the right direction and bringing market confidence back to the company and shareholders.

I'm still not convinced of Apple devices and services as cost efficient to companies. My company heavily focuses on email, instant messaging, office documents and phone calls for everyday business and I just don't see iPhones beating BlackBerry in this arena. iPhones are fragile and the typing experience and battery life isn't good at all with the iPhones. I can't imagine the frequency of maintenance and repair is along with the costs associated with it. Voice/data reception quality is superior with BlackBerry. With the latest debacle on the iCloud, it will make companies really think twice about using Apple as a provider. Sure there might be some business functions in a company that might have iPhones with a specific business app built just for iOS so that's where BES12 can still manage it. I would think that it's critical that BlackBerry has developer resources to build custom corporate apps to fill in the gap (which I believe John Chen has done by moving out of consumer apps and having his developers focus on business/productivity apps).

Factor in device management (BES12 to manage almost all platforms), top security, containerized work and personal spaces built into the device OS, etc., all coming from a single vendor forming a true end-to-end solution offering, I think BlackBerry makes a good case to offer companies to stay or to come back to BlackBerry in the years to come. They just have to keep fighting and have smart execution on their strategy.

I guess we will see... :P

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 10:49 AM
    I would like to have a similar size of a Q10 phone but keyboard also work as trackpad like the passport. Passport seems really nice phone I'm worried doesn't fit in skinny jeans and trousers.

via Q10
    bbnrs likes this.
    09-16-14 12:43 AM
    I keep reading that RIM is stepping away from devices and going more into software and security. Could just be hearsay but with all the doom and gloom talk regarding BlackBerry there seems like a good chance they'll be giving up on the mobile market
    09-16-14 08:44 AM
    If the latest round of devices end up failing - don't expect another set of devices.

I think having having the end and call keys are key factors for some, but I agree the touch enabled keyboard should be a standard on all their following qwerty phones.

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    09-16-14 09:39 AM
    [QUOTE=evodevo69;10847310]If the latest round of devices end up failing - don't expect another set of devices.

More than half people here will wait for passport and classic to drop price before they buy and who's going to know whether to sell well this devices or it will end up failing

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 11:44 AM
    I keep reading that RIM is stepping away from devices and going more into software and security. Could just be hearsay but with all the doom and gloom talk regarding BlackBerry there seems like a good chance they'll be giving up on the mobile market
    Where did you read that RIM is stepping away from devices?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 12:10 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Classic also known as Q20?
    09-16-14 12:11 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Classic also known as Q20?
    You're not wrong. The Classic is known as the Q20 on CB and probably on other sites like N4BB and BBin, but BlackBerry presented it as the BlackBerry Classic. I don't think BlackBerry will ever call it the Q20.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 12:25 PM
    I like the idea of the Q10 over the Classic because why would you need both touch screen and track pad? Plus dedicated talk and end buttons. I see the passport being the hit. Even the air force has started using iOS and taking down BES. I have a love hate relationship with it. I routinely swap with my Nexus 5 or HTC One M8. I love BB10 because it looks like an adult designed it.

Posted from Q10
    09-16-14 02:17 PM
    Blackberry need to sell out this Passport and classic FIRST. Before they go further..

" Initiated from my QNX10 "
    09-16-14 04:16 PM